Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 3:54 AM
Default TV Mesh crashes game due to removal of mesh parts from GMDC.
Hi,
I have been working on this new mesh LCD TV. During the creating of it I removed certain parts from the GMDC (Shadows & some unwanted mesh parts) and also removed the associated files from the SHPE, TXMT, TXTR & GMND resources... but now my mesh crashes the game. Could someone please look into it and see whether I left some files behind or removed too many files.

**I ran fix integrity as well... not that it made a difference.

oh yeah, I also messed with some properties for the glass subset but I'm pretty experienced in that so I'm fairly certain that didn't cause the issue. The mesh preview works fine within SimPE (Image here: http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/ShanOw0/tv.jpg)

Thanks,
Shane.

Edit/: Cloned from base-game with only base-game selected in file-tab.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LCD TV.rar (518.7 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:10 AM
When you add or delete entries in the GMND blocklist you also have to edit the Datalist Extension Reference by clicking on the ObjectGraphNode tab and making sure that the number of entries are the same. In your case you have 4 entries in the blocklist and 8 Datalist Extension References. Delete 5,6,7 and 8 in the ObjectGraphNode tab, commit, perform fix integrity and you should be able to watch your TV in game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:42 AM
Thankyou very much! It worked!

So let me get this right, the number of Datalist extensions has to correlate with the number of GMND entries in the resource list?
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:56 AM
You worded it better than I did. Yes