Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 1:58 PM
Help, packages won't show up :(
I have created some walls and floors with HCP. But after I put the packages file to the downloads folder, and start the game, it wont show up. so, why? can somebody please help me?

P.S. I've changed the file names (with .package on the back)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 2:05 PM
Err, the files will already be -in- the Downloads folder when created, so I'm guessing you're moving them somewhere they don't need to be. You shouldn't have to move anything.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Err, the files will already be -in- the Downloads folder when created, so I'm guessing you're moving them somewhere they don't need to be. You shouldn't have to move anything.

Yeah I know it's automatically on the download folder. But I didn't move anything. Is renaming the file cause it? Thanks for replying
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 2:22 PM
Assuming you didn't put any strange characters in the filename, and it is unique, there shouldn't be a problem with renaming. It was the 'wall-gobbledygook.pkg' file that you renamed, right?

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 2:21 PM
Well, you said you put the packages in the Downloads folder so that sort of implies that you moved it...

Renaming, as long as you do it properly and don't give it a massively long filename, usually isn't a problem. If it's named something like "GreenStripedWall.package" or whatever, that should work fine. Maybe you messed up in renaming it. Can you show us a screenshot of the files in your Downloads folder, with file extensions on and the full filenames showing (details view is good for that)?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 2:29 PM
Ok, here's the screenshot:

Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 12:32 PM
Uh, nevermind guys. Last night after I restart my comp, it worked just fine :D. Sorry for the trouble