Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Art Nouveau Stairs - Now in many choices! Match any decor!

by GiveTheNineARide Posted 3rd May 2009 at 6:39 PM - Updated 23rd May 2009 at 10:12 PM by GiveTheNineARide : Recolours work with open underneath Art Nouveau Modular Stairs

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd May 2009 at 7:03 PM
well-done!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th May 2009 at 11:16 PM
When I installed these, they only show up as black with silver metal. Even if I delete a few, they are all the same recolors. Is there a script file missing?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2009 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cynarra
When I installed these, they only show up as black with silver metal. Even if I delete a few, they are all the same recolors. Is there a script file missing?

Do you have CEP installed? You need it to see recolours in your game.
You can get it here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=92541

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th May 2009 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GiveTheNineARide
Do you have CEP installed? You need it to see recolours in your game.

I have the same problem, and I do have CEP installed. >_<
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:53 AM
No script files are needed for the original recolorable modular stairs - only the open underneath ones require a script. CEP is not an issue in this case, as modular stairs are not part of the CEP.

Cynarra are the recolors themselves (once applied) black? Or is it the thumbnails? They all show up fine in my game, I've tried on my Mac(BV) and on my PC(AL).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:14 AM
I am looking into the problems that Cynarra and Buusku have reported. This is my first of 4 recolours so I don't know that much on the subject yet. If anyone else is having similar problems (or knows a possible solution) could you please post here with as much info as possible. If you are having this problem what EPs and SPs do you have and maybe what video card you have. If the problem can be solved I will do whatever needed to fix the files and re-upload them here. Even if these are the only 2 Simmers that have a problem I will do the recolours over with the fix so everyone can enjoy them.

There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
I have the newest version of the CEP installed. All the thumnails and recolors show as black with silver railing. I even installed only the white set of recolors and the same thing.

I have all expansions and stuff packs through M&G. I have the open underneath stairs with script installed. Should I try removing those and trying without?

Video card is nVidia FX5200, and I have corrected the video card settings for each expansion so the game will show textures properly.

The only thing I can think of would be to remove the open underneath stairs and try again.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:13 PM
I know it's a while since anyone has commented, but I wanted to say that I am having exactly the same problem - all these recolours just show up as black and silver.

I have all EPs/SPs, and both the original and open-underneath Art Nouveau stairs by HugeLunatic, plus the most up-to-date version of CEP.

Perhaps it is some sort of clash with the Mansion and Gardens SP?

However, the four recolours you posted separately do work OK.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bagfran
I know it's a while since anyone has commented, but I wanted to say that I am having exactly the same problem - all these recolours just show up as black and silver.

I have all EPs/SPs, and both the original and open-underneath Art Nouveau stairs by HugeLunatic, plus the most up-to-date version of CEP.

Perhaps it is some sort of clash with the Mansion and Gardens SP?

However, the four recolours you posted separately do work OK.

I really wish I could help with this problem! These stairs are the very first thing I recolored. They work fine in my game, which makes it all the more difficult to fix. I also have all the SPs and EPs so I don't think it's a compatibility problem with anything like that. I'm truely sorry that everyone cannot enjoy them.

Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 8:29 AM
Default Conflict With A Diffrent Mod...Must Remove For Stairs to Work....
I could NOT get this to work...after FOREVER trying to figure out what other mod was clashing with it. I finally removed the right mod...it was the...Maxis Modular Stairs Passage; It makes it so you can walk underneath the stairs and also place and use items underneath the stairs, Once I deleted it the Art Nouveau Stairs worked for me Hopefully this helps some of you that are having issues like I was. Thanks for these stairs they are GREAT and help A LOT!

Here is a link to that mod:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303905
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 10:33 AM
Thanks for the heads-up DorkiDorri, I'm sure that info will be helpful to many.

Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 10:44 AM
Not a problemo, it was DRIVING ME NUTS! These stairs are amazing and they make my house look soooooo much better I am so glad I can actually use them now! Happy simming! Keep up the great work!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:23 PM
They're sooooooo lovely, thanks.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 12:36 AM
Just so "Great" Thanks so much for sharing.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 10:24 AM
Well I have the same problem that most of you have. I took out everything from my dl folder exept this and it still does not work. Hav all the EP's up to AL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roxmaniac
Well I have the same problem that most of you have. I took out everything from my dl folder exept this and it still does not work. Hav all the EP's up to AL

It's pretty much known that for some unknown reason these don't work for everyone.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 4:06 AM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 11:36 PM
Same problem with only having black stair/fence recolours show up with these recolours. I don't have the Maxis modular stair passage mod installed yet either. So something else is causing the clash with me. Again, have all EPs and SPs up to M & G. It's a shame no-one managed to work it out as they did used to work when I just had up to Seasons... The VIP recolours work fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 5:17 AM
Muito grata e feliz com seu trabalho. Parabens.