Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dream dorms

by ryokiishidachan Posted 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:37 PM - Updated 3rd Jul 2009 at 4:00 PM by ryokiishidachan : no missing file

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:51 PM
::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 8:27 PM
Very nice - thanks! I love that it comes on a small lot (my laptop hates large ones) ... :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 3:28 AM
This is a beautiful lot! I love how much thought you put into the furnishings and the overall look. So very comfortable for dorms! They certainly would have been my dream dorm!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 3:40 AM
Nicely done, thank you.

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 6:13 AM
Default Replies
@ Selzi
Thank you! I love taking small lots and filling up the space as much as I can, I can't stand just having a bunch of grass or trees to take up room.

@Marta
Thanks! This one didn't take as much time as some others have, mostly because I had less content to work with. The whole reason I built this dorm is because I'm really tired of communal showers and restrooms! I was thinking of making one for more than one room restroom accessible only through the rooms, but then most of the dorm neighbors don't lock their doors, and I personally hate when other sims come in to my room.

It's an interesting feeling to think that my work is being enjoyed by people I don't know. . . but it's really cool! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 9:03 AM
I really like this dorm. It has such a different feel to it and it is so unique! I wanted to ask you though, does the dorm cook come? Or do your sims living it in simply cook for themselves? Either way, this is really outstanding, thank you for sharing it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 11:38 PM
Default Dorm cook
Quote: Originally posted by Simsane
I really like this dorm. It has such a different feel to it and it is so unique! I wanted to ask you though, does the dorm cook come? Or do your sims living it in simply cook for themselves? Either way, this is really outstanding, thank you for sharing it.

The dorm cook actually does come! I was very surprised when I tested it out, but they are there!

Thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 8:03 PM
Very cool, thank you for the upload.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd May 2009 at 2:06 AM
cool as!!!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:17 PM
Are all the chairs accessible in the dinning room? I just want to double check so that my sims aren't throwing temper tantrums when trying to stuff their face then run off to their classes and hopefully not be late. They like to sleep in at the worst times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magicklovah
Are all the chairs accessible in the dinning room? I just want to double check so that my sims aren't throwing temper tantrums when trying to stuff their face then run off to their classes and hopefully not be late. They like to sleep in at the worst times.

Yep, they should be able to, mine are, the chairs go underneath the table more, and the sims kind of slink behind them. ;D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:42 AM
Wow, this dorm is amazing! I've been looking for a good, smaller dorm for my game for literally years, ever since University came out. All the good ones have like 124 rooms and my laptop has a little glitch seizure. I seriously peed when I saw this I loved it so much. And to be quite honest, can you build this in real life so I can build it when I go to college?
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM
Thank you soooooo much!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:19 PM
This will come in handy for my sextuplets lol. So nice because its not so big for my slow pc thanks.
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:47 AM
im getting university for my birthday and as soon as i get all download this.THANKS!!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:05 PM
ive been looking for pretty big dormroom thank you!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:15 PM
I think it's high time I found some custom dorms, and this one looks lovely.
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st May 2010 at 8:49 AM
I was looking for something similar to the university I am building now. Thanks for the effort in building this.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:21 PM
how do you build a dorm? it doesnt work on the game its just a community building or a home to buy. . can you help me out? because i would love to build!
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jessiexxatkins
how do you build a dorm? it doesnt work on the game its just a community building or a home to buy. . can you help me out? because i would love to build!

For creating your own dorms from scratch, you need to go add an empty lot to the neighborhood. Decorate the future dorm as you desire (remember to include counter islands, ShinyTyme Cooktop, sprinkler, dorm doors, and dishwasher/sink). Go to the cheat screen and type in "changelotzoning dorm". Your lot will now function as a dorm.

From ABOUT.COM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th May 2011 at 1:04 PM
I like it! THANKS ALOT!
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 4:03 AM
I liked the look but the upper floor where the dorm rooms are was extremely difficult to play. Too many things in the way. Even after minimizing the amount of tall items like the dressers and bookcases it was still hard to see things. Too much going on.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 3:00 AM
This is prefect for when Alexander Goth goes to college.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:50 AM
THANKS
Page 1 of 2