Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2007 at 11:32 PM
Default How do you even get sunburn?
I so desperatly want a sim to get sunburnt but i have no clue had to do it! It might sound like a stupid question but..how do you get them sunburnttt?!?!?!

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th May 2007 at 11:42 PM
you leave them outside for a really long time when its hot and they will eventually turn red.... it may take a while though.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Stupid people are stupid
#3 Old 21st May 2007 at 8:00 AM
I heard you have to leave your sims napping outside in their bathingsuit... Tried it with several sims for days, but it never happened...
#4 Old 21st May 2007 at 8:37 PM
Just make them wear outwear in summer outside, while drinking tomato juice.:D

EDIT: Oh, wait, no, that makes them have a heat stroke. I'm not sure if they get a sunburn, too.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd May 2007 at 9:19 AM
lol yeah but when its summer in my game the highest temp is 18 *sarcastic* yeah thats boiling hot! :P
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:41 PM
I've had the same problem. I've left them outside for ages. I put a lounger in a nice sunny spot (no shadows) and left the sim out there for most of the day for several days and she just didn't get sub-burn.

I've got no custom skins or anything like that which could mess it up.

Maybe it only works on really hot days and I've just got to keep trying.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:00 PM
Try watching the thermometer near your sim's portrait. If the thermometer is full of red, it's probably gonna get sunburn. Either that or we go with the outerwear-in-the-summer plan.
#8 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:19 PM
its acctually not a silly question as it doen't say in the gaem manual at all (it all doesn't say how to freeze them but i managed that first day of playing) but i wouyld say leave them in a sunny spot that is defently sunny (turn shadows on whilst you place the lounger)then let them just have fun in the sun (let them swim if they have a pool but in it's sunny areas)then once there starting to get tired let them grill a hot dog and eat it in the sun then retire them to the sun lounger for a nap (in the sun). just let them go about every day buissenes in the sun or let them mess around in the sun and then they should get sunburnt (also iut would probally help if they got hot)
Scholar
#9 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:20 PM
I've been wondering, does the sunburn really work on custom skins? From what I've heard they are supposed to, but I still haven't seen any sunburn. My sims was making out with her husband, and red went all the way up, but she still didn't get the burn. Maybe she needed to be outside?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th May 2007 at 5:29 AM
I've had one Sim get sunburn, and I believe her skin is custom, but I could be wrong. Just leave them out until their temp bar gets red.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th May 2007 at 3:59 PM
My sims have never got sun burnt. but I guess this is because I have never tried. One of my sims did die of the cold though in winter.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th May 2007 at 4:33 PM
My sims never get sunburnt....Not even leaving them outside in the sun asleep.....They don't explode either, even when I left them in the hot tub for several hours. Their meter was red and kind of glowed, but no heat stroke and no exploding sims. They do freeze though....Strange.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Scholar
#13 Old 31st May 2007 at 7:00 PM
ive never managed a sim to get sun burnt and i dont knwo if i had oen freeze yet im a bit confussed really becaus ei had one sim get turned blue and i kept them out side longer because i wanted to see if theyd fall and freeze but they didnt they just stayed blue and would complain but that was it, until i gave up and suck them inside hwre ethey eventually warmed up enough to get changed back to the normal skin tone rather annoying

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st May 2007 at 7:38 PM
Yeh, i carnt get enough of them freezing, they carn't even have a waterbaloon fight IN THE SUMMER without freezing JEEZE!

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Scholar
#15 Old 31st May 2007 at 9:29 PM
Err...this is strange...I have never had anyone actually freeze either, or get sunburnt, or burn up! I have had at least 2 townies die from lightning though, and have had a bush catch on fire from lightning at the moment the rains stopped, so I had to call the fire brigade.

Simblr
Instructor
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 6:25 AM
I had one sim run on a treadmill for DAYS during the summer, outside, and she just wouldn't get sunburn, or combust, or do anything. I even took out Paladin's hack, too, so I dunno what was going on. None of sims have ever frozen, either, although they have turned blue..

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:24 PM
I left a sim in the hot tub for hours everyday during the summer...nothing ever happend, not even a sunburn. I wanted to see if they reall combusted :-\
I did have a sim freezes to death though. You have to leave them outside for a really long time. They freeze and fall over a couple times until their hunger meter bar gets to low, eventually the grim reaper comes for them.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 7:25 PM
Heheh.
I like to watch my sims burn. But I got a really bad buisness rating when about 3 sims combusted in the hot-tub on a home-buisness lot. xD
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 1:10 AM
Today one of my sims had a heatstroke and her skin turned red. She had custom skin so it's possible to get a suburn with custom skin. I'm just gald she didn't burst into flames
Scholar
#20 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modestgurl88
Today one of my sims had a heatstroke and her skin turned red. She had custom skin so it's possible to get a suburn with custom skin. I'm just gald she didn't burst into flames

Oh! Tell us more about the circumstances - I am curious, maybe I can reproduce it! :D

Simblr
Theorist
#21 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 5:41 PM
I did have a Sim get a nasty burn from living in a room with one of those special fluorescent lamps from the garden centre that keep greenhouse plants and plantsims healthy. The lamp was installed in the room for the benefit of a plantsim.
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by digital_hannah
Oh! Tell us more about the circumstances - I am curious, maybe I can reproduce it! :D

She was my legacy sim. She had basically no house was outside during the summer and drinking a lot of coffee in order to stay up to learn more skills .
Scholar
#23 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modestgurl88
She was my legacy sim. She had basically no house was outside during the summer and drinking a lot of coffee in order to stay up to learn more skills .

Okay thanks, I'll try to do something like that! :smash:

Simblr
#24 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:05 PM
the sunburn, is just an overlay, like a vampire, so having a custom skin wont mess it up.

but, i havent gotten on eather, except for one time...which was on a custom skin, and it was in the middle of winter, it was a glitch i supose. But it only lasted cuople of minutes.

You have to wait for when its REALLY hot, sort of like during winter, to freeze a sim, it has to be really cold.

good luck
#25 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:08 PM
what does it look like when they combust?