Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 5:28 PM
Default make a object "siminvisible"
Hi ,all. I have an object that I cloned from an end table. I haven't quite got a grasp on bhavs, slots, functions and such, but I want to make the object invisble to sims as far as interaction is concerned but still visible on a lot.

Also, what determines if an object is visible in neighborhood view?
Advertisement
#2 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 6:22 PM
I can`t give you definitive answers to your questions, but I think that making an object visible in neighborhood view depends on something called "LOD90".

As for "invisible to sims", do you mean you want them to be able to walk through it, or that you want them to be unable to place things on it? Depending on what you want, it might be easier to clone a decorative object, instead. Basicly, the idea is enlightend lazyness: clone the object that needs the fewest changes, especially the fewest changes to things you don`t understand.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 6:47 PM
I want them to be able to walk through it and not consider it a surface to put something on or somthing they have to walk around. Is there already an object like this in decorations since this is where I want my object catalogued anyway?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 7:35 PM
Clone a rug and make your mesh on that.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 6:29 AM Last edited by cmomoney : 18th Jan 2009 at 5:27 PM. Reason: update
Thank you! It worked(of course) and once I stop kicking myself I'll look into the LOD90.

*update*

Short tutorial to make objects visible in neighborhood view:
http://nene.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=195136