Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pinegultcher "Recolorable" Modular Stairs

by tbudgett Posted 23rd Jan 2009 at 2:55 PM - Updated 11th Oct 2011 at 1:57 AM by tbudgett

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 3:44 PM
I've been waiting for someone to make these. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 3:45 PM
awesome ! thankyou for this

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 4:35 PM
thankyou these are great!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 6:00 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 23rd Jan 2009 at 7:42 PM.
Hey, I didn't even know I needed this .. until now. Nice idea! =)

Say, could you perhaps add the instructions for manual installation to your post? (copy the text into /scripts/modularstairs.txt) -- that would be good for people who don't have the scriptorium installed, especially mac users for whom it isn't an option. Thank you! =)

ETA: I fould a possible issue with this: the vertical bits of the railing seem to be slightly rotated/twisted (look at the top ends) -- since the ones on the fence are perfectly straight, it appears like that's not on purpose. Or is it? See screenshot -- can you see what I mean?
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 7:52 PM
Thanks, these are great!
Inventor
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 8:55 PM
Very cool - I could use these.
Instructor
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 11:44 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much for this. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:10 AM
thanks everyone your comments are very appreciated.

plasticbox - I see what you mean but think I'm missing the point (which, as I get older, I do more often )? The posts follow the slope of the rail, just like the maxis fence, they shouldn't be straight?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:41 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 24th Jan 2009 at 12:54 AM.
Let me see if I can get a better screenshot, or make you a sketch .. to me they look twisted, like "spirelli" pasta =) you know?

Below is the full screenshot I made before, scaled down -- I'm not talking about the top ends being at an angle, that looks perfectly reasonable -- but the entire post seems twisted. It almost looks like you accidentially moved one or two corners of the top end down and to the side. Could that be?

ETA, I drew some pink lines on the screenshot: if it were a rectangular piece of wood, those edges would have to be parallel -- but they aren't -- that's what I mean by twisted.

(Oh and thanks for the addition of the manual install instructions -- I'm on OSX, you see, and the scriptorium is Windows .. I know ho to install things manually, but only because that was the way it was done before the scriptorium existed; if nobody adds these instructions anymore, then new OSX users will be quite lost I believe.)
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 2:25 AM
Thanks plasticbox, the fix is up. Sorry , for any problems.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 3:40 AM
They look great now. Thanks for the quick fix -- glad it wasn't just my eyes!

Instructor
#13 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 8:02 AM
okay. awesome. bless you for making these. Now I have to redo every set of stairs I've ever used.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 10:21 AM
hooray! perfect for my old house-towers! thank you!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 4:53 PM
It looks beautiful, I've wanted something similar for so long!

I just have one problem, the recolours doesn't show up in my game? Only the brown one does.. Any idea what's wrong? :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Westlife4ever
It looks beautiful, I've wanted something similar for so long!

I just have one problem, the recolours doesn't show up in my game? Only the brown one does.. Any idea what's wrong? :/

I redownloaded the file and it works fine...If the recolors are in your downloads folder, it should work.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 6:47 PM
The recolours work fine -- if you look a couple of posts further up, I actually posted a screenshot with white stairs.

Recolouring stairs is a bit different than objects -- you need to build the stairs first, then click on each step to recolour it. The steps are actually separate objects, and the recolours are for the steps, not the stairs .. consequently, the catalogue thumbnail of the stairs only shows one colour (what's in the mesh), the rest you only see when attempting to recolour the individual steps.

Hope that helps.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#18 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:26 PM
Tbugett - very nice, thank you, I use the white pinegultcher fence a lot so these will come in handy

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 6:56 AM
The picture in the original post is a bit misleading with the recolour options, I think. It shows the thumbnails with all colours, which is not how it is in-game. It's too bad that you have to go through such a tedious process to recolour them, but they're beautiful
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 2:02 PM
BlueSoup, look at the picture again =) it shows the thumbnails of the *steps*, not the stairs. They look exactly like this in the game.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 1:33 AM
I have added instructions on how to apply the stair recolors - If your having trouble figuring it out check the original post

The ModFather
retired moderator
#22 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 10:25 PM
Oh! A wonderful addition to the Pinegultcher set! (In case someone didn't notice, I love it ). Thanks a million for sharing this, I know how annoying are the modular stairs to create, with all those meshes...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:33 AM
were do i fond the stairs it shows up in my custom content but i cant find i enabled and restarted the game it wont show answers people??
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:36 AM
hi
Quote: Originally posted by tbudgett
Thanks plasticbox, the fix is up. Sorry , for any problems.
im sorry to bother you but can you tell me were to find the stairs i enable them than i restart the game and i can find them
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:20 AM
indycent-If you follow all the installation instructions the stairs will be in Build Mode/Modular Stairs

Page 1 of 2