Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Make out _IS_ a romantic social, dammit!

by Marhis Posted 13th Nov 2008 at 12:03 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 12:29 AM by Marhis : Reuploaded attachment

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 1:05 AM
I never even noticed that o_o Thanks doing this. What were they thinkin? oO
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 2:10 AM
WTH? How did EA not tag Make Out as a romantic social? That's just sloppy. Thanks for the fix!

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 4:55 AM
this is weird but ive never noticed bcoz sims have to at least have a crush to have the make out social but great fix all the same

the amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 5:37 AM
Yay, you're back! Thank you for this!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassist_bitch
this is weird but ive never noticed bcoz sims have to at least have a crush to have the make out social
That's not true. They do not need to be crushing already in order for "make out" to be an option. It just depends on long term relationship, so any two best friends will have the option under the "kiss" menu (at least, that's how it is in my game?)

By the way; does anyone know if this fix is included in any way in JM Pes' Romancemod? I have the Romancemod and I'm wondering if I need this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
That's not true. They do not need to be crushing already in order for "make out" to be an option. It just depends on long term relationship, so any two best friends will have the option under the "kiss" menu (at least, that's how it is in my game?)

Right: it's influenced by attraction, so if they have 1 or more bolts they do not need a crush to make out.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
By the way; does anyone know if this fix is included in any way in JM Pes' Romancemod? I have the Romancemod and I'm wondering if I need this.

Romancemod does not include this modification, so yes, you can use both without conflicts.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 3:30 PM
Thank you! I thought I was the only one that had this problem (thought maybe it was a hack conflict and I was too lazy to look into it lol)!!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 4:28 PM
Thank you! This was really needed!! When i noticed this i thought my came isn´t working correctly! Once more, thanks
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:18 PM
You're right about this, but, thanks but no thanks! The falling in love thing resulting from every romantic or flirt interaction however simple, is, simply put, an exaggeration not entirely realistic, just like the ridiculous jealousy resulting from every such action. I agree that "make out" is one of the more serious interactions between a couple, and that therefor more closely merits crush and falling in love so I'm rather surprised EA has never rectified it. There is a place where a certain romantic interaction still doesn't trigger crush/love and EA hasn't fixed that one either. Can anyone guess where? If somebody finds it please don't "fix" it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 4:35 AM
I thought I was crazy! Thank you for confirming that I might be sane. The ridiculous thing is that I was so sure I was wrong that I would still regularly use "make out" to try and trigger hearts and it NEVER worked, but I continued to assume I was doing something wrong.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#12 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 3:54 PM
I guess It was meant as a interaction between the sims who are romantically involved yet cause the it requires the very high level of rel

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 10:45 PM
Thank you for fixing this, Marhis!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mosbyte
You're right about this, but, thanks but no thanks! The falling in love thing resulting from every romantic or flirt interaction however simple, is, simply put, an exaggeration not entirely realistic, just like the ridiculous jealousy resulting from every such action. I agree that "make out" is one of the more serious interactions between a couple, and that therefor more closely merits crush and falling in love so I'm rather surprised EA has never rectified it. There is a place where a certain romantic interaction still doesn't trigger crush/love and EA hasn't fixed that one either. Can anyone guess where? If somebody finds it please don't "fix" it.

You would probably like JM Pescado's No Instant Love hack and might also appreciate his Romancemod. Both are available at More Awesome Than You.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 10:44 PM
Naa I love to snog the face off anyone without the lovey crushy thing...LOL
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 7:49 PM
cool i never payed attention to this but cool now its fixed =)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:45 AM
lol! Very True. No, sorry I'm just going to make out with someone I don't really love.... Bah! thanks for the fix.
Alchemist
#18 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 7:35 PM
I don't understand what this does, can you explain it a bit more?
(LOL I'm not English by the way so please don't comment on my question)

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 1:52 AM
It makes it so that if two good friends makeout, it can trigger a crush/love between the two sims.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 7:34 PM
I WUV YOU!!!! lol tnxs
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 7:48 PM
let me make this simple. i know another language is tricky at first ^.^
if there are 2 very good friends. make out is very long kissing. for a reason i do not know, the people who made SIMS2 made a mistake where if the 2 friends kiss that way, they do not fall in love, no matter what.

Girl Addicted To Sims
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th May 2009 at 5:32 PM
I'm having trouble downloading this. It shows as being done downloading but with 0 kbs and then triggers an error with Win RAR. I got a few other things before I tried downloading this one and they didn't give me any problems. By the way, I know how to download and install, so that isn't the problem. I would love to have this in my game. Any ideas? Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 5:58 AM Last edited by wthrwthoutyu : 3rd Oct 2009 at 5:59 AM. Reason: correcting typo
Oh wow. Like others here, I never even noticed that. But now that you've pointed it out, I must have this fix! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 1:35 AM
well, these people could just be really good friends and like to make out! maybe because they are lonely or something :P
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 4:18 AM
Thanks a bunch, i just noticed this bug today actually and had been searching for a fix, good job.
Page 1 of 2