Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 2:43 PM
Default Modular Stairs in Apartments
Hi Everyone,

I'd appreciate any help or feedback with this concern I'm having. I know I'm doing something wrong.

How do you use modular stairs in apartments? I've tried using custom and maxis originals. I've tried using staging for the bottom landing and not. The only stairs that I can get to function in my apartments are staircases. Anytime I use any sort of modular stairs the upstairs level is viewed as common area and does not reflect in the pricing or usable space.

Tips, suggestions, and advice are warmly welcomed. (Even if it's something so simply that'll make me facepalm)

Thanks!

She works in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was her true medium; a master.

My role playing community: Legends of Ophiuchus
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 10:18 AM
This is probably a bug in how the game detects linkage: It can't follow the linkage of modular stairs, so it sees a fully-enclosed area that is not connected to any apartment unit, and treats it as commonspace. To fix this, connect it by some means the game can recognize, like a non-modular stair.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:19 AM
Can a fence-gate, doors or arches on fences on the upper region (the stair will be outside of the fened region) or the lower region (the stair will be included in the fenced region) wotk out ?
Site Helper
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:40 PM
I don't think so. I believe that the game just refuses to recognize the apartment boundaries when you use modular stairs inside of an apartment; they can only be used in the common areas.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies