Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Same energy gain for any bed

by Marhis Posted 4th Mar 2009 at 8:30 AM - Updated 12th May 2009 at 9:18 PM by Marhis : Chosen as personal pick

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 12:10 PM
Thanks for this =] Seems like a great mod. I'll grab it once I get home from school. Muchas gracias!
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 1:19 PM
Awesome! I don't want to sound ungrateful, but would it be possible to have a version where children are unaffected (they use the base energy value of the bed)? Sometimes I like to send them out fishing in the wee hours, and the like...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 2:11 PM
Brilliant! This is something that's been bugging me forever~now no more stupid children getting up at 1 am. Thanks!

Live, love, Laugh <3
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 2:21 PM
Thank you so much for this - I haven't been using energy mods for the exact reasons you state - brilliant work!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 4:36 PM
Ah excellent!! I always want to use a white bed, and all the best ones don't come in white or even in a nice light wood. The only one that does is the plain rubbishy energy one that costs about $200 haha. Thanks for this!! I think it should be featured, for being so damn useful xD

You've got everybody listening, you've got everybody putting on a show. You've got everybody acting crazy, I'm not gonna say you don't..
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 4:55 PM
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 8:48 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 4th Mar 2009 at 8:55 PM.
YAY!

I've been using Lord Darcy's, but I've gotten a lot more beds since it came out. This is awesome.

The second version btw gives kids the same rate as adults, right? As long as you don't mind "cheating" on comfort I don't have a problem with the comfort thing myself, since pretty much any bed will fill the comfort bar by the time fatique is filled regardless. And I also like to have my kids skill, work and do their hobbies in the middle of the night
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 9:01 PM
Thank you so much I was so tired of kids running around the house at 2 am in the morning u_u I also thought the energy gaining difference was annoying, too. So thanks again, this hack is awesome!
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 10:46 PM
Thanks so much! I would usually never use any beds but the most expensive because I wanted my sims to restore energy quickly! Now I'll use all the different types of beds :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:23 AM
Finally a solution to one of the more annoying problems for me in the game. Many blessings upon you.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 1:56 AM
Phenomenal! A million thank you's!
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 2:11 AM
Thank you so much for this. At last my kids will no longer wander the lot at night having a ball on the playground, then going back to bed just as the bus pulls up.
Nights will pass much more quickly. Thanks again.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 8:12 AM
Woot ! Wooot ! that's a GREAT and so useful mod ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The second version btw gives kids the same rate as adults, right?

Yes, exactly.

Quote: Originally posted by rorsdors
the only thing I’m wondering is will it conflict with Lord Darcy’s mod, should I take that out before I put this in.

Lord Darcy's mod is - so to speak - a default replacement for the bit of code that sets the energy gain rate in each bed; my mod, instead, bypasses that code and sets another indipendent value for the energy gain rate.
This means that is not exactly a conflict: keeping them both is useless, but it doesn't cause any harm.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:09 PM
What a great idea Marhis...thank you so much.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#17 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 7:24 PM
Very useful! One simple mod instead of a butt-load of mods. Makes sense and is much easier to use. Thank you for sharing.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:31 PM
this mod is sooo damn useful!!! it was always bugging me that children got up way too early in the night! thanks a lot!!!
Theorist
#19 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 3:41 AM
Hurrah I love this mod its so needed!!!, speaking on Lord Darcy's mods could you do like his higher hygiene mod but make it affect all showers including custom made ones?
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 8:22 PM
Thanks...love the Alt version...sounds nice and easy to use. And now my kids will finally be able to get their homework done with all the time they saved not sleeping as long. Funny how some wish for the opposite..haha!
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 5:49 PM
whats the difference with the standerd and the alternate version?
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 5:04 AM
Thank you very much! No more kids getting up at 3:00 a.m. then being tired when it's time for school. Genius!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 5:35 AM
This will be great for cheap custom beds, which I have
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 2:36 PM
This is a great idea, I've hoped someone would come up with something like this. Just one hitch, what about the beds that have ultra high energy ratings like Beck's ?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:53 PM
Hi Marhis,

I have a clarification question. I understand that adults gain 40/hour and children gain 28/hour. What is the maximum?

In short, what is the average sleep time of each?

It would look very realistic to me if it was about 9 hours for children and 7 hours for adults.
Page 1 of 4