Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Separated H&M Shirts for the Men

by dustfinger Posted 15th Apr 2009 at 8:54 PM

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:04 PM
Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the shirts.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:05 PM
AND THEN I MAULED YOU TO DEATH WITH LOVE.

You have no idea how long I've looked for a rolled sleeve, button up for men!
Expect recolors.
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:24 PM
Thanks for these. Been meaning to do them at some point, now I don't have to. I'll check them out in my game! You are so right about male sims being overlooked and underserved in the clothes department.

Did you say in the main thread that the UV map of the shirt overlaps some bottoms? That would only matter with one group shirt meshes. If you make shirts that are two groups, joined at chest level, and the lower group is not named top, then it doesn't matter if the shirt UV overlaps bottoms, you'll only see shirt texture on the shirt.

Did you have to alter the bone weights at all near the hips and butt? Mens pants and body meshes tend to be much more uniform in shape and bone weights than women's pants, so I'm guessing the bone weights probably didn't need much of a change?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 10:44 PM
Oh thank you so much for this, I love the untucked look, but didn't really like the very fitted/skin tight shirts floating around.

Again, Thank you!
Zombie Socks
#6 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:47 PM
*squee of love*
These are so perfect! You have no idea how much I love you right now! They're perfect!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 12:01 AM
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I LOVE these. The Luca shirt's outfit was one of my favourite H&M outfits, and while I didn't mind the pants it came with, it's always good to have options. And the Madras shirt I absolutely adore, and actually own a shirt or two like it, but I never used it because I HATED the pants it came with, those god-awful rolled-up capri thingers. Now I can use the shirt with.. normal pants! :D
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 1:05 AM
Oh my god, THIS WAS SO NECESSARY.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 1:20 AM
SQUEE! These were much needed. Now my guys can have shirts other than t-shirts!
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:20 AM
Thank you! This is great. I love separates! The Luca shirt, especially, is so sexy, but they're all very useful and now, I can choose the pants!

Just as an aside: I love the blonde shaggy haircut for guys (it's also on your banner) but I can't find it. I searched all of the creators you listed, to no avail. Can you tell me who made it? I'd love to have it for my own sims.

For stories inspired by sims, visit Wayward Ink today!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 3:53 AM
HELL YES! I'm going to overuse these. Thanks!
Inventor
#12 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 5:06 AM
Thank You!! These are seriously needed!
Instructor
#13 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:08 AM
Great idea! Thank you so much. =)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:38 AM
Thank you so much for this great and so useful idea ! I love them all
Inventor
#15 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 8:50 AM
Thanks for these. My guys didn't have any seperate shirts (except maxis ones). I especially love the one with the tie, I'm glad you seperated it (even though I love the original outfit) as I wanted it paired with none rolled up jeans. Thanks again :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 11:45 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments

@surprised by witches: It´s a recolour by myself on a mesh by HIM666. I tried to upload times ago, but it was rejected because it´s a conversion of a peggy pay mesh i think. But the male version is free. I thought of upload this hair at maxisdreams, look out there

@Cat: I´ve done two mesh gropus. The UV map of the collar (??) or the tie does overlap with shoe textures etc. sometimes, but only with some pants. They work completely with maxis pants (only the tie shirt looks strange with one kind of NL jeans). This two top-group-thing was such a great tip, thanks
I´ve changed the bone weights as well as possible.

---Maxisdreams---LJ---
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 1:38 PM
Wow! High five! These are actually awesome. Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:28 PM
These are fantastic Thanks so much! I adore these shirts, but it will be nice to be able to pair them with some of my untucked trousers and such. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:39 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! This is great!!!!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:51 PM
MUCH LOVE! Especially for the Luca shirts
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 3:26 PM
You can never have enough shirts, we got some nice pants with various eps, but never anything good to use with them, this is perfect!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 4:08 AM
most excellent, just what my sim men needed
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:30 AM
This is exactly what i need! I love his shirts and now i can choose different bottoms to give my men a new look. Thanks so much for your idea and work! *hugs*

Hugs Piggi ^(°oo°)^

>> Piggi's Sims <<
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dustfinger
Thank you all for the nice comments

@surprised by witches: It´s a recolour by myself on a mesh by HIM666. I tried to upload times ago, but it was rejected because it´s a conversion of a peggy pay mesh i think. But the male version is free. I thought of upload this hair at maxisdreams, look out there

@Cat: I´ve done two mesh gropus. The UV map of the collar (??) or the tie does overlap with shoe textures etc. sometimes, but only with some pants. They work completely with maxis pants (only the tie shirt looks strange with one kind of NL jeans). This two top-group-thing was such a great tip, thanks
I´ve changed the bone weights as well as possible.

Thank you! That was sweet! I'm going to look right now.

For stories inspired by sims, visit Wayward Ink today!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 11:15 PM
Genius!!!
Page 1 of 2