Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 11:20 PM
Default [Solved] How to change a floor mirror's Environment score?
Hey all. I need to change the environment score on a floor mirror. I'm aware that just changing the RAW data won't do it, but the only other information I can find applies to BHAV and BCON entries that exist in beds but apparently not in mirrors. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 1:21 AM
I can't find anything in the mirrors where to set the environment score, apart from the Raw data; though normally it's just a value that appears in catalog, and means nothing more, could it be that in this specific case the game reads the environmet score directly from the OBJD? Have you actually tried modifying it?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I can't find anything in the mirrors where to set the environment score, apart from the Raw data; though normally it's just a value that appears in catalog, and means nothing more, could it be that in this specific case the game reads the environmet score directly from the OBJD? Have you actually tried modifying it?

Not yet. The conventional wisdom seems to be that the OBJD settings do nothing except change the catalog display, so I didn't think there was any point. I can try to set up some sort of test environment and see whether it actually has any efffect.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 11:26 PM
Well, about all I could tell was that the mirror does have *some* positive effect on the room score. I'm really not sure how to measure it in more detail. :/
The ModFather
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 1:28 AM
This is good news Of course the environment is influenced by all the other objects around, but if raising the OBJD value from 1 to 10 actually generates an improvement in the environment score when in game, then we can be sure

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
This is good news Of course the environment is influenced by all the other objects around, but if raising the OBJD value from 1 to 10 actually generates an improvement in the environment score when in game, then we can be sure

Well, the only objects on the lot apart from some bare walls were a few of these mirrors. So I don't know what else it could have been. XD
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 8:35 AM
Thank you, then: we both have learned something new

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 12:49 AM Last edited by akven : 13th Sep 2009 at 2:27 PM.
i will try "ratingroom" turning it from 1 to 10.
hey, it turns out that is the enviornment score. cool!