Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:16 PM
My best friend has recommended me find something else to do besides play--she's trying to help me, but I couldn't help but feel a hint of disdain in the way she wrote.

While I was at home from college in 2005, my mom would tell me to quit the moment she noticed me playing. She doesn't really know what the game's about, but I doubt her opinion would change if she did.

When my last roommate would talk about me, she would always talk about my playing Sims 2 with a disapproving tone. Most of my friends scoff at my Sims obsession, but at least I have the upper hand in knowing that I have never, ever tried to make any of them play it or talked to them about it unless they asked me first. Last year, all my friends here have tried on more than one occasion to show me movies or music they hoped I'd like. I haven't mentioned that they are just a tiny (note sarcasm) bit obsessed with anime and manga, and don't seem ashamed of it. Why should I be ashamed of playing Sims 2, then? All this reeks of hypocrisy :disagree:.

"A kid's game"? Psssh. They haven't seen what we do to those poor creatures :D.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:58 PM
My fiance and kids are always nagging me that I play/think about the Sims way too much. I have to admit for a bit I was always mentioning how I wanted this or that in my game. I have stopped that though and they are giving me less heat now - although when something really cool happens and I bring it up (even if I haven't mentioned the Sims in like weeks) they will start nagging me again. Funny, fiance talks about world of warcraft constantly like I am interested in it, but honestly I am not at all. I let him ramble about it cuz it helps him think of solutions to issues, and being the significant other I feel its my duty to be somewhat attentive to him when I am not on the game! LOL.
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 9:12 PM
My parents don't really like to comment on how much time I spend on the computer because I snap at them everytime they do, so they've learned now *whistles innocently*
But with the Sims.. not really...
my friends don't know about it- the only ones that know about it apart from my parents are my sister, brother, brother's girlfriend and brother's girlfriend's son lol!
It's my gam- I'm not outside killing anyone, I'm inside, killing Sims ^_^

(haha, not always just often)
Theorist
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 9:23 PM
My husband thinks it's useless but who cares? I play when I can, lately I am just downloading as I reinstalled recently.

I don't have much time to play in the summer with my son home all day. Maybe I can sneak an hour in once in awhile. I play sometimes Friday or Saturday nights when they are watching Naruto and those other cartoon shows.

I feel this way...some people watch a lot of tv...why does anyone care what a person's hobby (harmless) is? I think it's helped me be more creative. Thanks to Sims I bought Paintshop Pro X and have learned more about image software.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 9:46 PM
I just remembered that sometimes my mom does get on me about the sims. But not caue I play it too much. I always say "I wish we could do this like the sims" or " I wish it was as easy as it was in the sims" or "I wish I was a sim" along the lines of that and she will be like "Chelsea, we'll never be sims, give it up!" lol. I'm so silly sometimes....

But I don't even play it that much anyway...lol
#31 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:18 PM
My mom only has a cow if I'm on really late still playing or on for extended periods of time doing nothing but Sims. Other than that there doesn't seem to be any problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:22 PM
My mum only gets annoyed with me if I'm supposed to be doing assignments instead of playing.

Apart from that I think I'm really lucky. My brother doesn't like playing the Sims, but he's a fellow gamer so he's fine with it, and my parents are fine with it as well. They both know that me and my brother like video games, and now that we each have our own PCs they don't have to worry about the noise, which is the only thing they don't like.

I've even shown my mum a couple of the contests I've been in, and she was really interested in the pictures.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#33 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:30 PM
My brother is a Halo 2 freak and constantly rags on me about how I should be playing Halo rather than TS2. He can't wrap his head around the fact that you don't "win" TS2 like you do Halo and he can't comprehend that it's not a game of skill. It's funny how gamers differ .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#34 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:34 PM
My brother has learned to accept me and my simming, even though there is only one computer in the house. If I'm playing, he's not going to be spending the day chatting on MSN...so he just goes back downstairs to his PS2 to play all of his sports games. My mother just rolls her eyes and can't believe a full grown woman is wasting her time playing "Dolly House". Now imagine someone saying it with a Jamaican accent...even funnier. My aunt is always like "Why aren't you playing your sims or something?"
#35 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:39 PM
Whenever I'm playing sims all day, my parents yell "Get off the computer!" as they're passing by my room. They are always telling me to go and talk to somebody and go outside. I keep telling them sims is just my replacement for the dollhouse people I used to play with all the time. My mom is waiting for the day when I will lose interest in sims, but I keep telling her that day is never going to come.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:23 PM
I usually play about 2 hours every other day. I used to play every day for fun but now I focus alot on contests and a story I am doing.
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:28 PM
I don't play as much anymore, today only like 1 hour but on the internet 8 am to present :P.

