Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 7:38 AM
Default Best Expansion yet
I have to give Maxix props on Pets. If the game wasn't addicting enough, its like pure gaming heroin now. Maybe its my inner peta but I can't quit the game if the puppies are whining. They're cute lil puppies.. and hell.. I haven't even tried playing with the kittens yet.

I don't like the other expansions, in fact, I hate University and OFB. I play games to escape thinking of work and school, why in the hell would I want to play a game that simulates those things? They may as well make the Sims 2: The Prison Years.. that would be a blast.. although I'd feel sorry for the sims that came from insimenator.net. And what is the deal with the sims made over there? Its like male androgyny central.

Pets gets props also for adding werewolves. The vampires in nightlife redeemed that expansion, would have been worthless had they not been added. Pets however was neat as is but the addition of werewolves allows for even more horror themes and of course I'm a lycanaddict so I'm perky. Sure, the werewolves look like they're from Teen Wolf or just really hairy amish men.. but to be fair.. the first werewolf movies were just some guy with hair glued onto his face...
Advertisement
#2 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 1:50 PM
Well see that's the beauty of the sims. There's something for everyone. Not everyone is going to pick the same expansion as their favorite. Some people love OfB, others don't...and that's perfectly fine.

I got pets yesterday and I didn't wind up with much time to play it last night so I've not had the proper amount of play time to fall in love with it yet By the time I got it installed last night it was 8:30 PM so I went to bed around 10'ish so I could get up in a decent time for work.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:04 PM
i remeber when sims 2 1st came out i spent alllllllllllllllllllllllllll day onit! i was so addicted to it! but i can't wait to get my new pc so that i'll be able to play the sims 2 pets!
#4 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 6:55 AM
I used to play daily until my old computer died. It was really hard not being able to play. It is very addictive. I recently got to start fresh with Pets and I am very obsessed.
#5 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 10:31 PM
I agree, I think the EPs are getting better and better. I honestly can't see why some people get so angry with these expansion packs. Maxis ALWAYS delivers more than I expect, on hundreds of levels. Ever since nightlife I've been completely in awe with each EP and the detail they put into them. Some things could be improved, but I'm satisfied. I'm generally a satisfied person
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:50 AM
I am dissapointed with Pets because it didn't change the game in a huge way for me. But I'm not ANGRY with Maxis over the pack. I just never really wanted Pets and expected to be dissapointed.
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 1:02 AM
I agree, Maxis has gotten better with each new expansion, so people need to stop whining so much about things. After all, they always listen to what the people demand most. They said they'd never make an EP centered around pets, but look what they do, they do it anyways to please the fans, and then they still complain about it or bash them for not shipping on time.

I think Maxis has done a great job with every expansion. And even the boring university one at least came with the guitars and such. I can't wait to see what fresh new Ideas they reel out for the coming expansions. And if they continue the suprises like they did with OFB, then I'm sure In Season will be a much bigger and better game than basically a stuff pack with weather.