Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 5:09 PM
I'm a big fan of the University pack. Putting the characters through the school experience is a natural for me. I've always loved school stories so what better than playing through the school experience. My favroite of the pre-made Sims schools is Academie La Tour and just took up with the default students there again last night. Haven't gotten to the binned Sims yet. Although I am rather a fan of Marla Biggs. She got a great sweetie nerd vibe about her.

At the moment though I'm playing the Sharpe house. Another favorite. I like encouraging the relationship between Roxie and Jonah and figuring out how to balance things for the math geek Edwin. While I'm not as shallow about by Sims as some on here, I don't like the idea of Edwin with Georgia O'Feefe. She's so pretty I like trying to bend her love life to my will. Which last time I played her through involved pairing her with Mitch Indie. Max meanwhile ended up in a dorm after Mitch moved in Georgia. Wasn't really a big fan of him.

Maybe one of these days I can play the Sim State and/or La Fiesta Tech pre-mades in depth. I just prefer the Academie because the rotation involved in maintaining their stories is less intricate.
Advertisement
#27 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketchy
Have you done anything with them?

Mine involved a movement of the house then pressing the delete button.
Though my Legacy heir is engaged to one of the dormies on the laptop.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 7:58 PM
My favorite house to play was the Frat house and the sorority girls. Firstly, they all got make overs and changed their outfits.

All the frat brothers were pretty friendly with each other, but Ashley Pitts and Castor Nova were best friends while Kevin and Joshua were best friends. As we all know, Joshua had a crush on Tiffany Sampson from the sorority. So naturally when Castor started a relationship with her and eventually fell in love, Joshua was not happy. He went nuts when he caught them kissing in the entrance hall of the frat house and proceeded to attack and fight Castor. Needless to say, they're enemies.

Ashley wasn't happy that his best friend had gotten beat up, so his relationship with Joshua suffered. Left to their own devices, their relationship got so bad that soon they were fighting with each other randomly all over the house. Kevin just wanted to be friends with everyone. He was really stressed out by all of the fighting and tried to play both sides. But eventually, his relationship with Castor suffered.

Eventually, Joshua got over Tiffany and started a relationship with Heather Huffington. Meanwhile, Ashley was trying to decide if Tiffany was worth all of the fighting she'd caused in the house. He invited her over while Castor was at class to talk to her and get to know her, and he decided that she was. He spent the rest of his college days lusting after Castor's girlfriend and unable to act on his feelings.

After graduation, Castor married Tiffany and they built a nice three story house to call home, across the street from the Pleasant's.

Heather Huffington became a lesbian. Brittany Upsnott died (because she was just too fugly for me) and I haven't done anything with Kevin or Joshua. I'm scared to because I heard that Kevin has really bad genes that get passed down to the children. Yikes!

I'm now working on the premade family that has Allegra in it. Allegra's genetics were almost too fugly for me as well, but her facial structure kind of reminded me of Lilith Pleasant and Cassandra Goth (who are both alive and well in my game) so I haven't killed her. Jane is by far the prettiest.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:24 PM
The only ones I've ever played are Stella Terrano, Mitch Indie, and Castor Nova. The others still exist...but are never touched.

I lie--I did touch one college playable Sim (forget his name), but ended up killing him.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Forum Resident
#30 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:11 PM
Both Jimmy Phoenix and Heather Huffington found places in sim-me's family tree; they married "my" grandkids. (I didn't mean for Heather to marry one of sim-me's grandkids, but they had three lightening bolts. Despite both of them being Romance sims, they're quite happy together.)
#31 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 2:41 AM
Heather Huffington married Gilbert Jacquet in my game. Three lightning bolts didn't lie.
#32 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 4:58 PM
The university sims are the most boring EVER!

Well, except Castor, but that's only because I didn't bother to graduate him, but I made him quit college and moved him to one of my CAS-made sims, who's a sim version of one of my real friends.

