Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 7:50 PM
Default Who in the US has it?
Ok, I'm on a wild hunt. Best Buy disappointed me. they had the last EP on the day it was released but not Free Time I swear, Free Time is the first thing I thought of this morning and the last thing I thought of before i went to bed last night. And now I'm stuck at work and won't be able to go to Game Stop til tomorrow I'm afraid
Who in the US has gotten it? And where did you get it from?
Advertisement
#2 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 7:56 PM
Don't think it'll be out in any actual store until tomorrow? I know the EB Games I preordered from swears it'll be there tomorrow.
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:06 PM
The best buy near me advertises it as coming out tomorrow at 2pm
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:10 PM
You could always do a Digital Download from EA. Unless you're weary about downloading from them. Trust me it's the fastest way to get the game IMO. It takes about an hour if you have a DSL connection, I have one. And the pre-release download thingie is @ 1AM EST.

It's possibly PM, not sure.

#5 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:17 PM
I have called Best Buy, Games Stop, Walmart, and Target. They all say it comes out tomorrow for the US.
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:21 PM
I searched up and down for it today - nobody has it. Where I live, Walmart is the only place that sells games, and they didn't even know what it was! They said they weren't sure when they'd get it, and had no answers for me.

So I did the digital download thing for the first time, because I'm desperate! I can't wait to be able to actually download it, though.
Alchemist
#7 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:36 PM
I'm in Canada, and about to grab a copy! I'll be playing tonight !
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:40 PM
In the Cleveland area, Walmart, Best Buy, Babbages, EB Games and Target are all getting it in tomorrow. So close, and yet so far!

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:49 PM
i thought i heard that it was on sale on feb 28? thats what one of the ea people said in a walk through video. i think my dad said a wal mart in timonium is selling it feb 28 too. does this possibly mean i don't have to wait 2 extra days?! O_O
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:55 PM
At the walmart here in Killeen Texas, they a have huge sign up in the game section saying it will be there on the 28th.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:03 PM
Yep, at one of the Targets where I live, a sign says it'll be out on the 28th.

I still don't understand why the US gets Free Time later than Australia and Canada when TS2 is made in the US. Not that I have anything against the other countries, I would just think it'd be logical to release a game out first where it was made.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Alchemist
#12 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:03 PM
I got it this morning. Can't tell ya where lol
Forum Resident
#13 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Yep, at one of the Targets where I live, a sign says it'll be out on the 28th.

I still don't understand why the US gets Free Time later than Australia and Canada when TS2 is made in the US. Not that I have anything against the other countries, I would just think it'd be logical to release a game out first where it was made.

the Target where i work says the 28th too... our electronics guy (though admittadly not the best of sources) said that the release date is the 28th and anyone caught selling it before then will get a big fat fine. eh... i'm just waiting for my store to get it in so i can use my discount :D

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:17 PM
i just called the game stop nearest me and they said they were getting it tomorrow. i was driving myself crazy redialing because i kept getting a busy signal.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:34 PM
I got mine today because I preordered from Gamestop online with overnight shipping.
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:39 PM
I checked out the local GameStop and Best Buy here in Indiana...neither had it yet so I am just going to digitally download it tomorrow. Seems to be the quickest way to get the new EP every time where I live.
#17 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:44 PM
Yeah, I couldn't get it..
Target's sign said the 28th but I asked them to check anyway and they looked at their shipment of games today and didn't have it at all.
Best Buy didn't even know what I was talking about.. but I don't think the person I asked would know if they were getting it soon.. He was like, isn't there already a million of those games? Are you looking for The Sims 3? :P
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:50 PM
It's been snowing for a couple of hours, so I won't be going to GameStop today. But I'm gonna stop by tomorrow to see if they have it.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 10:03 PM
Just call the local EB Games... They'll have it tomorrow.

Good thing I preorded there...
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 10:45 PM
I can't wait to get it but I'm still waiting for my paycheck to arrive (was supposed to last Friday) so I guess even if it had come out today at Best Buy, Target, etc., I would still have to wait.
Inventor
#21 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 10:57 PM
I was gonna wait to see if it was worth it or had too many bugs (and because I'm broke...) but after the screenies I've seen I'll probably get it tomorrow.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:10 AM
just got a phone call from gamestop. my game will be in tomorrow afternoon yay!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by palisim
Ok, I'm on a wild hunt. Best Buy disappointed me. they had the last EP on the day it was released but not Free Time I swear, Free Time is the first thing I thought of this morning and the last thing I thought of before i went to bed last night. And now I'm stuck at work and won't be able to go to Game Stop til tomorrow I'm afraid
Who in the US has gotten it? And where did you get it from?

I pre-ordered from gamestop, and purchased overnight shipping. I got it delivered around 1 PM PST today by UPS.
Alchemist
#24 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:23 AM
It totally raises the fun factor. I'm loving it
#25 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:24 AM
I called my local Target and they had it in earlier but they are sold out! They also told me the other Targets in the area are sold out as well. Darn! I didn't call sooner since the ad said it would be available Thursday, I didn't think they'd have any today.
Page 1 of 4