Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Strider - Arcade Game *UPDATED*

by Winsyrstrife Posted 15th Nov 2008 at 2:12 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2009 at 1:06 AM by Winsyrstrife : Mesh Modifications

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Freelance Wolf : 15th Nov 2008 at 10:11 PM.
This arcade machine is awesome! The videos make it a lot more realistic. Great work :3
Forum Resident
#3 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 11:13 AM
wowee! <3 I use to love that game when I was a kid. now I can play it again thanks Winsyrstrife sama!

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 1:17 PM
Cant wait to try this. Strider was a classic. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
The ModFather
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 9:50 PM
I'm glad that you took my advice and studied the correct way to create additional arcade games, without replacing the existing ones

Good job!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 5:44 AM
Thanks.

This turned out to be a lot more work than I expected. However, I'm now capable of doing much more, as a result. I never intended to edit a mesh, and had no idea how to do so before I started working on these arcade cabinets. I gave up a few times, but always came back the next day with different ideas and testing. Finally figured out how things work, and here we are today.

I have other games within the coming weeks, so keep your eyes open.

I'm also still debating on making the videos with xvid. I am getting better quality, but that's another codec people need to download to play the videos.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 9:11 AM
The overall quality of the videos that you have posted so far is enough in my opinion; however, the xvid codec is popular, and most users already have installed it in their systems. Probably xvid is even more (or equally) popular than the VP60 currently used; therefore, if you think you can compress the videos better (same size/better quality, or same quality/smaller size) then why not using it...
On the other hand, if so far you didn't get complaints by people that can't see your AVIs, it could be wise not to change the coded: in Italy we say "No turnovers in a winning team"

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:19 AM
Default Strider and his...
Ha, Strider and his UBER SWORD!

Terrible NES port also.

Thanks for this! I loved this game!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 1:05 PM
file is no longer here :-( but why!!!
ughhh
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 1:09 AM
Hello all

Been a while. I keep burning myself out.

Re-uploaded rar for downloading.

Enjoy.

If this doesn't make you free, it doesn't mean you're tied. If this doesn't take you down, it doesn't mean you're high.
If this doesn't make you smile, you don't have to cry. If this isn't making sense, it doesn't make it lies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 1:42 AM
I NEED HELP!! I KNOW THIS IS A STUPID QUESTION BUT YOU NEED TO ANSWER IT.ok so i downloaded the file and it shows a couple of videos.and at the bottom there is a thing that you have to put in the downloads folder. so i did that and the hardest part is where do you put the videos???? plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i already read your intructions but it didnt work. HELP
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:40 AM
Awesome, thank you!