It went pretty fast, I guess the chemistry worked pretty well between them (this was before I got Nightlife), because they got married faster than any other sim couple I've played so far (and that's many, I love playing matchmaker.) Now she's pregnant with his kid. Well, either his or her ex-husband's, but I hope it's his, because her ex-husband never was good-looking.

The other sims are still left where they are. So far, nothing's happened. Well, some of them made friends with my other CAS-made sims, but that's about it, they dropped the friendship after some time, and there was one Romantic ambition sim who WooHooed somebody, but I just can't remember who...
Field Researcher
#33 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by h3nker
I've only played with Academie de la Tour, but that meant my poor sim ended up rooming with Max Flexor and Mitch Indie. Two bigger slobs I have not seen. They both could be counted upon to run around (naked!) emitting green clouds of stench, leaving a trail of rotting pizza and broken appliances in their wake. Max managed to get his gentleman's C with no aid, but Mitch was in constant academic emergency.

Max graduated and became a used-car salesman in Bluewater Village, but poor, stupid Mitch still lingers in University, eating rotten food in a haze of aspirational failure.

>shallow< They were both so ugly! Max had a jaw like a horseshoe, and Mitch...his beady little eyes, flat nose, receding chin, and molestor mustache are the stuff of nightmares.>shallow<

Well, this is why I never let Max and Mitch stay together. They always turn dysfunctional living alone together and the one with the less exciting life becomes a total loss. Which for me is usually Max. I don't know why but I just don't like him the way I do Mitch. Mitch usually ends up falling in love with Delilah O'Feefe and moving in with her. Did move Max into a dorm once to try and use him as a mature influence. But in general I'm just not into him.

As for the other default characters at Academie Le Tour I usually encourage the Roxie/Jonah relationship getting them a double bed and letting them woo hoo each other as much as they want through college while Edwin tries usually unsuccessfully to woo either a cheerleader or someone on the Internet. I've never come up with much for him. Maybe next time I play the school I should think about making him gay and see if I can salvage Max by pairing him with Edwin
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 12:04 AM
i never play those people, i just use them as potential mates for my neighborhoods to keep everyone from being related to one another.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 4:24 AM
Check that about Max. I know why I don't like him. He's just too darn bland and generic. Was looking at the Sim binned Sims from La Fiesta Tech last night and noticed the only thing separating Max from the athletic Davis brother is the head. YAWN. Boring.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 2:29 AM
who is max flexor? i don't recognize the name at all.
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:23 AM
Actually, Edwin Sharpe makes an excellent spouse. He's nice, tidy, and very family-oriented. I think he's too good for Ophelia, so I generally fix him up with one of my home-grown sims. Of course, I make him work out until he loses the pot belly and he gets a new haircut, but honestly, he's the best of the three for long-term playing.

Edited to add - Max Flexnor is the jock-looking guy who wears a baseball cap and the big man on campus jacket. Not a very nice sim, and his genetics are iffy (the jaw makes for ugly offspring).
Field Researcher
#38 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Lothario
Actually, Edwin Sharpe makes an excellent spouse. He's nice, tidy, and very family-oriented. I think he's too good for Ophelia, so I generally fix him up with one of my home-grown sims. Of course, I make him work out until he loses the pot belly and he gets a new haircut, but honestly, he's the best of the three for long-term playing.

So who do you usually pair him with? I have a hard time envisioning Edwin successful with a woman. Which is kind of a shame as he's certainly likable enough to play with
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cappyboy
So who do you usually pair him with? I have a hard time envisioning Edwin successful with a woman. Which is kind of a shame as he's certainly likable enough to play with

So pair him with a guy then.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 1:14 PM
I pair him up with Virgo knowledge-aspiration female sims. Right now he's married to (and has a very sweet daughter) with his wife, Blair. She's the child of River (also from University) and Belinda Wilkie (a character I made and started out with in University). I hate how long University takes to go through, but I love how much happier/more easily fulfilled the sims are if they've gone, so I just bite the bullet and get through it.

