Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 9:36 AM
How much do you take?
:rant: For playing Sims? I mean, do people give you crap about how much you play or spend time doing other sim-related things? Parents, siblings, friends? My mom thinks I spend too much time on here. (never mind the fact I'm almost 23 and going to move out in a couple of months.) I mean, we have gotten into arguments over this! She says it's a stupid game and she's never even played! :banghead: What about you guys?
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 9:41 AM
I get it ALL the time I'm almost 21 years old and I'm contantly getting things like "That's a freaking kids game why do YOU play it!? It was actually something my ex and I fought over regularly.
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 3:30 PM
hubby rags on me for playing on his computer (it used to be the only one with all the EPs on it) but as for playing too much? never...he's a gamer himself, lol, so that would be a bit hypocritical of him. now me playing halo 2 for hours at a time i get flack from my kids because i'm tying up the TV. they'd rather i play sims, at least they can watch thier shows then :D

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 3:31 PM
I do too. My husband makes little comments like I'd rather play with my sim family than my real one. He says it in jest and then I make a comment about him and his motorcycle. I do play a lot but I do it when my baby is napping or after she's in bed at night.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:13 PM
Mostly I just get teased. I used to get nagged when I was sharing a computer, but now I have my own computer, so all is good. Also, when new expansions come out or I'm angling for improvements to said computer, the sim obsession gets annoying apparently. Although my husband and friends seem to put up with my sim commentary on real life pretty well.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:22 PM
Actually, most of my friends, etc. go "OH! YES! Sims! ME TOO!" and then we discuss, lol.
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:26 PM
lol when im not playing my mother usually says something like "shouldnt you be playing sims or something?"
LMAO
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:30 PM
My brother and his friend used to go into my downloads folder and delete something every day.
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:39 PM
My friends love to play, but I get crap for all my cc. "Sinful shower? FTW?" xD
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:43 PM
It's not just for the time I spend in my room playing the Sims 2, but my Dad calls me a Troglodite, and has nicknamed my room as 'The Cave'. He also gasps when I emerge and if I go with my Mum to pick him up after work so all three of us can go out, he raises his fingers up in a cross and hisses. :D

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FaymeLevy
lol when im not playing my mother usually says something like "shouldnt you be playing sims or something?"
LMAO

I get stuff like that from my mum to when she calls. She'll ask what I'm doing and I tell her (housework, laundry, watching tv, etc) and then she counters with "shouldnt you be playing with your dolls on the computer? do you need the newest cd?"

She once went with me to get the Pets expansion pack & now she always asks me if I need the newest cd.

My fiance used to pout if I tell him I'm going to play on the computer after work but now he's used to it (and besides I only play for an hour after work anyway).
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:48 PM
I barely get any comments about playing from my family, because I've got most of them into it too. Some of my friends though when they find out I play it laugh like I'm going to clown school or something and are like WHY do you play THAT?!?!..I dunno what their problem is lol, they've never even played it. Most of my friends like to play it though, I introduced a lot of them to CC and modthesims2 LOL. You should have heard my friend Meredith when I told her you could download stuff for the game, she was crazily overjoyed LOL.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Connectzeedots
My brother and his friend used to go into my downloads folder and delete something every day.

OMG. If anyone did that to my DL folder, they would not like the shade of ugly my revenge took!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Connectzeedots

If that happened to me, you would probably hear me screaming and swearing in Alaska. Luckily, my brother is a nice one, and by the time Sims 2 came out he had his own PC for when he went to University.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:58 PM
Default me
my hubby loves it. Keeps me out of his hair for hours.
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:24 PM
No one really knows I play the sims besides my mom...but then again most of my friends are married with kids so they probably wouldn't care :P
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:30 PM
My mom might makes comments every now and then but she usually doesn't mind. My dad hates that I'm on the computer so much. My sister plays TS2 before and after work, but she has more responsiblities so she doesn't play as much as me. My friend hates TS2. I've got him to play a little bit and he spent hours on CAS. We didn't even get to move his family into a house!

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:35 PM
I get ribbed for it once in a while, but it's generally by people who either watch too much tv or are addicted to games that they have to pay a subscription for, so I feel vindicated. Also, if say anything, I'm usually able to get them to admit that they've played the Sims at least once in their life.

There's always money in the banana stand.
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:36 PM
Basically none lol! Nobody cares about me! *cry*

One of my friends always complains my men look like women though >.> silly him.

((At first I didnt think this was about sims... haha *shh*))
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:43 PM
My mother has yelled at me with "It's a freaking SIMS game!" when I was trying to save someone who had corrupted and she wanted me to clean my room. That was the only time ever, though, since she can understand. Only her obsession is coupons. No one else minds, though, and I rarely ever say anything to most of my friends. I've mentioned it to one, and when we were at the tattoo parlor she pointed to the one of a heart with room inside for a name and told me I should get Vlad tattooed on me.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
((At first I didnt think this was about sims... haha *shh*))

:wow

Hahaha wow...

There's always money in the banana stand.
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:00 PM
I play for few hours, sometimes for an entire day, so, sometimes I get nagged by my husband, but that's only because he wants to play his games :comp: so we've decided to save some money and buy a new one, so we can both play when we want to.... anyway it's not my husband i'm nagged by... it's my job... when e.g. I have to work on a translation of 20 pg. and it was supposed to be finished yesterday :weep:

By the way, jhd1189, we have the same birthday (not the year... because you don't have it there)
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 7:53 PM
before, my mom would limit my time on the sims because i was addicted...she hasn't said anything lately because i took a long break (i seem to do that from time to time) and i'm playing it more now, she just said, don't get addicted to it again...i'm also an internet and myspace addicted HAHA, i gave up on myspace and all i do on the internet now is go on netflix.com, sims sites, and youtube....now that i'm 18 and just graduated it's time for me to get a life....
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:01 PM
i'm not an addict or anything, i only play when i'm bored and i'm done excercising :sneaky: , all of my friends are asleep, i'm wide awake at midnight :wow , it's too hot to go outside :flame: (Happens alot since its summer ), or if i'm not going anywhere. My sister on the other hand plays it every chance she gets. (but she's only 9, so i dont think shes old enough to get addicted to things, and the poor thing doesnt have a myspace or use the phone to gossip about people behind their back. . What else can she do? :lonely: ) :sick:
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:09 PM
I'm really not an addict either. I do lots of things to kill time, but playing or killing pixel dollies relaxes me greatly after a hard day of work or studying. Sometimes I'll say stuff like "Let me grow him up and then i'll get ready" to my fiance or if I'm feeling bummed, I play quite a bit. I can pull myself away easily from it and no one teases me about it, everyone thinks the sims is amazing :D
Page 1 of 3