Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 8:14 PM
Default How exactly do graveyards work?
I mean i send my sims there after they die I know. But do those sims say haunt that graveyard? The reason I was wanting to know I figured I could send my knowledge sims on a ghost hunt at the graveyard. Just an idea.
Thanks in advance
Advertisement
#2 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 8:22 PM
I know the graves build up at the lot, but you have to go in and move them into a "Grave spot." And I'm pretty sure they will haunt.
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 8:24 PM
Migamoo's right, although you'll have to send them a lot. I've never been able to catch a ghost haunting a graveyard.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#4 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 8:46 PM
i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that ghosts don't show up for several days after they die. i know i don't visit my community lots for several days at a time, or even what could add up to several days. i'm going to have to try some experiments, this sounds interesting. it would be funny too to charge sims who want to get a fright for how much time they spend on the lot.
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 11:20 PM
That is exactly what I was thinking musiqe like maybe a ghost hunting trip or something
Site Helper
#6 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 12:11 PM
I have had the Tricou ghosts show up at the Gothier Green cemetery, so yes. But I had to have had a sim camping out for a long time before they started to show. (I sent one there, then put him meditating over one of the graves for three days. (As a side effect he learned to teleport while meditating from that as well.) Once they have been activated they will show more often, but you still need to chase them all over the lot to finally see one. (Or make out. If Nylisst is about she seems to enjoy spooking people who are making out near her grave. At least in my game.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#7 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 2:03 PM
Wow! I had no idea that ghosts actually haunt a graveyard. I always assumed they didn't because though I send my vampires to graveyards to bite sims a lot I've never seen a ghost. I always figured that once you moved a grave to a community lot that you never saw the ghost again. It's nice to know that you can, even if it takes forever and a day.

~Sid
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 3:17 AM
What if you keep the gravestones home untill they start hounting - before you send them to the graveyard - must be easyer to activate them at home.
#9 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 8:23 PM
I recently made a graveyard, but i had no graves. So i went to strangetown and made that one family.... I dunno the name, but i made her send her graves the new graveyard. She had alot of them, and i kept getting pop-ups about "If you move this grave, then the spirit will return to the origanal lot he/she died on. The graves will only be move if you save your game" I did it anyway...
#10 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:35 PM
creepy....
Instructor
#11 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lola
creepy....

I bought the House of the Fallen Trees in downtown with my family. I am not sure if they'd be considered my legacy family- but I am about 4 generations deep. The house came with a few graves already and that was the main reason I bought that lot in particular. I have since filled the yard up with many more bodies as some of my sims lack common sense and have died.
I DO have to say there are some ghosts that are quite handy to keep on your house lot. I have one, Ricky Chandler and he scrubs my toilets and washes down my counters. Abrica Chandler also takes out the trash and cleans up dirty dishes. The ones that came with the lot however are anything but nice and tend to scare my poor sims. I was actually thinking of converting the vampire basement, which I don't use into a nice underground grave yard. I like the ghosts in my house and in my yard- its entertaining and the sims that like ghosts are always happy.
But my one question is- if I make a seperate lot and put the ghosts that I am not too fond of on that- how do I ghost hunt? Is it a selectable option on thier menu tree when you enter a grave yard?
Aine
Site Helper
#12 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:01 AM
Not really, and it depends on what you mean by ghost hunting. If you mean going out to the lot and seeing the ghost, they do eventually appear. Go to the lot when it is early night there. (Usually between 7 and 8 in the evening.) You can go earlier if you want to wait longer, but they only show up at night. After you have been there for an hour or two in darkness the ghosts are likely to start coming out if they have been activated. (It takes several visits to the lot to activate them if they haven't been activated. Or one very long meditation period.) Once you have a ghost floating around have your sim keep running to the spot where the ghost is or make out with someone while standing in the ghost's path. (There may be other things that attract their attention as well, but I was working from dream dates with a pair of knowledge sims.) Eventually the ghost gets tired of that and spooks the sim.

Ghost hunting as in actually getting rid of them is not possible unless you delete them. Or unless the game decides to lose the graves for you.... Either way it isn't a good idea.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 8:32 PM
I have a question. I just downloaded a neighborhood with a graveyard, but how do you put graves in them? Do you need nightlife to do it?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 8:42 PM
No, just need to have a sim die. When they die, have another sim click on the urn or tombstone, and select "move grave" from the pie menu. A lot selector box pops up, and you just select whichever lot it is that you wanted to put the graves on. You have to save the game, and then you'll want to load the lot where you moved the graves to, and position each tomb stone where you want it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 8:47 PM
Oh wow, I've never seen that before. Thanks a lot!'
Edit: I have graves here, but the option wont show.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 8:56 PM
You need to have an EP for that, but I can't remember which one.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 9:01 PM
Ah, that's probably the reason why. I only have Seasons so far. It's probably Nightlife I need. Well, more of a reason to buy that next!
Thank-you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 1:42 AM
you must have nightlife to move graves.
Scholar
#19 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 2:13 AM
psivampyr your ghosts that clean what did they die of that makes them clean or was it their personality traits? ive had all sorts die on me but ive never had one clean my sims home

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Scholar
#20 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
I have had the Tricou ghosts show up at the Gothier Green cemetery, so yes. But I had to have had a sim camping out for a long time before they started to show. (I sent one there, then put him meditating over one of the graves for three days. (As a side effect he learned to teleport while meditating from that as well.) Once they have been activated they will show more often, but you still need to chase them all over the lot to finally see one. (Or make out. If Nylisst is about she seems to enjoy spooking people who are making out near her grave. At least in my game.)

Do you need a hack for a sim to learn to teleport from meditating? My sims were able to do that after i installed InSim, but then my Insim reverted itself to the objects mode for no reason whatsoever.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
Do you need a hack for a sim to learn to teleport from meditating? My sims were able to do that after i installed InSim, but then my Insim reverted itself to the objects mode for no reason whatsoever.

No you don't need a hack, your sim just needs to meditate for a long time, not sure exactly how long, but you'll see a little purple flash that tells you that they have learned to teleport, about a sim hour later they can teleport. Once they learn how to teleport they will be able to do so after meditating for a little while.

As others have said graveyards do work, you just have to get the ghosts activated.

I wish I had a ghost that cleans lol!
Site Helper
#22 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 9:20 PM
I think it takes 24 hours after you learn to levitate to learn to teleport. I have one ghost who cleans; he was a neat freak who died of old age in Platinum aspiration.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 9:39 PM
oops.. that sounds right, now I think about it... I had the game in triple speed.

Thanks! I have a neat freak sim who is about to turn into an elder, I might just leave her tombstone on the lot when the reaper comes for her.
Instructor
#24 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 3:44 AM
I had a single sim who meditated when she got off work until she had to go to work for a while, but she never teleported.
#25 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babicatz05
I had a single sim who meditated when she got off work until she had to go to work for a while, but she never teleported.

you must meditate a lot to levitate and then click on a spot and click Teleport Here
Page 1 of 2