Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Timo's Aging Hack *updated 2009/01/14*

by Timo1978 Posted 12th Jan 2009 at 1:46 AM - Updated 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:23 PM by Timo1978 : Added CS to compatibility list

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 3:36 AM Last edited by lizzylovebird : 12th Jan 2009 at 2:22 PM. Reason: Can't use the hack
Great!! I can't wait to try it!

Edit: Darn, looks like I can't use this hack because I have a stuff pack past Pets.
#3 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 3:40 AM
This is very interesting. I think I`ll pass on it, because I have another anti-aging hack and also make heavy use of the Green Goo of Life, but it is an interesting approach.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 4:48 AM
I'll guess that it won't work on pets, since you haven't that expantion, but thank you! No more "aging off" for me!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 7:31 AM
Thanks, can't wait to use this hack!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanpupz
I'll guess that it won't work on pets, since you haven't that expantion

The "NL" version of the hack works with expansions up to Glamour Life (included); it's also suitable for Deluxe, Double Deluxe and Holiday Edition.
The base-game version works with the base game only, without any expansion or stuff pack.

If you have PETS or any newer expansion/stuff pack (including Store Ed.), DON'T USE this hack.

Timo1978 will update the first post with these info as soon as he can.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 5:04 PM
If you look in sims manual it say press:
Ctrl + Shift + C then type in Aging off (must be that case)
Remember: I am just trying to save you computer memory :D
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 7:42 PM
I think this way it is perfect! Except for my taste the undying elders, I just like when Death comes with the hula-hula gilrs. But thanks!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 8:19 PM
Can't use it but it is a nice Hacky Moddy thingy!

Gimp? Photoshop? What the... What does that mean,, You know your a newbie when,,,
#10 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 9:15 PM
Thanks, Numenor; now I know that I will NOT be downloading this, as I have expansions it is incompatible with. However, I still think that it is an interesting approach. Good job, Timo.

The ModFather
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jamster2222
If you look in sims manual it say press:
Ctrl + Shift + C then type in Aging off (must be that case)
Remember: I am just trying to save you computer memory :D

This mod is different then the simple 'aging off' cheat, because:
1) This mod doesn't stop the sims from growing older day by day; it only blocks the automatic birthday. With the 'aging off', the age stops immediately, at the current age.
2) This mod is selective, because it doesn't affect babies. I even asked Timo to create a further exception for elders, so not to prevent death by age. I hope he will fulfil my request (if not, then I'll modify my own copy of the mod ).

As for saving computer memory, you don't have to worry: the mod is extremely "light"
Of course I fully understand that every mod may - or may not - meet some user's preferences, and therefore everyone has the right to freely decide whether to use it or not In any case, I'm fairly confident that Timo knows well the existance and the usage of the "aging off" cheat.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#12 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 2:37 AM
I think this mod is a very good idea, although I'd prefer that the elders can die normally (or have an option to have them die manually).

I'm not going to use it though, both because I don't meet the requirements and because it doesn't meet my tastes (I do like automatic aging). I do see something good with this mod, and it's the fact that it's targeted to players with less EPs. I find that most creators have the full equipment and often their (should say, our) creations are only usable by those with the full EP set. It's good to have mods made for those with smaller EP sets, which I believe are very numerous but often left behind.

I see this is your first mod, and yet you come up with something very original and refreshing. We sure need new creators like you. Welcome aboard and please continue the good work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 10:17 AM
I expected the request for adding an exception for elders. In fact, this is the way I'd prefer it too but right now I just have no idea how to do this elegantly. Simply disabling this hack for elders would age them too soon; Mortimer would die within just one week. (This was, in fact, what motivated me to write this hack.) Enabling the "Grow Up" menu for elders seems a bit crude, as that would constitute a rather cheap form of suicide.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 4:58 PM
LOL, you right! If you used the current no-death version for a while, I guess you have a lot of elders with a foot in their grave
Technically, adding an exception for the elders should be easy; there is already a check for babies in the line:
Expression (Stack Object's person data 0x003A (Person Age) == Const 0x0110:0x05 ("Baby" Value: 0x0001))
You should just add a similar check for elders:
Expression (Stack Object's person data 0x003A (Person Age) == Const 0x0110:0x04 ("Elder" Value: 0x0033))

But of course, such a modification would cause an excessive job for the Grim Reaper, in your game!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 9:41 PM Last edited by Timo1978 : 14th Jan 2009 at 9:56 PM. Reason: Added natural death versions
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
LOL, you right! If you used the current no-death version for a while, I guess you have a lot of elders with a foot in their grave
Which is why I pointed out in the readme that if you uninstall this hack "[...] you may experience instant deaths of elders after you restart the game."

Technically, adding an exception for the elders should be easy; [...]
Well yes, my problem is just that they'd die too soon. My original thought was that if you don't want your sims to die soon, you just shouldn't age them to elder... but in the case of Mortimer, you'd be pretty much out of luck. Which is why I'm trying to think of a better solution. Although that doesn't mean I won't add this exception if enough people care...

