Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

tabbs / Chaotic & @#%! - EYES / Geneticized & townie friendly

by Tabatha Posted 31st Dec 2008 at 7:31 PM - Updated 29th Mar 2009 at 5:07 AM by Tabatha : FIXED - Eye Dominent values to match those of EA-xis / Added: Defaults

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 7:47 PM
First download, first thanks and first post! YAY! Perfection!!!!!! Very annoying as I've been trying to find the perfect set for some time (only been doing custom content for about 3 weeks) and then 3 sets come along at once! Ah well, at least I got all three.Just one querie, how did you do the weird eye angles?

Tiff :)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 7:59 PM
Great work! I love them! They look quite different, But in a Natural way... Ok, That makes no sense! Great work!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xDJxTiffix
Just one querie, how did you do the weird eye angles?

I just made my sims play pool, and they will move they're eyes around I hope this helps
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 12:19 AM
Those eyes are very cute and the sclera is lovely, but the white/transparent blob at the bottom, that kind of bleeds into the eyes is a bit annoying.
But they are lovely, none the less.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 12:32 AM
Beautiful work! Your Sanctuary eyes are probably my all-time favorite eyes ever, I find myself using them over & over and these look just as pretty. I like how your eyes have just enough reflection & realism but with that kinda other-worldly quality too! Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to try these out in my game. Also, thanks for making it so easy to pick & choose!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 1:07 AM
Darn it, these look just too good to just pass by. They are beautiful, thank very much:D
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 4:52 AM
Beautiful eye colors! I'm looking forward to having the defaults, hope you post them. Thanks for sharing!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 8:12 AM
These are so beautiful I love them all, Thank you very much :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 9:29 AM
They look really nice! There's so much variety in colors, too. It's also great to see someone offering their content already geneticized and townified.

One thing, however, with your genetic values. Maxis's Brown and Dark Blue are set at 1, and their Gray, Green, and Light Blue are set at 2. The way you have it now, your blues will all be recessive compared to the default dominant colors, and your greens and grays are going to be hyper-recessive...recessive to ALL default colors.

(Maxis didn't use the values 3 or 4 for anything. If you would like to make a value that's between their recessive and dominant, you can use SimPE and make the genetic value 1.5. It'll work.)

If that amount of recessive values is what you intended, then that's fine, but you might want to mention it then to your downloaders so they don't get confused when the default eyes dominate over nearly all of your geneticized ones.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 12:48 PM
I have to say, I really like these. The shape/positioning of the iris is lovely. And the colors are so clear and distinct, even from a distance on the sim. I'm extremely picky about eyes, but these are getting downloaded. Thanks for sharing.

(Quinctia makes a very good point. I'll be re-valuing these with wardrobe wrangler myself. Still, you've done a wonderful job.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 8:48 PM Last edited by Tabatha : 1st Jan 2009 at 9:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Quinctia
They look really nice! There's so much variety in colors, too. It's also great to see someone offering their content already geneticized and townified.

One thing, however, with your genetic values. Maxis's Brown and Dark Blue are set at 1, and their Gray, Green, and Light Blue are set at 2. The way you have it now, your blues will all be recessive compared to the default dominant colors, and your greens and grays are going to be hyper-recessive...recessive to ALL default colors.

(Maxis didn't use the values 3 or 4 for anything. If you would like to make a value that's between their recessive and dominant, you can use SimPE and make the genetic value 1.5. It'll work.)

If that amount of recessive values is what you intended, then that's fine, but you might want to mention it then to your downloaders so they don't get confused when the default eyes dominate over nearly all of your geneticized ones.

Omg! Thank you so much I'll work on changing these values right away and then adding defaults. It's my first set of these types of downloads so I really wasn't sure - Thank you so much for letting me know :D

UPDATE: Have now Fixed those things & Added the Defaults for "Chaotic" eye set.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 9:36 PM
These are gorgeous! I especially love the Chaotic colors. Thank you so much!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched...but are felt in the heart. -Helen Keller
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 12:39 AM
omg! these are gorgeous! my downloads folder is already coughing and wheezing with the amount of eyes that I've downloaded, but these are too amazing to resist...thank you

What a lovely way to burn
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 12:48 AM
just one thing though, all the default colors are in one .package file? :/ reason I'm saying anything, is because I use different default files for each color, in this case, I wanted to use your gray for mine...

What a lovely way to burn
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 3:47 PM
Wowowo.
Finally some 'realistic' eyes for my sims!
^^
cheerss
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th May 2010 at 12:41 PM
Thank you so much for sharing these lovely eyes! A BIG thank you to organizing your file list and providing the specific list in the description too!! YOU ARE THE BEST, TABATHA!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 3:27 AM
Such beautiful and detailed eyes! Thanks a ton! <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 7:53 PM
They do look chaotic, well done and thanks!