Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Who are you? Unique lip shapes, plus Layerable lipsticks for Lots of Looks

by AlfredAskew Posted 10th Feb 2009 at 4:50 AM

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 5:01 AM
These are really great! Thanks for making them
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LisaHoneychan
These are really great! Thanks for making them

Happy day! I know at least one person out there appreciates all my obsessive scribbling. Ha. Thanks for the thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 5:29 AM
I like 'em! Ive too noticed how hard it is to give your sims unique lips, the detail is overlooked often. Thank you.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 5:35 AM
I like the nude lip / liner / color / gloss system you've made. Although I have plenty for ladies, it's always nice to have more options for the guys, and I've been wanting layerable gloss. So thanks!

QUESTION: Do the glosses layer well with any lipstick? That is, do they have a soft edge that fades, so they don't have to perfectly match the lipstick / mouth shape, or do they have a sharp edge, so they do have to match the lipstick shape or it won't look right?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I like the nude lip / liner / color / gloss system you've made. Although I have plenty for ladies, it's always nice to have more options for the guys, and I've been wanting layerable gloss. So thanks!

QUESTION: Do the glosses layer well with any lipstick? That is, do they have a soft edge that fades, so they don't have to perfectly match the lipstick / mouth shape, or do they have a sharp edge, so they do have to match the lipstick shape or it won't look right?

Huzzah! You're welcome.

The glosses are just that, gloss. All highlights no edge, no color. They go over anything. :3
I forgot to post the maxis example of that. I have yet to find anything that looks bad with the gloss.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 8:33 AM
Aha! I recognise those Asian lips! It's Matsumoto Ken'ichi, aka L from Death Note!

I won't be downloading these because they won't suit my sims but I wanted to say you've done a good job on these. I know a lot of us like our sims to be individual and unique even if it's subtly. You've certainly hit the nail on what the sims 2 has truly been lacking. Well done
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inuyasha_babe
Aha! I recognise those Asian lips! It's Matsumoto Ken'ichi, aka L from Death Note!

I won't be downloading these because they won't suit my sims but I wanted to say you've done a good job on these. I know a lot of us like our sims to be individual and unique even if it's subtly. You've certainly hit the nail on what the sims 2 has truly been lacking. Well done

Ha! Wow. I didn't expect anyone to pick up on that so quick. You get a cookie for that one. :D
He's one of my favorite faces of the moment.

Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 9:26 AM
I love ur lips - I will use them in my game
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 11:17 AM
I'm so glad that you did this - not into too much shiny myself, and hate that I can't add all that detail to the shape of the lips, if I dont' use a specific type of lip colour. Thank you muchly!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 12:05 PM
Wow! These are amazing! Rest assured, not all of us like "the shiny". In fact, when making Sims, one of my most troubling problems (after deciding which clothes to put on them, of course! XD) is finding a lipstick that actually looks good on them, isn't that ugly Maxis shade of grey, but at the same time doesn't make my dudes look like drag queens and my girls look like street hookers. It's VERY hard, it seems.

Thanks again! I'll definitely be using these in my game!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 12:12 PM
this is one of those wow wow wow downloads. too good, love the idea of more lips for men (esp. asian) and layerable gloss much!! Thank you Please make more!

But I would love it more if they are more subtle (just a thought )

Ps. Where did you get the skin and eyes for that dark lady modelling your glosses?
Such a pretty skin!

My Chemical Ravenance*
Inventor
#13 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 1:24 PM
These are brilliant - I think I'm going to need to make some room for these.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 1:56 PM
These are really great, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the only thing going through my head right now is "You got a purty mouth, boy." Uh oh, banjos!

*off to download purty moufs*
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 2:07 PM
Heheee! These are great, great, great! I've been really looking for some like these. And voala!
Thank you so much! :D

"Now I am become Death"
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 2:30 PM
" We have lips because we're that awesome. " That is so true. These are magnificent, Alfred
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 2:51 PM
Those are really spectacular! Don't worry, you're not the only one who's not into the whole shiny thing. It looks great on some sims, but on others it looks horrible. These are great, thank you!

When a girl has become one with her pony, she feels ultimate togetherness and love. The pony, on the other hand, just wants her messy bran slop and to go back to her warm, comfy stall for the rest of her life. Things such as this are different as you would think it to be.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 3:41 PM
These are great! I love to layer my sims' makeup as much as I can for unique looks, so this is certainly going to get used a lot. Great job!
Inventor
#19 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 3:47 PM
These are totally wonderful. I love them. So unique and non-shiny.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 3:59 PM
Hmm... I think I'm T? Or K? I can't decide, but I'll certainly have fun playing with them in order to find out. This is a great download; like the layerable nosemasks, it's subtle, but really does add something unique to the Sims. I'm also super-happy that I can give some variety to my men - I already have some natural shades, but these are better. ^^

Your commentary cracked me up, too. Well done! I hope you get a shiny star-y thing.

Delfine Productions. We care about cute.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 6:10 PM
very, very beautiful work!
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 6:31 PM
FINALLY, than you soooooo much, I'm totally not into the glam glam stuff so I'm ever so happy something unique and wonderful like this got created :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nantp179
Please make more!
But I would love it more if they are more subtle (just a thought )

Ps. Where did you get the skin and eyes for that dark lady modelling your glosses?
Such a pretty skin!

I think I may very well end up doing so.
If need more subtlety you are free to go in by BodyShop and take the alpha down by... say 10% ought to do it.
I'm not sure how to make such drastic lip shapes more subtle. I work off life. Shrugs. But thanks for the feedback.

If you need really simple, generic lips check out AtomicSpaceKitty's Natural Lips Remix here: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=299907.
I suspect you could use those over the top of my base lips to tone them down as well. I'm not sure.
I don't use them because they look a bit... pasty to me, but they're darn well made.

Skin is by HystericalParadoxysm (Idolatry of the Flesh), and the eyes on her are by Shady. (see bottom of first post)
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 12:07 AM
Thanks very much my male sims need real lips. There are so many for the gals but so little for the men this needed to be addressed. You Rule!

I believe that dreams are sacred take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby.

Why so serious?
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 12:18 AM
I loved reading your commentary, you are hilarious. These lips look great, i look forward to using them. I am always looking for more stuff to make my sims more unique. I also am not a fan of shiny lipsticks, it seems we have a surplus of those though, so you must be right in saying that they are popular. I look forward to downloading anything else you happen to come up with. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2