Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 1391 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 9:41 PM
help with glossy recolor
A little while ago I asked about recolring obejcts so that they can be matt or glossy. Numenor was kind enough to help me with that.
I wanted to make something glossy again, and I saved those directions, but I forgot what I did when I came to this part:

----Also, check the "stdMatEnvCubeMode" parameter: in order to have a matte look, it must be set to "none".------

My question is,
Do you have to change anything in "stdMatEnvCubeMode" parameter,
to have a glossy finish or do I leave it at none?
Babu
Advertisement
The ModFather
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 9:53 AM
The "EnvCube" section of the Material Defnition contains several parameters, that are all required for the object to appear glossy. Making an object appear matte is simple: just set the "stdMatEnvCubeMode" to none and the entire EnvCube section will be ignored.
But making an object glossy again requires properly setting all the other entries in the stdEnvCube section: it would be easier to copy the values from a Material Definition of another object that looks like you want.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 3:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numenor
The "EnvCube" section of the Material Defnition contains several parameters, that are all required for the object to appear glossy. Making an object appear matte is simple: just set the "stdMatEnvCubeMode" to none and the entire EnvCube section will be ignored.
But making an object glossy again requires properly setting all the other entries in the stdEnvCube section: it would be easier to copy the values from a Material Definition of another object that looks like you want.

okay, I'll do that. thanks a lot.
Babu

Section jump