Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Handwritten Simlish

by katyjane Posted 26th Dec 2008 at 7:21 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:25 PM by Nysha

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 7:33 PM
This is really neat, good job!

"To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 8:34 PM
Thanks!

Nightly
"...because as you know, Betty is the God of Arm Hair."
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 9:16 PM
I still have SiMale's Simlish font. But this is pretty good too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swordsmasterguy
I still have SiMale's Simlish font. But this is pretty good too.

I have it too, but the idea of this font is that you can have handwritten characters on blackboards etc.

My name is KatyJane... and I'm addicted to custom content.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 12:38 AM
Excellent work katyjane - I much prefer using Simlish on my recolours than English and having a handwritten Sim font is actually a real boon!! I will be using this heaps and ty so much for sharing with us!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 12:57 AM
It will be great to be able to have handwritten Simlish, since I use Simlish on all my recolors instead of real-world languages and sometimes the printed one is just not right. Thanks for taking the time to make and share this with us!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 3:05 AM
Thanks Katyjane. I managed to get SiMale's font before it disappeared so I figure I better get yours as well. You just never know. Besides, my sims don't speak, read or write English, anyway. Thanks again for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 3:36 AM
Dolarsign should technically b a simolean symbol, but great job!
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 4:02 AM
Same for a Mac ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 6:46 AM
I don't know how to install fonts on a mac. I assume it would be the same sort of drag and drop thing as this, i just don't know where the folder would be.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 1:18 PM
My fonts has been removed from MTS2 for a reason, and are from now on only available at www.insiminator.org

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic (Now only available at IS)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 4:28 PM
Real cool! I look forward to seeing some cool stuff from you with this set used.
Btw, anyone know why 'Z' is Aum?

There is no spoon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMale
My fonts has been removed from MTS2 for a reason, and are from now on only available at www.insiminator.org

Oh, ok. I hope this is ok.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 8:43 AM
Tips for installation of fonts on Windows

The Font folder is a special folder, often virtual. To access it in a way that cannot fail, open the Control Panel and open Fonts. The window which opens resemble a folder (but actually it is not, it is a special abstract interface).

From there, you can simply drag and drop the font file (.ttf) into the folder, or from the menu, select File, Install New Font.... Both ways are equivalent.

You may need to close and reopen applications in order for them to view the new font.

To test a font without actually installing it, unzip it anywhere (for example, on the desktop) and double-click the file. A test sample opens. As long as the sample window is open, Windows acts as if the font was actually installed and you can use it in any software as such. For instance, you could open Word and type a text using the font. The font will not be available anymore as soon as the sample window is close, so if you like it and wish to use it, you must install normally so it will be always available from any software afterward.

Installing a font on a Mac

I am not a Mac user, but was always told to drag and drop font files to the System folder for easy installation.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 6:22 PM
this is a nice addition to the other simlish fonts i already have. thanks a lot for doing it!
#17 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 6:42 PM
I agree with both ganguro and rodier1128.

It is nice to have this available, but it would be even nicer if they agreed on what symbols went with each character. Have you noticed how "Milk" is spelled on the Maxis milk-carton? You can *almost* read it. Still, this is something that I would have had trouble doing; and I appreciate the work you put into it.

Thank you.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 4:25 PM
Haha Ty, Il use this in my future projects and sorry for stealing your whiteboard idea

There is a gremlin inside of me.
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 8:33 PM
Wonderful! Thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:17 AM
Hey! That's great! I will use this font on some of my clothes... maybe a real T-Shirt written in Simlish will be great hehehe
Field Researcher
#21 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 9:44 AM
This is tight. Love it. Thank you so much.
Alchemist
#22 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 10:00 AM
How does that change the game???

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
#23 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 5:23 PM
Beata125, this is a system font; it does not change the game directly, but it can be used in the creation of objects for the game. It can also be used as a decorative font for general computer use.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 4:17 PM
Wow! Awesome work
Scholar
#25 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 11:08 PM
Default missing file
once again, you can all send emails no one can read to your friends and relatives
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS2_katyjane_853135_simlish_handwritten.rar (76.6 KB, 32 downloads)

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Page 1 of 2