Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2 Maxis Match Sets of New Sea Hair

by dustfinger Posted 8th Mar 2009 at 11:22 PM - Updated 11th Apr 2009 at 4:04 PM by dustfinger

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 12:07 AM
Yay, more bobs! It's such a simple but versatile cut. Maxis didn't make enough bobs to suit me, so this is a welcome addition. The men's hair is a bit too gravity defying for me, but that's just my taste, and no slight on your recolors. Thank you so much for binning, family linking, 1 grey'ing, and so on. All hair creators should do this.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 12:26 AM
Both of these sets look fab! Thanks so much for all your hard work recoloring, binning and all that awesome stuff!
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 12:28 AM
Really beautiful meshes and recolours you've made so beautiful too! Thank you! And this girls with glasses in a pic so pretty!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 12:42 AM
I have this mesh and your recolors are so much better than the originals. Thanks so much!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 10:20 AM
WOW ! I love the hair recolours you make they look so gorgeous in game ! Stunning work on this set too ! Thank you so much for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 3:23 PM
nice hair and colors, thanks! (It's a pity I can't thank the creator herself on her site...)

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 6:48 PM
I really appreciate you making so many hairs maxis match. I won't be getting these, but it's not because of your textures. Rather it's because Juice has a tendency to make hairs that go over 10,000 polys. The bob appears to be a little over 12,000. I hope you continue to make other hairs maxis match, thank you.
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 8:50 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 9th Mar 2009 at 11:28 PM.
Yikes, 12,000 polys?! Now I feel silly for not checking the poly count myself. Is this the same Juice that creates for PeggyZone? I knew I should have been suspicious when I saw that name. Love the textures, but have to agree with Nvenya about the mesh.

Now I'm curious if these meshes are properly animated. Does the hair bop around when the sim moves their head? If not, I don't blame dusty at all, just Juice.

edit: checked the bone weights, looks like the hair should be somewhat swingy when the sim moves

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 6:13 PM
the female hair moves well i think. i don´t know about the male hair, but moving short hair looks weird very often. i didn´t know the hairstyles have such high poly counts. (what happens then? loads the game very slowly etc.??) well, i guess it was written there... i´ll look to this in the future.

---Maxisdreams---LJ---
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 7:19 PM
Yay! I love Maxis match! This will be the first thing I download once downloads come back online. Thank you Dustfinger! :D

Bra problem är inte dåliga problem.
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 7:04 PM
Too bad the recolors fpr the male hair seem to got lost through the crash. Is there a chance to upload them again or download them somewhere else?
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 8:27 PM
how comes it doesint work it says 404 not found
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 4:11 PM
I love these recolours! Thank you!

ingeborgsk
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:48 PM
I loves the ladeez bob because it is so simple, short, and sweet ( much like meself). Thank you so so much!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 12:17 PM
Beautiful. That is A LOT of poly count though :-(

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
~Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:18 PM
I like it, thanks

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:05 PM
Thanks this is Great =D
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 4:36 PM
I can't find the mesh, everything is in chinese...but i like the female hair !
Forum Resident
#20 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 1:46 AM
The mesh is gone. Dx

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 4:57 PM
I know, but it´s not allowed to upload them here. Maybe newsea will upload the old meshes again, or someone else will do somewhere. When I find a download link, I´ll tell.

---Maxisdreams---LJ---
Forum Resident
#22 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 10:14 PM
thanks dustfinger, I love that bob

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 8:35 PM Last edited by Litterboxsenpai : 28th Jan 2010 at 4:15 AM.
Ok nevermind I'm sorry for some weird reason even though I downloaded the re upload from Newsea's new site the hair still doesn't work...
Forum Resident
#24 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dustfinger
I know, but it´s not allowed to upload them here. Maybe newsea will upload the old meshes again, or someone else will do somewhere. When I find a download link, I´ll tell.

I think its up at Sims Cave now.
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 12:50 AM
I found both hairstyles here and they include the mesh:

http://simlish.dreamwidth.org/92014.html
http://simlish.dreamwidth.org/10058.html

:-)
Page 1 of 2