Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 2:53 PM
Default What is the most annoying autonomous action(s)?
What autonomous action or actions drive you crazy and you find that you are always canceling them, and why? I have a lot that I hate, but my game is very temperamental so for the most part I do not use hacks to stop them

I hate the instrument playing, it always gets in the way of what I am trying to have them do.

I hate the cheering, luckily JM Pescado has fixed that.

I hate the cook a meal becase they always do it for just themselves and not the rest of that house. And I hate when I don't cancel it in time and they've already made it to the fridge so I have to clean the cooking supplies up.

I hate the come see baby. Usually I have them doing other things and I hate that that stops what they are doing every time.

What about you?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:03 PM
I can't stand What's This. D: And yeah, the way they only cook for themselves is irritating too.
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:04 PM
The making beds thing. Honestly, it drives me berserk. No I don;t need you t make your bed 1000 times, you have WORK and the maid is coming in an hour -.-

And the cheering after getting home from school too. So annoying.

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
#4 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:15 PM
These 3 things bugged me when I had it installed:
Autonomonous cooking, autonomonous pillow fighting, and autonomonous "Whats This?"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metatwaddle
I can't stand What's This. D: And yeah, the way they only cook for themselves is irritating too.

Oh I forgot about that. I hate the What's this! I cancel it immediately.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:23 PM
"Oh look Rain/Snow/Hail"

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
#7 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:24 PM
The fact that they look out the window and are like OMG RAIN! about 10 times a minute. I know there's a hack to sort that out somewhere but I keep forgetting to download it.

And when they want to feed and hold the baby every 10 seconds.

The cheering I hate too. In fact there's a lot about my sims that bug me lol.
#8 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:32 PM
-Autonomous pillow fight/kicky bag, *especially* if the Sim has, like, one nice and one playful point.

-Autonomous hugging after just meeting a Sim. Now there's a good way to start autonomous poking/insulting!

-It's raining/snowing! Mostly because you can't cancel it from the queue.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:11 PM
-Autonomous poking hitting and fighting If I want my sims to fight I will tell them to

-Autonomous beach activities I love beach lots but when they want to watch the waves search for shells and make sandcastles It rives me nuts!

-Crying just becuse if something bad happens my sims seem to cry non-stop *rolls eyes* every once and awhile it whould be fine.

-Autonomous Tai chi >< another bon voyage annoyance.

Most of the other things mentioned here I have hacks to fix it XD otherwise my sims would drive me even more insane.
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:14 PM
"It's Snowing!!!" to the point where it's cued up 5 times when they wake up in the morning.

Bed Making -- I have a lot of Virgos (notorious neat freaks) and I can't cancel the action... (need the abort bed-making hack)

I just downloaded the NoWhatsThis hack and I don't know how I played so long without it. Seriously... EVERYTIME I buy something new for the home you have to go check it out?

My sims got their house broken into ... a family of 6... they were furious FOR FREAKIN EVER!!! Even the baby...
Alchemist
#11 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:15 PM
What's This - nuked by a hack in my game

Weather reactions (it's snowing!!! blah blah) - Also nuked

Sim OCD, aka not being able to cancel the Make Bed interraction - fixed by a lovely hack as well

Crying because of bugs - I mean wtf? How lame can you be, as a grown man/woman bawling because you saw some roaches. Clean instead!

Strangers wanting to hug eachother - when it's *obvious* they'll get rejected.

Not leaving the poor babies/toddlers alone in their cribs for one second - I love the No Baby Harrassment hack!

People coming into my house and hogging the instruments for hours and hours until they're ready to drop dead or I have to make someone get rid of them >.<

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:30 PM
The only things that annoy me is the welcome committee and any other sim that comes and forgets to leave. They hog the toilets, the fridge, the couches, the TV, the game consoles, the musical instruments. Nobody does that in real life. And the fact that they cook only for themselves, terribly selfish of them, especially when one is a top cook and the other one burns the food everytime. Oh, and the fact that shoppers, instead of browsing and buying the merchandise prefer to hang out, do ballon and pillow fights, or play catch.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:30 PM
The thing that bugs me the most, is when they start cooking something, and get distracted in the middle and wander off. No wandering off while cookin! No, stop, you do not need to mop puddles on the second floor while your spaghetti burns!

