Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fallout 3 - Megaton House

by squeam Posted 14th Dec 2008 at 9:24 PM - Updated 20th May 2009 at 8:29 PM by squeam

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 12:02 AM
Thanks, I didn't even have to disarm an atomic bomb to get this.

So what's next a 'Tenpenny Tower' apartment building?

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 2:42 AM
Haha, yeah that would be fun, but I'd have to get it first and I'm still stretching out my first playthrough as long as possible. Then there would be the question, clean or zombified? :P
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 4:28 AM
LOL, brilliant, these are two games I would never in a million years have thought of combining
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 5:23 AM
I know right? I knew it was crazy specific, but thought there might be a few people out there who also played both.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 6:52 PM
I love both games, and I'm glad that someone has decided to combine them.:-D Great work!
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:16 AM
Same here! hey! Do you think its possible to get the Meshes from the GECK over to here? I would LOVE to have a t4x and T51b Power Armour as clothing!

This would be awesome! i know abit about GECK programming but clothing and meshes aint my strong point BUT would Love to hear from anybody with the same passion for Sims 2 and Fallout 3!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:21 AM
Zombie-UK, exporting meshes from Fallout 3 to Sims 2 would be a copyright violation. Bethesda, maker of Fallout 3, has been quite clear that doing something that would -very much- not be allowed. They don't even let you transfer things from one of their games to another, like Morrowind to Oblivion.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 8:15 PM
Zombie-UK, I'm not saying check out "Garden of Shadows" or anything, but yes I am.

That's all I'm saying, but if that's inappropriate I'll shut up now. And thanks for the info, HP. That was news to me, but not surprising.

Also, the file's up again, after the server taking that hit.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 10:58 AM
Fantastic lot ! well I would like to say so much about it, but at once I am speechless ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:37 PM
Most creative, great job, it really does look a lot like the Megaton house. Perhaps you might try tackling the Tenpenny Apartments?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 9:05 PM
Hey thanks for the interest. I'd love to, but the physics of that building are insane. Externally it has 13 floors with windows at every inch and internally it has 3 floors with no windows. It's going to look so wrong even if I do something in between. If anyone has any ideas of getting around that stuff, I'm all ears.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 12:49 PM
I'm a FO3 fan as well. Surprised there's not more Fallout-esque stuff. Especially after seeing PixelHate's beautiful Time Factors and other corroded metal type of stuff.

HystericalParoxysm, do you know if they'd get mad about textures? I know I've seen some stuff modded on the Nexus with Oblivion swords for FO3. Hope nobody gets in trouble for them. I really wanted to make a Six-String Samurai mod on my FO3 game, but the GECK is so tedious. The controls for selecting are so lousy. One of the reasons I switched to Sims 2. Though I do love the FallOut world. Wish Sims looked as good.

Once I get the hang of the SimPE I might get more into making some FallOut inspired. Btw, nice touch with the gnome. Hey, isn't it an outdoor only item? How did you place it? Check out my Hula Gnome I made for the Nexus.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2009 at 8:04 PM
Gillianivy, I just used the "moveobjects on" cheat. Nice Hula Gnome!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th May 2009 at 6:11 PM Last edited by melethana : 6th May 2009 at 9:41 PM.
this is so awesome! So sad that I do not have all the required EPs

EPs I have: All of them! OMG, Ultimate Collection!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th May 2009 at 10:29 PM
You've really managed to capture the fallout 3 feel for sims. Cool! - And thanks :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#17 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:00 AM
I like this very much! However, does the car in the first picture come from the Freetime expansion pack?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 2:42 AM
Thank you, slar. Yes it does. Freetime is required.
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:56 PM
I have never played Fall Out 3, but I love survival games. Been thru all of the Silent Hill and Resident Evil series! Anyway, your work looks great. Makes me wish we could have zombie hordes roaming the Sims2 just so I could fight them off.

OOPS! Just noticed this is going under 'reply', not comments! Sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:22 PM
Thanks Eve, there's a hack here that can make that happen if you want. I never tried it, but it's a reliable source.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th May 2010 at 9:04 PM
i think i love you.

"No silicon heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?"
- Kryten, Red Dwarf
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th May 2010 at 6:57 PM
You think? I can't wait forever for you to know, Ameh. :P
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th May 2010 at 8:40 PM
I have recently become quite obsessed with Fallout 3 and since I love Sims 2 I decided to see if anyone had made F3 stuff for the Sims and lo and behold, here it is! Your Megaton house is fabulous!

Do you know where I can find other F3 stuff for Sims 2. I did a search here, but not much came up. I was hoping someone might have made Fallout 3 characters into Sims 2 characters.

Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th May 2010 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by endlessdeep
obsessed with Fallout 3

I know the feeling.

Quote: Originally posted by endlessdeep
other F3 stuff for Sims 2

I don't know if there are any sims of the characters, I haven't seen any, but if you search at "Garden of Shadows," you should be most pleased.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 4:40 AM
Amazing lot!

Thank you.