Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 2596 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:17 PM
Default Maxis use the same house design twice!
I was playing the Cordial family in Belladonna cove and I noticed their house was exactly the same as the Pleasant house in Pleasantview! It obviously doesn't have the pool, there are two new fireplaces and the object layout is different. Have you spotted any houses where maxis has been a little bit lazy and copied another? Please tell!
Thanks.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:34 PM
The Roth house/family in Riverblossom hills. I know it's supposed to be a parody of the Goths in Pleasantview, but the house is identical in layout as well.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:57 PM
I was playing the Cordials last night and yeah, I noticed how their house looked similiar to the Pleasants in Pleasantview. The family tree is similiar. And the twins looked as if they got Mary Sue's black hair instead of Daniel's red hair. Interesting. They even look like Angela and Lilith with better clothes!

~Erin
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 5:49 PM
I haven't played with cordials for a while, but when I will I'll go check it out.

I think i saw something similar to Dreamers house somewhere...

Also if you think, original Lathario and Caliente house are very similar.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 6:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmblair
I was playing the Cordials last night and yeah, I noticed how their house looked similiar to the Pleasants in Pleasantview. The family tree is similiar. And the twins looked as if they got Mary Sue's black hair instead of Daniel's red hair. Interesting. They even look like Angela and Lilith with better clothes!

~Erin

I have a sneaking suspicion that they're intentionally made to mirror the Pleasant twins: "sibling rivalry forced them to move out of their pleasant hometown" from their family bio (paraphrased), along with the similarities in the house/family tree.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 7:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanima Atreides
The Roth house/family in Riverblossom hills. I know it's supposed to be a parody of the Goths in Pleasantview, but the house is identical in layout as well.

I heard its a mirror to the Goth house. Example when you walk in the Goth house the kitchen is on the right and for the Roth's the kitchen is on the left. I've never properly checkid it out though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 7:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
Also if you think, original Lathario and Caliente house are very similar.

If u think about it there are a lot of house round their with the same design, it's probably just meant to be a little scheme or something.
Alchemist
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 8:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundoniandood
I heard its a mirror to the Goth house. Example when you walk in the Goth house the kitchen is on the right and for the Roth's the kitchen is on the left. I've never properly checkid it out though.

It's completely possible, I haven't played there in a very long time. In a way, that's quite funny, though personally I was never fond of the entire parody idea. I prefer fresh and original families/stories.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Banned
DELETED POST
3rd Apr 2009 at 10:00 PM
This message has been deleted by Extensa5420.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extensa5420
There is a house in Strangetown that is the mirror image of the Grunt family's house. It is right next to the Grunt family. It is not cheap, because it's over 20,000 simoleons.

Again, this is not strange, as they are right next to each other. My house is the exact same as my neighbours. I'm talking about houses which have premade families living in them, are not exactly next to each other, and even better, in seperate neighbour hoods.
Inventor
#10 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 2:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundoniandood
Again, this is not strange, as they are right next to each other. My house is the exact same as my neighbours. <snip>

Indeed, in real life houses are usually build in projects of several at a time contracted by the city or building corporations. Since they're all build by the same contracter in conjunction with the same architect, and of course because it's cheaper, they'll all look alike.

I've actually set up my neighborhood in this fashion with many houses resembling each other, or being carbon copies to give the different areas in my 'hood a unified look.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 2:50 AM
haha
Cordials = Pleasants

same meaning
=]

Life is not measured by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away
Play Wajas?
PM me! {[24776]}
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:47 PM
Comunity lots count? I saw similar one in veronaville. I forget whats it called but they have exactly same on in pleasantview. It originally has

Section jump