Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Stairs, Fence, Gate & Column Add- Ons

by HugeLunatic Posted 15th Mar 2009 at 4:12 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2013 at 12:51 PM by HugeLunatic

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 4:30 PM
These are very nice and needed. Matching wood floors and more stairs recolors to match the rest of your fences would make this great for a deck!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 4:48 PM
Callistra, all of these have matching stair recolours (mostly by me -- see the post HL linked to) and floors already! They're all made to match Maxis floors, so you already have those.

Awesome set, HL. Thanks so much for making this!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 5:04 PM
Hehe I feel silly.. Cool :D
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 6:57 PM
Thank you! Especially for the gates! <3
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 9:46 PM
This is a fantastic set. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 5:21 PM
These are great, it's weird I was literally thinking yesterday whilst building that I need something like this!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 7:13 AM
Matching items is something Maxis only does with butt-ugly stuff that makes my face go *urrrrrg!*

Thank you so much for this set HL I'm lovin'n'n'n it!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 10:51 AM Last edited by Simsane : 17th Mar 2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Aking a ?
These are great! I'm always annoyed when I'm trying to build and nothing matches! I agree with Loverat's sentiments very much and am so grateful you made these.

I just thought of something -- do we need a txt file to put into Numenor's Scriptorium for these to show up correctly? I know that one of the Scriptorium folders has something to do with fences, but I've never been exactly sure what we do with it, lol!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 6:03 PM
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 4:48 PM
Love it, love it, love it! Thank you for making and sharing!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Instructor
#13 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 2:32 AM
This is wonderful. Thank you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 12:01 AM
How do I get the stair re-color to show up in-game??
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 12:23 AM
You need to have Numenor's Modular stairs that override the base ones, as linked in the thread. These won't appear as custom, place as usual for stairs, then use the recolor tool to recolor the stairs.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 3:36 AM
These are fanatic. More color choices were much needed. thanks for sharing.

Curiousity was framed, ignorance killed the cat.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 5:33 PM
Oh, awesomeness -- these fences work in the base game! How very cool =)

They do have posts everywhere though – in the base game –, I believe "smart" fences (that only have posts on corners) are really only possible in Uni and later.

How did you do that? There is only one other fence I know that works in the base game (a white pinegultcher one by Nengi65), and I've always been wondering what the difference is.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 5:53 PM
Well I couldn't test for sure in a base game since I don't have one setup, but very glad to hear they do. A curiosity is if you use this in a base game environment lot, then package and use in one that has the "smart" fences, will it show up without all the posts?

As to base game, there is a tutorial over at simpe. But I found a little tidbit somewhere here by Numenor (who else? lol) about a button in, I think Resource View. It says fix fence. It changes something within the package, can't remember exactly what, but something along the lines of the GUID I think. At one time it was thought it would create issues, but it now sounds as if Numenor thinks it won't. It is probably buried in one of his fence discussions in the modding infocenter, I spent alot of time in there trying to attempt recolorability(didn't work) and repository(worked).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th May 2009 at 11:48 PM
There's something I don't understand : the columns appear in the game, but are centered in one tile instead of sitting on a corner of a tile. How is it like this in my game ? Another stuff : how can I do to have the white stairs show up in my game ? I have installed the Numenor stairs and yours, and they are in the Downloads folder, but it still doesn't appear... Thank you very much for you set, and for your answer, please.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th May 2009 at 12:41 AM
So the ones you are selecting, do they have the * in the corner of the thumbnail? And do you have another custom set that sits in the center tile?

To get the white recolors you need to place the brown stairs where you would like, then use the recolor tool to recolor each individual step.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd May 2009 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
So the ones you are selecting, do they have the * in the corner of the thumbnail? And do you have another custom set that sits in the center tile?

To get the white recolors you need to place the brown stairs where you would like, then use the recolor tool to recolor each individual step.

Now it works, my columns sit on the corner of a tile ; I think there must have been a bug.

And thank you for the tip (recolor tool), I didn't think about it ! :-)
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:32 PM
I've been playing Sims 2 again since my year long go with Sims 3. I forgot how much I need CC in Sims 2. So, I am glad I found this! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:58 PM
Thanks, This is a really nice fence set!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 3:49 AM
Grata por Postar seu Trabalho.
Page 1 of 2