Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 6239 times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 9:16 PM
Default Strays-how to adopt them?
Here is the issue: i saw this absolutely gorgeous stray cat and my sim played with it and tried to befriend it to be able to adopt it but the problem is that since that day that it appeared in the lot it never came back.I badly wanted to adopt this cat and argh it disappeared now.I watch the road everyday in case it drops by again but no luck.How do you adopt strays?

You will find my older and newest creations here
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 9:21 PM
I think (not totally sure) that an option comes up eventually when the relationships are high enough, but you could just summon the cat to the lot somehow (inSIM, whatever), activate testingcheats, and Shift + Click on it to get the "Make Selectable" option. The only thing missing with this method is the correct memory, but that never bothered me. :shrug:
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 9:23 PM
Aren't the stray ones available from the adoption bin as well? Like when you phone to adopt a pet or go to the store to buy one? You get to select them there.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 9:31 PM
I would prefer not to cheat and i dont have any hacks for that reason.The thing is i had a decent relationship score but the cat didnt appear in my lot since then so it dropped back to 0 lol Croco i called the adoption service but the cat wasnt amongst the pets there. Oh well i shall wait till it appears again i guess, no biggie :-P Thank you.

#5 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 2:35 PM
Are you sure it was a stray? If it was owned by someone else, sometimes those pets don't come by as often.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 5:59 PM
Hmm i am not sure if it was a stray or not now that you mention, that is if pets from subhoods visit your mainhood also.What i am saying is that i started a brand new neighborhood so that cat certainly isnt someone's pet in my main hood but i don't know if it comes from downtown or college or the shopping district.

Do pets from subhoods visit you also?
Also another question i dont have frequent visits in my lots either by pets or sims, is this normal? I mean i just see 1-2 strays per day passing by.

Thanks musiquefille!

Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 6:10 PM
This is one of my main objections to and problems with Sims2 Pets. With the original Sims, I could easily adopt strays by interacting with them in on looong sesssion but at the end I got the "adopt" option. I have NEVER been able to replicate this in Sims2 Pets. NEVER. The pet never stays around long enough on the first visit to get higher then 25, the there is no further option for interaction. It's only "shoo" or "chase off". And then the pet NEVER visits the lot again. The only exceptions are the "leaders of the pack" who I've never been able to get a high relationship with. So NEVER had a werewolf in the game.

I know these are really strays since I've been playing the game so long in multiple Maxi's and custom neighborhoods. And, no, they do not come up under the Pet Adoption option. I have had to resort to the boolprop cheat to add them to my family but then they never age at all. The family ages and the pet never, never ages even one day. So if they're working, they never get to retire. When my sims die, their pet is still at the end of the baby stage and they must be rehomed.

I thought this was some wacky glitch in my game and I have reinstalled it twice but no improvement. For me there is no other way to adopt than by a cheat so it makes playing Legacy impossible if I want to follow the rules. If there is any way to change this situation, please someone post it!!

Oh and BTW my pet "Pass bys" are very infrequent also. Some days, none at all!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 6:13 PM
Eeek edejan that sucks! I will keep trying also and if i figure out how to do it i'll mention it.

So if you add with a cheat the pet never ages? That's weird again.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 8:53 PM
I've been able to interact with a stray long enough to adopt them several times. I really kept at it, switching interactions constantly, never letting them alone for a moment and never letting "razzle" take long. I was able to get the relationship up just enough to get the pet. I've always done this at the sim's home even though pets pass by on community lots.

I have also had times when the animal's just left and never come back. These seem to have gotten rarer after I figured out my "love 'em quickly" approach, but they've happened. I used to be wary of all hacks and cheats, but then I loosened up. It's not like summoning a dog is going to give the family instant cash and promotions. And even if you have an all-purpose hack like the InSim, that doesn't mean you have to use all of its functions. If you really, really want that stray and nothing else seems to work, try a summon. If it increases your enjoyment of the game without stealing its challenge, why not go for it?

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
#10 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 8:54 PM
Just pet or snuggle the pet over and over again until you become friends, and you will get the option. I usually do it the first time the sim meets the pet...maybe I'm just lucky?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 9:33 PM
Thank you kismetrose and catwalk! I managed to adopt 2 pets since then but it took forever since the pets kept leaving before i had the chance to have a high relationship with them.

I really needed more walkbys to get more chances so after i posted in the WCIF berg pointed me to this hack http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=213064 .Guess what i installed it and the first pet that walked by was that cat i desperately wanted and couldnt find again all these days!

I used a trick however , after i greeted it i used the maxmotives cheat cause it seems the reason pets leave is because of low motives. Well in short i managed to adopt it and i am so happy!!

So i guess for better chances this "more walkbys" hack and max motives cheat helps a lot!

Thank you to all!

Here 's a pic, cat is named Kim! hihi Sirona has 2 more cats also adopted strays.

Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer who lives under a rock
#12 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 11:10 PM
Well if you don't mind hacks (I thought you didn't want them) then you could use my teleporter to get the stray onto your lot and move it in immediately.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 11:22 PM
I don't mind a little hack, but i guess i prefer hacks that don't shout "i cheated" lol This one just makes visitors walk by more often :-P and i still have to do the rest of the "work". Because i enjoy playing .But i did get your reservable beds :-P Thank you.

#14 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 4:44 PM
Also if you don't mind hacks, much safer than the boolprop one is the just the Insim relations adjuster. Give your relationship with the pet a little boost when they are on the lot and then do the rest until you are friendly enough to adopt it. Another way to get them before they run off too quickly. Then you legitimately adopt them and they will age correctly and everything.

I would never just keep a pet selectable on my lot. That is bound to cause bugs of all sorts to pop up and they might just snap out of being selectable when restarting the game.
#15 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 2:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvidophile2
Hmm i am not sure if it was a stray or not now that you mention, that is if pets from subhoods visit your mainhood also.

You could put on all your pets collars to know that if it is a stray or not.

Thats what I do.

Lea

Section jump