Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 3:48 PM
Default Turn ons/turn offs
What turn-on/turn-offs would you like to see in The Sims2, apart from those that already exist?

I would personally love for the skintones to be turn-ons/turn-offs. They can code hair to be that way, why not skin?
Advertisement
#2 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 3:51 PM
I wish that sims can be attracted to outgoing sims, nice sims, active sims, or neat sims. That seems so much more realistic. Also, maybe sims should be attracted to eye color or skin tone, in addition to fitness and hair color.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM
I think eye color would be a nice addition, as would certain personality traits, such as neatness, outgoing etc. I 'know' they play a part in chemistry, as zodiac signs ( before someone jumps in and tells me I don't know about chemistry) , but it would be fun to choose these traits, as in real life, they are very important!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Site Helper
#4 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 4:37 PM
You cannot use Maxis game functions to change skin, eyes, or personality. Yes, I know there are hacks, but there is no OFFICIAL way to say "I want to be more appealing to someone who likes blue eyes and shyness, so I will make myself shyer and change my eyes to blue." I like turn ons to be things like hair and clothing, because they can be changed. But clothing colors would be nice.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 5:11 PM
Put in colored contacts. That should be available ingame. People alter their eye color all the time.
ETA: I know they are available for DL, but it would be a nice option for people who don't like to DL CC. It seems like no matter what Maxis gives us, we want more, more, more. It's just the human condition.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 11:02 AM
Skintones, eyecolour and personality would sound really good.
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 3:26 PM
I'm annoyed we don't have opposites of things. We have a "fat" turn on, why not a "fit" one?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 3:28 PM
there is the fit one... you can see a bended arm with lot of muscles...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 4:06 PM
I would also LOVE an aspiration turn on/turn off. I know it palys a part in the chemistry, but I mean, a knowladge sim who had a thing for popularity sims? That would be fun
Site Helper
#10 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 7:42 PM
Age and Gender. (With the ability to adjust turn ons at each age step.) I really don't want my teen age girl to be turned on by an Elder just because he was fit and wearing a beard.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
#11 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sizza

I would personally love for the skintones to be turn-ons/turn-offs. They can code hair to be that way, why not skin?

Because making racist Sims would be so much fun.

That's probably why they didn't include skintones as turn ons/turn offs. To avoid that kind of backlash. Notice how all the Turn ons/Turn offs are stuff that can be changed (in game).
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 4:22 AM
That reminds me oddly... If you change a sim's haircolor, will that change be superficial or genetical?
Site Helper
#13 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 1:57 PM
Superficial without SimPE or the like.

Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:39 PM
Definitely don't want skintone as a turn on or off. I'd like rich/poor though.

Genghis is the right spelling, this is true.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:32 PM
Since there's an option to be attracted/repelled to/by vampires, I think there should also be one for werewolves, plantsims, robots, zombies, and possibly aliens.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Decider
Because making racist Sims would be so much fun.

That's probably why they didn't include skintones as turn ons/turn offs. To avoid that kind of backlash. Notice how all the Turn ons/Turn offs are stuff that can be changed (in game).

Didn't think of that. But I still would like to have that. It would work if it was only possible as a turn-on. And the sim doesn't have to be a racist if they like uh, dark skinned sims better.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 5:21 PM
I would like personality and aspiration to be turn ons/turn offs
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sizza
I would also LOVE an aspiration turn on/turn off. I know it palys a part in the chemistry, but I mean, a knowladge sim who had a thing for popularity sims? That would be fun

Aspiration isn't really a Turn On/Turn Off, but it is part of Chemistry.

For example, a Popularity Aspiration and a Knowledge Aspiration do NOT mix. Although a Family and Knowledge Aspiration make really good Chemistry.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ambnumber11

For example, a Popularity Aspiration and a Knowledge Aspiration do NOT mix. Although a Family and Knowledge Aspiration make really good Chemistry.

I know that but I think it'd be funny if we decided that said knowladge sim had a thing for popularity sims, despite their aspiration being compleatly un-compatiled (however that's spelled)
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 2:49 AM
A skin tone turn-off

Isn't that a girl's name?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 3:25 AM
Hair length (long/medium/short) and hair texture (curly/wavy/straight) -- all changeable with a Maxis mirror.
#22 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ambnumber11

I really don't think the official rules about chemistry and aspirations are that important.

For example, one of my happiest couples is knowledge/popularity (with one bolt). The knowledge sim will happily study for skill points and go off to work while the popularity sim stays at home to take care of the kids and throws parties every day.

There's also my single romance sim, who had negative chemistry with this guy. But I had him flirt anyway, because that's what he wanted at the time. And like ten minutes later, they had two bolts of chemistry with each other, and I didn't change anything in the meantime.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 9:28 AM
I would love following turn on/offs

- rich/poor
- eyecolor
- zodiac signs (I know this might sound strange, but I think it could be fun! YES, I know it already might have something to do with the chemistry. But I want to say myself what my sims think is attractive.)
- age (I hate it when teens get attracted to elders)
-turn on/off for werewolves, plantsims, zombies, etc... (what makes vampires better than the rest? They have a turn on/off and the rest not. Think of it...)

I suddenly started thinking (I only do that once a year...) if maxis isn't giving us more turn on/offs, can we make our own?
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 12:10 AM
Quote:

Tell that to one of my Sim couples. Husband is Knowledge, Wife is Popularity and they cannot keep their hands off each other! XD That's why I believe Aspiration has only a little to do with chemistry and can be overridden by other factors. The only constant has been Family and Romance Sims hating each other for obvious reasons.

Quote:
-turn on/off for werewolves, plantsims, zombies, etc... (what makes vampires better than the rest? They have a turn on/off and the rest not. Think of it...)

Think about it. What would you rather kiss...a charismatic, suave vampire, a furry and slobbering werewolf, a dirt-covered plantperson, or a rotting, smelly zombie? :p

Then again, if Sims can be attracted to Stink...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
I suddenly started thinking (I only do that once a year...) if maxis isn't giving us more turn on/offs, can we make our own?

NH1, a good while back I asked that very same question and it seemed that either a.) no one knew how, b.) it was too complicated, or c.) it was just about impossible. I've wanted more turn ons and turn offs for ages now; I'm bored to death with the ones we have. I keep hoping against hope that Maxis will add more with new expansions but so far, no dice.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Page 1 of 2