Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chirashi (Restaraunt Meals at Home Series)

by Morague Posted 30th Dec 2008 at 2:35 AM - Updated 31st Dec 2008 at 9:22 PM by Morague

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 2:38 AM
This is wonderful, thank you so very much.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 2:54 AM
Awesome work! Thankyou!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 5:42 PM
Thank you! I was hoping someone (pretty much you) would do this one.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 8:57 PM
Thanks Morague! I have all of the other meals you unlocked so I'm glad you did this one too.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 9:22 PM
thanks. i don't have anyone else's food in my game but yours!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 10:32 PM
Will making this food fulfill the want "Learn how to make Chirashi"? By the way, I have all your Restaraunt Meals at Home stuff.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 9:47 AM
I am pretty sure it will, although I haven't been able to test that. I kept getting the want which motivated me to make this but since making it, of course, I haven't got the want :/ Am working on the others right now - no timeframe for completion, but they shouldn't take too long
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 11:20 PM
You are fabulous and I love your restaurant meals at home series. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 6:24 AM
Thank you for making and sharing this- I tested it out in game and noticed one
minor hiccup. When a Sim rolled a want to learn how to make this, the
roll over text read Learn to Make Mac & Cheese- the icon was fine and the
want was fulfilled by making Chirashi. Thanks again!

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Space Pony
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 6:11 PM
Mine still haven't turned up the want to make it yet :/ I'll see if I can find & fix this.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 11:16 PM
I cannot tell you if this gives Sims the Vacation Memento after eating it, however, I can tell you that I have received the want to “Learn How to Make Chirashi” and the want to “Eat Chirashi”…eating and cooking your version of the chow fulfills neither. Perhaps it is because the Sims are devouring the food with the aid of spoons instead of chopsticks? I have no idea.

Nonetheless, I still adore this creation. Great Job, Morague!
Are you planning on creating all of the vacation foods, or just certain ones?

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Space Pony
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 6:27 PM
Hello Mouse,

I'm working on getting the rest of the foods done - they take awhile because I have to create all of the prep & cooking steps, do the meshes, etc.

I will have a look at the Chirashi - they are supposed to be eating it with chopsticks not the spoon & they do in my game, so there must be something causing this to not work for you. I'll look at the cose for the want satisfy things as well.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 1:27 AM
Thanks for replying, Morague! I don’t know if this helps, but I do have Lord Darcy’s Cup O’ Ramen fix (chopstick version) in my game.

-----------------------
Space Pony
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:35 AM
Mouse,

I think it might be related to the Ramen fix - the BHAV definitely tells them to use the bowl/chopsticks when eating this. I'll grab the ramen fix & see if what it is doing.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 6:44 PM
Sounds good! Let me know how it goes.

-----------------------
Space Pony
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:11 AM
I don't see anything in the ramen fix that would affect this & there is nothing else in the Chirashi except the bowl/chopsticks instruction so i really don't know what would cause them to eat it with spoon. Definitely weird. I'll be updating this sometime later in the week to hopefully fix the mouse-over. As far as i can tell the Want Satisfy is done by GUID so it may not be possible to get it to recognize the Chirashi - although I am trying. I still haven't located the code for the vacation icon fullfillments.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 6:17 PM Last edited by danacnbrett : 11th Feb 2009 at 4:35 AM.
I love your restaurant foods at home mods. I noticed something odd about this one tonight though. I sent and adult sim to make mac and cheese by choosing the "make single plate" option. He didn't make mac and cheese. He made Chirashi. I looked again and noticed that there are two mac and cheese options on the "make single plate" menu.

It's not a big deal to me. I can live with it like this. Having the option for more foods is worth a few oddities. But, I just wanted to let you know about it.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 7:11 AM
Thank danacnbrett. I need to fix this - I think it is happening with the non-US versions & I overlooked something. I will post an update, just not sure how soon i can get to it.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:24 AM
Thanks Morague. Take your time. With the exception of the double mac and cheese in the "make single plate" menu this mod is working great. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 4:37 PM
LOVE this series you've made! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:37 PM
Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 4:32 AM
Looks delicious :)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 11:48 PM
An excellent addition to the Simmy menus! I'll have to test the Chirashi and see if it adds the Vacation Memento for eating it.
Seeing as this was last updated in 2008, the answer's probably "No," but...will you be making the rest of the Bon Voyage foods (ie. Flapjacks) as well as the "diner stand" foods (ie. Gyros) as well?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 7:46 AM
thank you
Page 1 of 2