Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 10:30 PM
I play the Sims 2 because I love the creative element of it.
I get to buy my dream home and fill it up full of useless decor that I would never buy in real life. Then, I can go to the near community lot and buy thousands and thousands of dollars worth of amazing clothing.
I also like being able to completely map out how someone's life is going to go and then taking pictures along the ride for Sim Stories.
It's all quite addicting.
Advertisement
#27 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 7:22 AM
For me its a great way to act out stories and scenarios I think of. I love creating intricate worlds with histories and relationships I remember. The game became the most fun for me when I began my own neighborhoods. In my oldest one, I'm on the third generation across the town. Many of my original sims have passed and I can't wait to see how the town grows and evolves over the next generation.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 4:37 AM
I play TS2 for the sheer reason that I can't play any other video game besides Rock Band. Sims just allow me to relax and completely unwind, something I'm sure too many of us need.
#29 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meggie272
I play sims because I am lonely and sad a lot of the time, they sort of give the impression of a happy family where everything runs smoothly.

Oh my god, I just realised how pathetic that sounded, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go all psychiatric-patient on you!! I also play them coz their fun and a good escape from reality.

This would probably be my reasoning, in a way, too.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 8:29 PM
uhmm. Because it's fun?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Mad Poster
#31 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 8:44 PM
yeah what simcharley said it's also a good stress reliever and b/c I have way too much time on my hands during winter break

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Forum Resident
#32 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 8:52 PM
I play the sims because 1: It's hella fun and 2: It keeps me away from the idiots that live in this house. :D
Instructor
#33 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 9:37 PM
I used to play because I could escape the reality of various situations in life and create families and individual Sims with ideal lives. Now circumstances have changed I play to pass time and entertainment.
#34 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 2:31 AM
I play it so that I can make stories and pair people up that wouldn't normally go together (anime/game wise)
I also play it to relieve stress, so sometimes an accidental fire or two will crop up ;]
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 5:56 PM
because i can do whatever i want without having to go and do stupid stuff. And i love seeing what happens to my sims when i force them to propose to someone that hates their guts. i did once. Actually i did that 3 times with the same sim. And then i made him die of starvation. It was fun.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 5:57 PM
Its my entertainment and escape from reality.
#37 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 6:03 PM
I play the sims to let out the inner architect in me... I spend most of my time building and designing houses/apartments in the game rather than actually playing it.

It gives me a sense of serenity, I have no idea why.

An odder reason, I also play the sims to see if those Simmies' interactions with others is similar to our own and from there on, make case studies.

AND I also use the game to create characters of stories I'm stuck on, put them in the game and let them freely play in the hopes that it will dissolve my writer's block...

But mainly I play the sims as a very versatile creative outlet. And like other people already said; to escape from reality for a while. Hence why I created my simself and am playing it currently :D

Yeah, I do mad things when I'm bored.
#38 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redhotsalsa
because i can do whatever i want without having to go and do stupid stuff. And i love seeing what happens to my sims when i force them to propose to someone that hates their guts. i did once. Actually i did that 3 times with the same sim. And then i made him die of starvation. It was fun.

:laugh:

You're a regular philantropist, aren't you?
Field Researcher
#39 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:04 AM
because it's simply not a viable option NOT to... (;
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 9:42 AM
for me its building houses, my only problime is i spend more time downloading things than atuly playing :p
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:03 PM
cause you can do stuff u want dat u cant in real life
Site Helper
#42 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM
I play to see what happens.

Unless I'm in a contest, and I'm playing to get pictures.

Or I'm fighting a bad mood and letting my evil sims be nasty to the townies, although I usually end up rescuing the townies.

Or I'm trying another story. (None of which ever get finished.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#43 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimLove
Why do you play sims?
I play sims, coz its wqy for me to escape reality.
Its relaxing to make sims and build houses and to decorate it and then watch them dealing with life.

I am curious to know.
Tell us why.

Thanx
SimLove

Okay, this may get long because I play for tons of reasons, many of which are sure to seem really weird/pathetic/flaky.

I started playing Sims 1 because I watched my friend play when I stopped at his house one day and almost died laughing...the Newbies got into a Looney Tunes dustcloud fight.

It appeals to my "inner child" because it's like playing virtual Barbies, complete with all of the Barbie Dreamhouses, clothes and cars I want. And I can make Barbie look any way I want...she doesn't have to look like a cookie cutter clone!

I can try out different paint/decorating ideas for my real life home before I actually take the plunge and do it. That isn't actually a reason why I play it, but it *is* a benefit I've found for the real world.

When I first started playing TS1, I was going through a horrible period of my life and I felt indescribably sad and hopeless. The sims in my game were full of all manner of jackassery and made me laugh. They still do and I really enjoy how much hilarious trouble they can get themselves into.

Again, referring to my real life sucking in specific areas, I sometimes live a little vicariously through my sims and find it to be blatant, shameless escapism.

And finally, this reason actually came into being after TS2 came out, and it's really embarassing to be telling anyone. In June of 2004 my Mother passed away. I was very close to her and her death devastated me. It took several months for me to be able to do anything without crying (I couldn't even go to the store, listen to music or watch tv). In November I started toying with my Sims again. I wound up making my Mom and Dad (he passed away when I was 16, but I still think about him and miss him). In July of 2006 my beloved Miss Kitty passed away and after Pets came out I made her a sim, along with my Snoopy Dog (he was my bestest best buddy when I was growing up...golden retriever...passed away in 1985 ) and in June of 2007, my sweet Darci Dog passed on. She's a sim now too. As weird as this is certain to sound, creating sims of my lost loved ones has helped me survive the grieving process. I still think of them every day and miss them...heck, I can't even walk past the containers of cut up watermelon in the produce section of the store or canned pet food without getting tears in my eyes, but having them in my Sims game is like being able to kind of see them again, even though I know they aren't real. Weird? Probably. Pathetic? Most certainly. But it's one of the many reasons I love my Sims game.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angelsavoir
I play the sims because I like seeing how their lives will go! Its fun to see what happens, when you add chaos sometimes!

OT- I seen your avatar before, you don't go to Serebiiforums do you?

And as for the topic- Well I am not sure, I guess because it's like real life but only I get to be in charge of what goes on (Most of the time anyway), plus it's fun. Although when I play for like months on end I get bored and do something else, then weeks or months later I start playing again and it's de va ju again as I keep playing lol, (Especially happens when I got a sim or family I like)
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
Weird? Probably. Pathetic? Most certainly. But it's one of the many reasons I love my Sims game.

I don't think so.
in fact.. I think you are a great person to overcome all this.. it's amazing how your sims helped you.. those dolls can have a strange power sometimes.
Scholar
#46 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fear2
I don't think so.
in fact.. I think you are a great person to overcome all this.. it's amazing how your sims helped you.. those dolls can have a strange power sometimes.

Thank you ...I was a little embarassed to post that last reason. I actually think that's why I'm so reluctant to stop playing my earlier versions of the Sims. They've helped me work things out. Your'e right, it's kind of surprising how much good can come from playing virtual Barbie.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:04 PM
I play Sims because, I love Magical Girl Animes and I do not ever want to fight with anemys, I want to play in their normal lifes and with Sims I can do this.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:22 PM
I like to play sims because I like to control things, and well controling sims is amazing! IT is also fun, and helps me clear my mind.

:P
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:05 AM
I play because i like control somebody`s life.
Instructor
#50 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:36 AM
I play it because I like to be the God that wreaks havoc on innocent Sim's life... But mostly I just build houses and decorate them.
Page 2 of 3