Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 6:07 PM
RabidAngel77, sorry it took so long to respond but I had to go to the market. You are not bothering me at all so ask away. Once your sims purchase a vacation home it is theirs and it passes along just like business lots if the sim who owns it dies. The only thing I hate is that your family cannot live there but can only visit for a given time.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by petallotus
RabidAngel77, sorry it took so long to respond but I had to go to the market. You are not bothering me at all so ask away. Once your sims purchase a vacation home it is theirs and it passes along just like business lots if the sim who owns it dies. The only thing I hate is that your family cannot live there but can only visit for a given time.

Don't worry about fast responses- we all have lives outside the internet . Thanks for responding, at all.

One more question, if you don't mind. Can University students go on vacation?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:23 PM
The book says that Young Adults-Elder are the only ones that can book a vacation so I am going to say yes. Anyways what would college be like without Spring Break.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:48 PM
Thank you so much for putting up with my questions :D! Now I want this game more than ever.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Forum Resident
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:56 PM
Hey Petallotus! It's really nice of you to do this for us who are guide-less.
Earlier, you mentioned:
"There are Specialty Lots to help create vacation lots

Hotel Specialty Lots: BV Inn (5 rooms), BV Grand Hotel (5 rooms)"

Could you possibly describe this a bit more (if the guide does anyway). If not, thanks anyway for giving us all this information.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:00 PM
The only other information the guide gives on these two is that BV Grand Hotel is the more expensive one, other than that no other details on the two.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:03 PM
Oh right thanks anyway. I didn't think there'd be much more info. Guess we'll have to find out in the game.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 8:41 AM
BV start looking a bit more interesting than I first thought it would. Especially for my witch sims who is going to have to work to get those new interesting objects :evil:

Can you take toddlers to a vacation?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Can you take toddlers to a vacation?

The developers already said that you can't bring babies or toddlers on vacation. They said that they wouldn't have enough to do there. Psssh.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ambnumber11
The developers already said that you can't bring babies or toddlers on vacation. They said that they wouldn't have enough to do there. Psssh.

I guess they do have a point really. Other than eating sand what else could toddlers do? And if you took a baby, they can't do anything and they wouldn't age either. I don't see why you'd want to take them really, unless your going to a vacation home maybe.
#36 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 6:58 PM
Why not? I mean, babies do learn from things too, so its early exposure to new things and places.
Instructor
#37 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 8:32 PM
Real babies and toddlers benefit from going places with their families. Sim babies and toddlers can't. And though it would have been cute to have them playing in the sand, that can be done on a beach home lot and it wouldn't have been very much fun for sims to have to wake up in the middle of the night everynight of their vacation to tend to awake toddlers. Plus I doubt the room service in the hotels provide bottles. X) Besides the beach, the other activities that are included in BV are geared towards older sims.

*fingers crossed that the next expansion will give the little tykes more to do at home*

Dream
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 10:15 AM
This information is very good. Thank-you so much!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 9:56 AM
Thanks for all the information...

Quote: Originally posted by petallotus
Benefits:
Benefits Effect
Carefree Sims get an extra want slot for 48 hours

Does that benefit also means that sims who have completed university (and already have 6 want slots), will have a 7th slot for 48 hours?
I wonder how that would look like
#40 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 10:29 AM
Question about extra want slots, I have had sims who get aspiration bonuses without fulfilling any aspirations. I assume they fulfil some hidden aspiration. This usually happens while dating or flirting with other sims.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 1:50 PM
Does the guide have anything to say about certain skills enabling easier learning of the dances in each location? My sim took about 4 sim hours to learn the Fire Dance and I was wondering if there was some way to speed it up?

Thanks for all the info you're giving in here. It's much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 7:01 PM
FrootLoop, I don't have my guide handy at the moment, I let my cousin borrow it but I do remember it saying something about learning stuff on vacation about making sure your sims had lots of time on their hands to acquire skills.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 7:07 PM
This is a very nice thing for you to do and I thank you for this. Since I'm getting my copy later this week I really don't have much to ask... except, is it true that those hidden H&M female child outfits are in BV? Because I could have sworn I saw them in a pic and so I deleted them assuming it was true. Thank you for everything! Also you might want to check the entire outfits to see if any are not iconed because I know for Happy Holiday Stuff they are not iconed and they are not even ordered last like most new outfits are supposed to be. Just a thought.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 12:12 AM
frankie, I am not sure if they were hidden or not, but there are three outfits that are three female child outfits exactly like those in HM. And they are iconed. It was really no problem posting of the stuff but you are welcome. Here are the pictures of the three outfits
#45 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 12:24 AM
Do you have to take a holiday in just one location (e.g. the mountain resort) or can you change location midway through the holiday (e.g. move to the far east resort after a day or something)
And how please?
Field Researcher
#46 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 12:33 AM
I know the maxiods have said that you have to return home to go from mountain to Asia or Tropical, but that you can book a new holiday right away.

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 4:56 AM
Yes, you have to do it the maxis way - you can only go to one vacation neighbourhood at a time, and you can't transfer over while there.
#48 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 6:34 AM
I love that you can now choose which and how many sims to take with you when going to a community lot. That alone was worth the ep !
Another cool thing is the 45 vacation memories you can gather! That gives us a mission and therefore more to do.
Thanks for the tips btw!
Mad Poster
#49 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 8:44 AM
Thank you for the photos, as they are exactly the ones that were supposed to be for H&M but were hidden and now when I get BV I won't have to keep the former three.

Actually, I was reading the preview of the guide and it mentioned a discount for booking a honeymoon and it also mentioned that while on the vacation spot and unmarried, your actual vacation time won't begin until you do get married. Well, what I want to know is how much is it to book a honeymoon and is it just airfare or do you still have to pay for lodging/food, etc.? Also, when you go on a honeymoon, could you stay at the vacation destination for, say, a month unmarried and then when you finally get married is when the vacation time starts? I guess I was just a bit confused with how long you would have to be unmarried on a vacation spot. Regardless, thank you for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 11:43 AM
Just a question. In the chat it mentioned that the items you bring home can be arranged on the selves to bring benefits, depending on the arrangement. Does it say anything about these benefits and what arrangements cause them?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Page 2 of 3