Edited to add: Oh, Edwin's default turn-ons are fat vampires (!), so you have to get him to use the object or potion to renew his turn-ons so they match whomever you have him marry. Either that or find him a fat vampire, but those don't grow on trees!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Lothario

Edited to add: Oh, Edwin's default turn-ons are fat vampires (!), so you have to get him to use the object or potion to renew his turn-ons so they match whomever you have him marry. Either that or find him a fat vampire, but those don't grow on trees!

This certainly explains a lot. Hadn't thought to look at his turn ons but I knew there had to be a reason why I wasn't having much success with him. With those default turn-ons intact, he'd never be happy under my regime as his God. I hate vampires.
Instructor
#42 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 4:33 PM
I usually, in my various neighborhoods, marry off Heather Huffington and Castor Nova to my custom made sims. Those 2 aren't too bad looking, and if they marry someone halfway decent, they have nice looking kids. Otherwise Ashley Pitts is kind of a jerk, and the 2 other girls from the sorority (brittney and ?) are kind of snobby and dont seem to get along too well with my other sims. Haven't played anyone else from University.
#43 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 5:07 PM
Who's Edwin? I only know an Edwin Odesseiron
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 10:10 PM
i think i read on the tsr board that francis worthington was bad to breed with, but i ignored the warning and he went on to have 4 kids with his fiancée. big mistake.

elliott is cute and made me think that the rest of the kids would be presentable.

his little sister baird was a hideous toddler and still looks kind of busted, but i'm starting to think she's cute.

reade and campbell, the poor ugly twins.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 11:57 PM
Ah I may think about having the Romance sim who is dating Francis just to adopt. I already got all the mods to make sure no frog faced sims appear and if she really wants a kid that bad, then she will just make sure to get the Surgery Lab Reward...Also as of late, Jessie and Sparda have been thinking about wherever or not to live together as room mates (Although Sparda is living with Neil, who isnt much of a threat to his love life since he is too busy being a bookworm to worry about getting laid.) Although Jessie does come over to Sparda's place for some coffee and a one-nighter every now and then...As for the other sims, I kind of lost focus on them, although Castor may soon graduate from Uni if I felt like playing Uni again...
#46 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Loncaros
Who's Edwin? I only know an Edwin Odesseiron

The Edwin they're referring to is Edwin Sharpe. He's a premade student in Academie Le Tour. When you get him, he's living in a house with his sister and her boyfriend.

If I could find a pic I'll post it.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 7:13 PM
I play everyone in the neighborhood. I play each family, even premades, for one season, then move on. However, I don't invest a lot of planning into the college students. Whatever happens, happens.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 5:38 PM
I've just entered the Sharpe House for the first time. I'm given Roxie and Edwin a small change of hair and some other stuff, and I've found out that Edwin is actually pretty hot.

Edwin.

You can see Roxie there on the left. She's just found Jonah cheating on her with another women, so I'm planning of them having a big break-up, and her chucking Jonah out of the house, and I'm going to repair the relationship between her and her brother, who was cheering her on when she slapped him. After that, she's going to go on and have the time of her life while at Uni, before calming down and becoming a Family-Aspiration Sim after she leaves Uni.

Edwin's original aspirations in my game are actually Brown Hair and High Cooking Skill (Bon Voyage). Not a clue who I'm going to mate him with, but he's going to go on to have a nice, exciting Knowlegde-Aspiration life in any case.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#49 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 12:20 PM
I'v only played through uni twice. The first time my woman was living in a dorm, but that was too much for my poor little hp - but she lived there till the end. The second time I moved my woman to one of the houses with 3-4 other sims living there - I let the pre-made sims run loose, and never controlled them, and only cared about my woman. The maxis sims ended up dying and my woman got to live alone for the last two years of uni.
#50 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 3:25 AM
I take the nastiest-looking Uni sims and marry them off with unsightly sims that I create, and make them have children. It's funny to see their children, because they remind me of freaky horror movie characters, but then I end up feeling sorry for the babies.
Page 2 of 4