Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 12:15 AM
Default how to add new animations for a car....
Hi All,

I've created several cars now that are pretty cool and I was ready for something more chalanging. I created a new mesh for a sports car that is going to need the doors to lift up and then out, rather than just out when the door opens. Now, I know how to do all the normal tasks associated with creating custom cars, and I know how to build an animation in MilkShape. What I don't know, is how to use that animation for the door. I did Echo's tutorial on adding new animations, but, the door is a different sort of thing, because it is not adding a new animation, but rather replacing the existing animation with a new one without changing the other animations associated with the car.
I know it can be done, because Cevic did it with his Lamborghini Gallardo. But he is not visitng MTS2 anymore, so I'm looking for anyone that can help me solve this issue. You are welcomed to PM me if this will need a lengthy dialog.

Kevin

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]I think that the only real way to be hypocrisy free is to stand up for nothing…and I’d rather deal with sometimes being a hypocrite than wake up one day, prostrate in my own apathy.
. *Me*
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 5:30 PM
I hoped that someone could reply to your question, but no luck...
I can't give you detailed instructions, because I don't know exactly, but consider this:

1) usually, cloned cars use the MAxis animations in order to work, and these animations reside in the game, not in the cloned package;
2) if you want to modify an ANIM for one car only, you have to import that ANIM into the clone, and then modify the clone in order to use the custom ANIM instead of the Maxis one;
3) in order to instruct the car to use a custom ANIM, you have to edit some BHAVs in the package (and possibly import some semiglobals) and also edit the Text Lists connected to the Animations.

My suggestion is to study Cevic's car, comparing it to a standard clone of a sport car, so to spot the differences.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:01 PM
Cevic says that you can clone his car, but you have to ofcourse give credit.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:25 PM
You can also edit existing maxis animations directly in simPE, by recalculating the xyz values for each joint for that particular anim, example, if you want a car door to open upwards rarther than outwards, if the anims are plotted for the z axis, copy and paste the z axis values to the x axis then delete the z values so the door has the same anim, just in a different direction, or to have a mixture of the 2, then copy from z to x without deleting the z values afterwards meaning the door would open diagonally.

The numeric xyz values for every joint, in every frame of every animition can be viewed and edited manually in SimPE