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Instructor
#14 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:38 PM
I actually love the weather reactions. because the face is cute XD
However, I hate the what's this!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:54 PM
LMAO!! I'm so glad I'm no the only one irritated by the STUPIDITY of my little simmies!! Also I hate when the "welcome wagon" comes (I like that activity) and the idiot sim greets them then grabs the newspaper and ignores them. Meanwhile they turn into the guests from hell and take over the house.

I hate visitors (usually brought home from work or school) that you can't get to leave! Simmie says goodbye or leave and they just walk into another room and hog the food or start playing some *^&)_( instrument. Simmie goes to bed and the visitor is still there in the morning playing the piano.

I also hate when these ((&*$ sims have so many "pet" wants and then they ignore the pet. I line up four or five pet interactions for them, they stare at the pet and walk away cancelling all the actions.

I hate when they lollygag in the morning when I'm trying to get them ready for work. Instead of going to the toilet and taking their shower as I set up, they ignore all commands in the queue and play piano or chat until it's really too late for them to get maxed out for work/school.

Oh, I could go on and on....
Forum Resident
#16 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 4:57 PM
"Whats This?" Is deffinitely the most annoying.
Followed by the stupid BV greetings. Once they've learn how to 'hang loose' its all sims ever do!
The weather reactions can get very annoying, along with sims urges to turn off the computer non-stop and performing on instruments when nobody else is even there. I wouldn't mind if they were just practising, but with the perform you have to cancel it, then wait hours for them to pick up the tip jar... It annoys me.
Alchemist
#17 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metatwaddle

OMG I have a Servo for my babies and that thing is cooking all the time. Drives me nuts. I'm constantly putting away leftovers. although in his defense he does make full meals. lol
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:17 PM
All baby related things. They all want to feed the baby, but no one ever autonomously changes the babies diaper. And they all want to lecture the baby when it poops itself. Performing with instruments is annoying, too.
#19 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:17 PM
PILLOW FIGHTING. My sims seem to do it all the time, if I leave them alone for 2 seconds...
transmogrified
retired moderator
#20 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by normawilahmina
And they all want to lecture the baby when it poops itself.

That's my #1 loathed piece of code. Who scolds a baby for THAT? It also drives me crazy that parents will put a baby on the floor to perform the "ooh, snow/argh! rain" action.
#21 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:33 PM
Thats why i leave it on free will off. i cant download any hacks because im afraid it will screw up my game. Anyway, i hate when my sims go to a resturant or a nightclub and instead of seeing other sims eating or chatting they are having pillowfights , waterballoon fights, and dancing (inthe resturant). the creators of this game shouldve made it that they act like normal people. pillow fights should only be in the house.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:35 PM
"Watch out!" every time they leave the car to do an action I told them to do, which then gets cancelled again .__.

Also, kids running to and hugging parents that get home from work.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:35 PM
My sims are addicted to SSX! I hate it!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:50 PM
I hate autonomous smustle. The kids come home, one gets off the bus and starts smustling so that everyone is stuck on the damn bus! It's a pain in the ass!

I also hate, of course, the "oooh, rain/snow", "watch out!", kids hugging their parents when they get home from work, and water balloon fights (only for kids, though, because when they get cold I get the "OMG SOSHUL WURKER!! U BAD PARENT!!").

My Sims will also autonomously bathe toddlers... when their hygiene bar is (almost) full.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 6:38 PM
Either the bed-making, as it can't be canceled or the (non-romance) sims flirting with someone other than their spouses.
Page 1 of 18