Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 4:52 PM
How to disable a piece of the cres?
Hi
I have been looking for 2 days and I cannot find it........ but I know I read in a post (by Numenor) how to disable a part of a cres rather than deleting so if you find you needed it after all you can enable it again. Can anyone either
1) tell me
2) Point me to Numenors original post.

I tried checking all posts by Numenor, but that is like looking for one sentence in a novel

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 5:11 AM
Well you can remove it from the list in the parent, but the way to do that varies from file type to file type. Most of the time though, you shouldn't need to edit the cres to disable parts, just disable the part which is accessing it. What is it that you actually want to disable?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 10:55 AM
I wanted to make a 1 slot version of the activity table; in the GMDC and GMND there is just one bit called surfaces, so I cannot disable (remove) 1 piece like I would with a window, so I wanted to investigate the effect of disabling the slots.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 11:27 AM
What kind of slots are they? Are they sim usable, or just play usable? You'd be better removing them from the SLOT file and possibly from the OBJf, since just removing them from the cres will almost certainly cause a game crash.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 12:08 PM
The slots are routing and container slots, that is why I wanted to know how to disable rather than remove as I hoped that by leaving them in the cres until the last moment would make testing easier; of course, since the original is a 4 tile object I would have to remove stuff in the end, but just as an starting test I wanted to leave the original as intact as possible. Therefore, disable rather than remove. is this possible or am I just seeing this wrong?