Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 10:32 PM
Default The Pets PatchES
Has anyone seen this in their mailbox at the offical cess pool, I mean board:

Pets Patches Coming [delete]

Hi everyone,
We wanted to let you know that we are working on two patches for the Pets Expansion Pack. The first patch will address the backward compatibility problems that occurred when creating Sims using the version of BodyShop that was included in Pets. This patch is close to being finished and we hope to have it released before the end of the year.

The second patch will address many of the reported game play issues that have been found in Pets and we plan to have this delivered early in the new year.

Stay tuned for more information on these patches, and thank you for alerting us on these issues.

-The Sims Team

Two patches? Too difficult to make one.....??

THIS year?? This is Jan! They 'will released it THIS year'?!? That's the best date they can come up with?? Seasons is due in what 20 somethinG days and Pets doesn't work right and may not for the reast of the year??

This is very bad tidings for Seasons.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mutantbunny
Hi everyone,
We wanted to let you know that we are working on two patches for the Pets Expansion Pack. The first patch will address the backward compatibility problems that occurred when creating Sims using the version of BodyShop that was included in Pets. This patch is close to being finished and we hope to have it released before the end of the year.

The second patch will address many of the reported game play issues that have been found in Pets and we plan to have this delivered early in the new year.

[snip]

Two patches? Too difficult to make one.....??

The patch in question was released in December. They meant the end of last year.

I believe they made the separate bodyshop patch, because it was a simpler and more pressing issue to cover. This way simmers in the community and exchange wouldn't have as many compatibility problems, instead of watiing for them to fix ALL the bugs at once.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:07 PM
No. Look at the date of the email. Today. They are not talking about that body shop patch out last year.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 12:13 AM
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 3:23 AM
Why the heck is this in the seasons forum?

Moving thread ... please try to post in the proper forums in the future.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 5:54 PM
I don't have a message like this in my inbox on the site... although I do recall having a similar message last year before they released the Bodyshop Patch.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't have a message like this in my inbox on the site... although I do recall having a similar message last year before they released the Bodyshop Patch.

Same.. I got that exact message, but in December.

Grr that second patch is taking ages. ):

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Why the heck is this in the seasons forum?

Moving thread ... please try to post in the proper forums in the future.

Sorry. Brain fart....

Well I don't check my mail there often. The date says yesterday. I went back and looked again at it. Maybe it's just a Maxis stupid thing glitchy dates...

Whatever, still the Pets patch isn't out, Seasons almost is! I want my patch! I want my patch!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 10:05 PM
Yeah, when I went to look at the mail, all the dates were Jan. 22 (the day I looked at it) and June 2006. I think it dates the e-mails by when you first looked at them, not when they were sent. Oh, Maxis. >_<
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 11:39 PM
Yeah I found that with messages on the official site - I have stuff that was obviously from last year dated much more recently. Not sure why it does that.
Theorist
#11 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 12:17 AM
At Snooty Sims Geminiagre pointed out a message that MaxoidSam posted on the BBS. The Pets patch is coming out next week, so we won't have to worry about still having a buggy Pets game when Seasons comes out.
Stupid people are stupid
#12 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
At Snooty Sims Geminiagre pointed out a message that MaxoidSam posted on the BBS. The Pets patch is coming out next week, so we won't have to worry about still having a buggy Pets game when Seasons comes out.

Well, that's nice to know. I really thought they would include the Pets patch in Seasons...
Theorist
#13 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 6:20 PM
Maybe they will do that too? I thought the expansions always included the patches, or at least I think it was like that with The Sims 1, correct me if I'm wrong.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:31 PM
FINALLY! Patch is up at the BBS.

Nice, we can play Pets without glitches and bugs for what something like two weeks? before Seasons comes out.

I am so NOT buying Seasons! I will wait until the patch for it comes out and play Pets bug free until then.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 6:35 PM
Yay Patch! About time..

Although I'm a bit scared to patch my game -- does anyone know if you really need to use/ insert the Pets CD during patching?

I don't have the CD anymore namely. ):

Theorist
#16 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 6:47 PM
Oh it's already up, I thought it wouldn't be up until tomorrow! Let's hope that this patch isn't more trouble than it's worth. Yes, I'm backing up my files. The patch doesn't fix the flashing blue accessories bug though? I don't see it on the list of fixes! :confused:
Field Researcher
#17 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Oh it's already up, I thought it wouldn't be up until tomorrow! Let's hope that this patch isn't more trouble than it's worth. Yes, I'm backing up my files. The patch doesn't fix the flashing blue accessories bug though? I don't see it on the list of fixes! :confused:

- Extra erroneous panes in the "Glasses" category have been removed.

So I think it's fixed?

Stupid people are stupid
#18 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 7:14 PM
hmm, the problem with the "deleteAllCharacters" cheat isn't fixed. And there are a lot more problems which aren't solved. So i hope they will make another patch.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 8:27 PM
I jumped in with both feet--no back up, no CD required. All seems ok. The first time I tried to go to a community lot it crashed which was a problem I was having before the patch (which I reproted on their online form) and that definitely was not addressed according to their list. Damn EA anyway. A second patch is needed, yes.

I am soo boycotting Seasons. Who the hell wants to play a game that is all buggy and glitchy and half working--for months and months and the company doesn't really care about it anyway?!? Not I!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 1:25 AM
That is a very short list of fixes.

Hopefully more bugs will be squashed with the Season EP?

Please call me Ace
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 7:27 AM
Finally a patch! ... Wait this patch doesn't fix all issues? EAGames, must make a second patch... err... Wait they already mention 2 patches... in that case They MUST make a thirth one!

Maybe more bugfixes will be included in seasons. It wouldn't be the first time they would do something like that. If I remember correctly they corrected some bugs from 'Family fun' in 'glamour'! (and where not included in family fun patch) So they might do that again with pets and seasons... So the list of fixes wouldn't be 100 pages or so...
Instructor
#22 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 8:16 AM
Ehm, sorry, stupid question but... I've got Pets in DVD. In the patch download page there are 2 links: one for CD and one for "digital download"... no one for DVD (while The Sims2 patch exists in CD and DVD version). Which one should I download???
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 8:27 AM
aalyahI just realised after reading the last post that i have the same problem. I got pets on dvd (my first sim game or ep in dvd) and i want to patch..uhmmm
*goes off to official site to pick and prod* :stick:

Vaalyah, they only have the dvd version of the patch for the sims2. Do you have the dvd version for other eps? If so, which patch did you download back then?
I'm guessing maybe it won't make a difference.. :confused:

I just read on the BBs, in the thread for technical help, that the patches released are for the cd version, and for those who downloaded the game.
So i'm guessing the dvd version will be coming out sooniish?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vaalyah
Ehm, sorry, stupid question but... I've got Pets in DVD. In the patch download page there are 2 links: one for CD and one for "digital download"... no one for DVD (while The Sims2 patch exists in CD and DVD version). Which one should I download???

Wait, You made me realise... I have the DVD version too(they never sold the cd version of pets here). Luckily I didn't install the patch yet... Don't tell me that we have to wait another century for the dvd patch... :grumble:

Could We start a petition for a dvd patch AND more problems fixed in these patches?

(I have the cd version of all other games, because they weren't sold on dvd here)
Forum Resident
#25 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 1:51 PM
i just patched it now only time will tell if it works lol
Page 1 of 4