Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:16 AM
Default Question about walls.txt
Mods, I couldn't find a better place to post my question, so my apologies if I posted in the wrong section, please feel free to move this threat to a more appropriate forum as you see fit.

I'm using Numenor's modding info center post "THE "PARTITIONS": WALLS, FENCES, FENCE ARCHES" http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106473 as a guideline to modify the behavior of one of his custom walls.

I changed the blocking light behavior to "blocksLight false". This command did achieve the effect I want, when using the custom wall, the indoor lighting is the same as outdoor as if the walls didn't exist. However, the custom wall itself is significantly brighter than a normal wall. The difference apparent when a wallpaper is applied (see the picture).

My question is if this is supposed to be this way or I made some mistakes in the configurations, and the custom wall can in fact not block light and not turn into a bright wall itself. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

This is the full configuration that's I'm using for Numenor's invisible wall.

#invisible wall
wall 91
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom true
requiresFlatTop false
submersible true
verticalSpan floorToFloor
blocksLight false
blocksPlacement true
deleteTool partition
thumbnailResource 0 0x499db772 0xE9261340
thumbnailResource 1 0x499db772 0xe9261347
thumbnailResource 2 0x499db772 0xfeed5515
thumbnailResource 3 0x499db772 0xfeed5510
catalogTextIndices 0 1 2 3
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 12:22 AM
It looks like the "sun light" were in all "directions" but the shadows remained. Because of the "extra brightness" on white colors.

If it's what you want. I think it's supposed

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 2:52 PM
I don't think this is something that can be corrected. The brightness of the wall is not generated by an "additional brightness" contained in a Material Definition, but by the "lack of shadow" affecting the entire wall section. The outdoor shadows are hardcoded in the game and can't be modified.
the only workaround I can suggest is to use the same wall type for the entire wall (or at least from corner to corner, so to minimize the visual difference).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.