Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drivable Cars without NL (Game Add-on) *UPD 28nov2008*

by Numenor Posted 10th Nov 2008 at 1:57 AM - Updated 14th Dec 2009 at 9:25 AM by Numenor : Updated "Cars.package" archive

227 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 201 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 10
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:20 AM
So, obviously if you don't have nightlife, it won't take you downtown - what this car add-on does is give you the option of using your own car to go to the community lots? haha, hopefully not a stupid question!

As usual, AMAZING work, Numenor, as expected from a talented modder like yourself. Keep 'em coming! Thanks!
#3 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:22 AM
I imagine it would also give your Sims the option to drive to work in their own car instead of in the carpool.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:28 AM
O:!

Amazing!

If I didn't already have Nightlife, I would have totally downloaded this.

It's an awesome idea. Poor Nightlife, it'll never know what hit it. :3

Keep up the good work, Numenor, you always have amazing mods! :D

Compulsive Downloader and PROUD OF IT.
My Sims 3 game has a built in timer! It never fails to crash after an hour of playing. D;
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pensivefool
So, obviously if you don't have nightlife, it won't take you downtown - what this car add-on does is give you the option of using your own car to go to the community lots? haha, hopefully not a stupid question!

You can go to work, drive kids to school, go to community lots, take a 1-hour trip, go installing the car alarm, listen to the radio and of course WOOHOO! -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:43 AM
I already have Nightlife, but regardless, this is awesome, thanks for sharing! :D

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:56 AM
What about adding driveways on community lots for the cars? Is that included?
#8 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 3:00 AM
There is already a mod for that here on modthesims2. It should be in Downloads/Automotive.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Zombie Socks
#9 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 3:05 AM
Happiness! Thank you so much!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 5:15 AM
I do have nighlife, but with such great mod I just wanted to tell you, how amazing you are!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 6:45 AM
I too, have nightlife, but I just popped in to say that you are amazing

"To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 6:45 AM
Like a couple people above, I also have nightlife and so won't be downloading, since I don't need it. However, I wanted to let you know that I thought this was an awesome idea. I know there are a lot of people out there who don't have all the expansions and / or stuff packs, so I bet you will have a ton of people wanting to get this. Awesome idea!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 8:22 AM
Haha...it is too late for this mod came out...Why dont you do the another same but not car...is helicopter???....It is not too late...hahaha....
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 8:31 AM
what about NightLife only cars like the MiniVan???
Any way thanks

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G0TH1KA
What about adding driveways on community lots for the cars? Is that included?

Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
There is already a mod for that here on modthesims2. It should be in Downloads/Automotive.

This mod does NOT add any new feature to the game; it only enables some Nightlife feature in non-nightlife games.
GeneralOD: I thought that creating usable driveways in community lot was not possible; I searched the Download forums but I couldn't find anything: can you post a link? I'm interested.

Quote: Originally posted by ZXander_Stealth
Haha...it is too late for this mod came out...Why dont you do the another same but not car...is helicopter???....It is not too late...hahaha....

Why too late? There are a lot of people that still don't have Nightlife and can only use the Ford cars posted at the Exchange: this mod lets them use the tons of custom cars available on the Net.
As for the helicopters, I don't know, there are no drivable helicopters in Nightlife... I'll check it.

Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
what about NightLife only cars like the MiniVan???
Any way thanks

This mod allows user to use custom cars in non-nightlife games; currently, it doesn't add any car to your game. However, I'll think of providing a set of cars cloned from the nightlife ones.
After all, since Maxis decided to allow non-nightlife users to use drivable cars, I can't see any problem in extracting the actual cars, too.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 10:27 AM
....I not mean helicopter in NightLife...but in Apartment life....There are also a lot of people that who dont have Apartment life...
Forum Resident
#17 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:20 PM
well i also have nightlife, but i really had downloaded this if i haven´t got it. (okay, i know, that was said here very often...^^) Awesome mod
but what´s that with helicopters?? that sounds interesting. i haven´t got AL yet and i don´t know if i´ll ever buy it (my computer is too old ).
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:39 PM
Thank you soooooo much! I DON'T have nightlife - so this is fantastic

You have officially made my day
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:58 PM
I love you! I will be downloading this!!!

Testing...check...Is this thing on?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZXander_Stealth
....I not mean helicopter in NightLife...but in Apartment life....There are also a lot of people that who dont have Apartment life...

Quote: Originally posted by dustfinger
but what´s that with helicopters?? that sounds interesting. i haven´t got AL yet and i don´t know if i´ll ever buy it (my computer is too old ).

Let's clear up one important thing.
This mod is NOT intended to just "extend" some features typical of an EP to those users that don't have that EP. If it was the case, then I could give elevators to non-OFB users, or harvestable plants to non-SSN users. I'm NOT going to do that.

The purpose and the reason of this mod was to include the custom cars in an add-on already released by Maxis to non-Nightlife users. It was Maxis who decided that non-NL users should be given the opportunity to drive cars, not me. If the helicopters are typical of Apartment Life, I'm not going to allow non-AL users to drive helicopters, until Maxis itself decides to to this.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 5:01 PM
woah! this is useless to me as i already play nightlife but well done!! this is some serious modding you just did lol :D

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#22 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 5:13 PM
Drat, I JUST added NL to my Medieval themed AnyGame. The only reason behind that move was to have Hexameter's horse-drawn carts. This would have been the perfect solution for that!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 5:39 PM
Sorry, the update to the CEP took me some precious time -

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 6:22 PM
Revolutionary. Good work , thank you Brains
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 7:13 PM
wow, this is seriously awesome! i have nightlife but i had to uninstall it because it was slowing my game too much >__> thank you so much for this Numenor, you are a real genius!

so mee, (: ~ aguantt el trioo galletaaaa :O
Page 1 of 10