But of course, such a modification would cause an excessive job for the Grim Reaper, in your game!
Not actually. In fact I've only started playing this game very recently, it's just that I got so quickly frustrated with my sims aging too fast that I decided to fix this first. Now I've reset the neighborhood and started playing with the Broke family (haven't started with any other families yet), so nobody's at risk of becoming an elder anytime soon. (I want Brandi to get married before that, obviously.)

Edit: I just went ahead and added versions that include an exception for elders. I also fixed an error in the readme for the Nightlife version.
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 4:33 PM
i would download this, but i have everything apart from mansion and garden stuff :-(
Are you going to make one for pets and above or not? Its a good hack and i would definitely download :-)
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:52 AM
Query.. the only expansion I have is University.. this mean I can not use this hack correct?

** Uploading of my creations to other sites, copying them (altered or unaltered) and/or sharing them with others, is not permitted. ** Thank you.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 10:41 PM
@bunny889:
I am planning on updating this mod for any EP/SP as soon as I get it, but I can't do it sooner than that because I need the original BHAV code from the EP/SP in order to create this mod. Unfortunately, I can make no guarantees as to when you can expect this, but I will say that Pets is on the top of my wish list. (However, I will also need to get Unleashed for TS1 so I can make a comparison.)

@infonut:
This hack will work if you only have University; download the NL version of your choice of this hack. This will work with any EP/SP that came out before Pets. (I chose the name NL because that's where I took the BHAV code from.) Sorry for the confusion, I have slightly reworded my first post to hopefully make this clearer.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 12:27 AM
Aww I would really love this hack but I have every single expansion, passed Pets D:
seems awesome though!
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:12 PM
Great, i can't use this thing all because i have University Nightlife OFB - Pets Seasons and one stuff pack Celebration Stuff! and I really don't think that i'd very well BE INTERESTED ANYMORE IF I CAN'T USE IT!!

If I only loved Animals, wouldn't that make me a SimAnimal wanter? Yes, yes it would.My lawyer is a wolf. xD FRIEND [not seriously lol :P]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Timo1978 : 13th Sep 2009 at 9:39 PM. Reason: Awaiting feedback
Good news for those of you who own Pets: I recently got my own copy of Pets and will be uploading a Pets compatible version of this hack soon. Don't worry, as I can't actually play Pets myself before updating this hack this won't take long. Please note however that this hack will have no effect on the aging of your actual pets (unless someone finds a good reason and a good way to implement this), and I am unsure with which other EPs/SPs past Pets this will work.

Edit: Please bear with me as I await feedback on compatibility. I will not upload the Pets version here until I can state exactly with which other EPs/SPs it will work.
#22 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 7:02 PM
I probably *still* cannot use it, as *I* am now up to Freetime. I still like the unusual *way* you impliment anti-aging, though.

Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 5:32 AM Last edited by BreatheHorror : 12th Nov 2009 at 5:36 AM. Reason: Added more details.
Default I've found a minor confliction.
This hack does effect babies, but not in the way that you guys think it would. I've been using this hack and the InSiminator for a while now, and I've found no conflictions, excluding the fact that you cannot 'grow baby up' from the InSim's 'Temporal Adjustor' pie menu. With both of these installed, you are unable to skip the 'I'm just going to lay here and do nothing' (aka. infant) phase.

This 'confliction' (if it can be called that) doesn't crash the game or anything. It's actually harmless, for the most part. The sim who is trying to 'grow up' the baby (or 'help with birthday', either way) will freeze for a few seconds, and then the action will be aborted.

While this isn't a problem (not for me at least) it is something that I will keep a eye on while I am playing (as I don't play everyday).
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 4:54 PM
Will this hack work in The Sims Life Stories?
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 6:27 AM Last edited by achilla : 5th Jan 2010 at 9:46 AM. Reason: Update/Retard Moment
Is this still a problem for anyone? Cause, uh... Unless someone else has uploaded a hack that does the exact same things as this one, I distinctly remember using it with all EPs up through Apartment Life, long before my computer crashed (for entirely unrelated reasons, I assure you) and I lost everything on it, including my game. Actually, I just got my game working and was looking for this again; I and couldn't remember who had made it. Finally found it LOL.

If anyone's still interested/still needs this (and since I'm planning to try it out and see what happens anyway), I'd be happy to let yall know of the results. There haven't been comments since November, though, so it looks like everyone has worked things out for themselves. Still, I'll check back to the comments in the next week or two just in case.

Edit: To whom it may concern -- this hack DOES work with all EPs. I don't know about Stuff Packs because the only ones I have are Glamour Life and Family Fun, but I do have every actual *expansion* pack and it worked just fine not ten minutes ago. I'm sorry if anyone already tried/said this -- I'm a bad person and I didn't read every comment before posting.
Anyway, I checked for child, teen, and adult to see that they didn't grow up on their own, and I tried it with an infant -- bringing them to the cake does work just fine for every age group (as long as no one's afraid of parties, in which case the process may be traumatic...).
Page 1 of 2