Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 2:09 PM
Default have you guys noticed the graphics have inproved a 100%
they have on mine anyway they are perfect!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:23 PM
No imporvement in graphics here. Maybe Pets automatically set your graphics to high, when you may have had them on low. I've noticed that my game runs amaxingly faster though! I can visit community lots!!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
No imporvement in graphics here. Maybe Pets automatically set your graphics to high, when you may have had them on low. I've noticed that my game runs amaxingly faster though! I can visit community lots!!

naaa my settings are always in high but yeah i have noticed its way faster too!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:42 PM
I can't say about the graphics, but my game is alot faster too. ^_^ Lightening :P

My name is Loren.
#5 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:44 PM
My game is a little faster, but I still can't use community lots (but I'm not bothered).
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:44 PM
With no content my graphics are amazing.
#7 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:46 PM
with no content my game just runs faster. But it also sucks and I don't like to play it.
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ::Simstress::
with no content my game just runs faster. But it also sucks and I don't like to play it.

I know the feeling, but there are many threads on how terrible the pack is, so I'm not gonna clog up this one. I haven't noticed graphical difference, as I said, but I still have CC enabled. The speed may have soething to do with it being on DVD not a CD. (In my case anyway)

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
With no content my graphics are amazing.

i stillhave tons of CC from nightlife and OFB etc in my game it didnt effact it at alli took out all my hacks though
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood

Same here. After FFP and Pets my game is running amazing, which is weird. You think it'd be slower with more stuff on the computer.
#11 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 6:06 PM
I noticed with this pack they kept all my setting on high. When i updated with all the other EPs, it always reverted back to 'normal'. I also noticed with this expansion that the neigborhood automanticly shows now.. I didnt' set it that way!
Instructor
#12 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
I noticed with this pack they kept all my setting on high. When i updated with all the other EPs, it always reverted back to 'normal'. I also noticed with this expansion that the neigborhood automanticly shows now.. I didnt' set it that way!

Neighborhood automatically shows? What do you mean?

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 7:13 PM
Quote:
Neighborhood automatically shows? What do you mean?

Cheeseisgood, you beat me to it by a few seconds!

Since I don't yet have Pets, I was wondering the same thing.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
#14 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 7:39 PM
I think they mean that neighbor's houses automatically show up while on a specific lot, not sure though.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 9:00 PM
I noticed that as well, my graphics are amazing!...and I know i haven't tweaked with them in ages.....
Alchemist
#16 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 9:06 PM
Mine are the same, can't say I've seen a change either way but since all graphics settings both in the game and my computer are as high as possible, I'd need a new card for them to get any better. lol

However the loading times *are* faster. I've noticed that from the begining.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#17 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:09 PM
I did. But then again I used to play on a laptop where my game was super slow and when I put Family Fun Stuff on all my houses blinked red because my video card wasn't good enough.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:15 PM
My graphics have always been exceptional so I wouldn't say they've improved at all. I probably won't see any improvment until they're midway through next gen card lines ;p

I really haven't paid enough attention to see if stuff is loading faster though.
Scholar
#19 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
I I also noticed with this expansion that the neigborhood automanticly shows now.. I didnt' set it that way!

Maybe she only has one neigborhood. So now instead of having to pick it, the game already throws her into that neigborhood becasue it's the only one.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 3:27 AM
I don't see any graphical improvement

And, I think the performance dropped after Pets was installed. XD

The game will be frozen 2-3 seconds, when a sim or a pet passes by.

Sort of annoying.

However, if the same sim or pet comes to the lot the second time, it won't be frozen.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
#21 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:23 AM
Thats cause the gam loads the pet or sms file into the RAM to make it slightly faster.
#22 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kismetrose
Cheeseisgood, you beat me to it by a few seconds!

Since I don't yet have Pets, I was wondering the same thing.

Hehe.. Sorry, for the blonde momwents! i meant the thing that came with nightlife, where you can see your neigbors houses while you play your families.. Sorry, i'm not good at explaining things..
Forum Resident
#23 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 8:13 AM
t
I noticed since Pets my game runs smoother & better, yes I agree!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 9:11 AM
I hope my game will quicken up, as i am about to install it in uhh.. 3 seconds :p
I have a feeling it will lagg my computer right down though.
#25 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 7:05 PM
my graphics dropped after I installed Pets. I had to change everything back to high again after I had a freak out moment. Of course now I can't really have smooth edges but I suppose there must be sacrifices.
Page 1 of 2