My sister is always like "STOP PLAYING AND PLAY WITH ME!"
#38 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 4:52 AM
I play the sims all over the afternoon and my mother hates that. Sometimes she wanna see her email, or talk to my parents in msn, a lot of things, then she says "why are you playing this SHIT of game? How you can spend aaaalll your afternoon playing it?" It just makes me angry .-.
Instructor
#39 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 4:55 AM
My friends are always like "please just shut up about the Sims 2 for 5 seconds!" They think I'm obsessed *hides face* lol

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#40 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FaymeLevy
lol when im not playing my mother usually says something like "shouldnt you be playing sims or something?"
LMAO

If I only could get my Mom to say that just one time.
and same here ChrstyFarie07 I stay on the internet more than I play my game. My best friend has the game too but she still says "Why do play that all the time?" Lol I don't play it all the tim last time I played was hmmmm 2 weeks ago and lasat time I went in game was yesterday to get pics for my story.
#41 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 5:38 AM
my friends don't make fun of me so much for actually playing the game (they know how addicting it can get. heck they're the ones who introduced me to it in the first place!) but more for joining (and not leaving) this forum and for stuffing my computer full of EPs and Custom Content.

what can I say?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 6:57 AM
Oh my friends complain all the time! I chose to stay home and play sims 2 one friday night instead of going out with them, and they called me 'traitor'

But I've got friends who're crazy over sims 2 too! So at least we have something in common :D

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Instructor
#43 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:05 AM
Ditto Remyohmy! My friends say stuff about me being on this site all the time! They're like "why do you go on there? It seems so boring" that's usually when I change the subject. Lol this site is awesome!

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:29 AM
For S2C......I think Im the only person I know who even knows about this site. People have seen it a couple times as I was on it, but as for knowing what its all about I dont think they do. Ive never gotten the "you play too much" thing either. I guess because I dont play all that much in the first place, I dont really have time, lol.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 10:57 AM
My parents always having a go at me even though im 20 in a few weeks ...but i can't help i love the sims! also since my bf played the sims on my pc he think it's totally cool! :thumb:
Instructor
#46 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 12:06 PM
Not mocking anyone, but it is SO funny to read post after post of 'my mom hates it', 'my parents yell'!!!

So I take it by most of these posts in here, that the majority of you are....well.... kids. At least by my standards considering I myself have teen boys (15 and 13).

And the only ones complaining about my Simming would be them (the kids) and only for the mere fact that they want to use my computer to look up game cheats for their PS2, X-BOX, and GameCube games!
Theorist
#47 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 1:38 PM
all of my friends LOVE sims even the boys love it, I've got like 9-10 friends who play the sims and 3 of them are boys

my little brother loves it too, but don't play as much anymore, he's addicted to online games now and he's only 12.

my mom don't know how to play complicated games on pc (she only knows how to play solitaire, bejewelled, puzzle bobble, etc lol).

and my dad doesn't care, but sometimes he'll complained if I ask him to take me to the shop or to buy the newest EP for me, he said something about how I was being 'milked' by the company (money-wise, you know) because they keep popping out the packs LOL
Forum Resident
#48 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:42 PM
My dad makes a comment sometimes like when i say something about one of the cats or something he'll go "you ignore the cats because of your sims" or whatever, noone knows about this site eiher - but all in all, noone really bugs me, becuase noone cares, noone can be bothered to understand the game and, well, i like it tht way i do what i want, always have, espiecally since im 18 tommorow, ill be an adult, and i can just say "I can do what i like im an adult! " but thats if anyone bothers to care *sniff* LOL

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:56 PM
My mom nags me a lot about how much I play TS2; she says that it's a waste of time, and why don't I have 'real friends?!' hahah. I DO have real friends, and it's not like I neglect them to play sims, but the sims is no different to me than playing any other video game. It's just the whole making people idea that bothers her. Seems unnatural, haha. But regardless, I've cut back on actually playing and instead spend more time on here, and for some reason, she doesn't care if I'm on the internet all day, rather than playing TS2 for a couple hours. xD Crazy.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 8:44 AM
I guess I'm lucky that I don't cop any flak, but I'm the only one in my group of friends who plays and they don't see the attraction. I had a stack of screenshots running as a screensaver on my work computer and one of my colleagues noticed and asked "What's that?" My boss walked past at that exact moment and replied "That's Brett's other family." There's nothing wrong with a 35 year old male being so attached to his little Sims....is there?
Page 2 of 3