Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:11 PM
Default The official Lifetime Aspiration Benefit Points appreciation thread
So after messing around with different aspiration benefits, I eventually tried all of them.

And let me say, I have fallen in love with the highest options!

First I found out smooth talk ~ oh how I love it. It lets me make two sims who even have really bad chemistry fall in love! And then being able to make up after you get caught cheating: lifesaver!

Then there was the increased chance of twins ~ I have HORRIBLE luck when it comes to getting twins, and cheats ruin the randomness of it. So when I created two couples and had them both check that option, they got TWO sets of twins in a row!

All of the other options are amazing too, like three-way calling, pleading for your job, not to mention slower need decays...

Don't you all just love them too?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 6:07 PM
Love the personal business perk, just have several fortune sims with the 3rd perk and watch as you start your own corporate office.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 1:01 AM
My favourite is the 80% chance card success one. That's always the first one I aim to get.
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 2:38 AM
Is it when you get all the benefits you can possibly get that you reach platinum for life aspiration now? because I have two LTP Sims who never reached their lifetime want, and the only thing they have in common is they have all their benefit points.
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:04 AM
If your Lifetime Aspiration bar is full (you get all reward points), you will be in Permaplat.
#6 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 5:49 PM
i love that financial things best. like when the sim gets a boost in their salary because they can negotiate. that's really cool and my favorite. i like how the sims can give financial advice also for extra cash.
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Webster54
i love that financial things best. like when the sim gets a boost in their salary because they can negotiate. that's really cool and my favorite. i like how the sims can give financial advice also for extra cash.

I love the give financial advice and play the stockmarket benefit. I also like the summon aliens one, though the few times I've tried to summon them, they didnt arrive.
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:44 PM
The Plead with Social Worker one rules, as I've had hot kids jumping on the bed and in comes the social worker to take them, and mommy pleads so endearingly--and gets to keep the monsters, lol! The financial one rocks too--my sim has made a substantial amount of money loaning out advice.
#9 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 11:40 AM
all of them are good =)
especially the 80% chance card and faster skill learning(knowledge)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 1:24 PM
Just tried the "Impart Knowledge" from the Knowledge Sim rewards. It's great!

Oh yeah, the Granny's Comfort Soup in the Family Sims rewards--what does it do again? Does it alleviate hunger?
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 1:45 PM
It alleviates hunger, increases comfort, and cures any sickness.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 3:58 PM
The slower need decays option is a bless. I also like the financial 'goodies' too! Can't wait to try the rest ! I think the grilled cheese options are interesting too, but I'm not very fond of all that grilled cheese invading my simmie's wants... :P
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th May 2008 at 6:30 AM
Lol, I like the Conjure grilled cheese option, its hilarious. I'm not sure the Lifetime perks can compete with the Business perks from OFB - but used in conjunction, you can reach "success" pretty easily!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 9th May 2008 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by White Queen
The slower need decays option is a bless. I also like the financial 'goodies' too! Can't wait to try the rest ! I think the grilled cheese options are interesting too, but I'm not very fond of all that grilled cheese invading my simmie's wants... :P

I have not played much with freetime, but Granny's soup is awesome!!!! Especially if your family makes others angry .... kicking over the trash can and the following ........ stomping on roaches mindlessly ... well Gran's soup is great! Cures it all!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th May 2008 at 4:43 PM
Yep, really love Granny's soup and the smooth talk option. I have a soap opera (or possibly daytime talk show) couple with a violent and adulterous male. Now I can make his wife inexplicably still love him without cheating! Yay!

(yes, I know, I should be nicer to my sims..)
Forum Resident
#16 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:21 AM
I love Summon Aliens, now I don't have to cheat or wait to get an alien baby, I can just get the male to do it.

Although it takes forever to fill the Lifetime Aspiriation all the way up. I did a test with my who begun as a toddler, I fulfilled her every want right up until she almost graduted from University. She had 47 hours in Senior and before she graduted when she filled the bar up (She filled her Lifetime want up too, Max 7 skills, by the way, can kids learn faster then adults in skills?). If she hadn't gone to uni, she would probably have almost been an elder before she got it.
#17 Old 13th May 2008 at 8:41 PM
Oh my. Yes, I have to vote for the conjure Grilled Cheese bit. I mean, I wouldn't of my own volition play a Grilled Cheese Sim, but then Maxis had to go and gift us with Natasha Una from Des Valley. Anyhow, the whole 'Paint Grilled Cheese' option also worked out quite well with her,that artistic soul. So. On a whole I've had the most fun with those options. Magic grilled cheese on vacation is simply wonderful :bow2: .

In any case, the other aspiration things are fun as well. But none are Natasha.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th May 2008 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
I love Summon Aliens, now I don't have to cheat or wait to get an alien baby, I can just get the male to do it.

Although it takes forever to fill the Lifetime Aspiriation all the way up. I did a test with my who begun as a toddler, I fulfilled her every want right up until she almost graduted from University. She had 47 hours in Senior and before she graduted when she filled the bar up (She filled her Lifetime want up too, Max 7 skills, by the way, can kids learn faster then adults in skills?). If she hadn't gone to uni, she would probably have almost been an elder before she got it.

Actually, she would have gotten it as an adult quickly I believe because wouldn't she have gotten a point for becoming an adult and getting married and having a kid that she couldn't get in uni?
#19 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 4:15 AM
The twins one really came back to bite me heehee. I checked it on my male family sim because I didn't have anything else to check and figured, hey, they're not having any more children anyway... so then he gets abducted by aliens... and has twins! Gah!
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:23 PM
The one i have been dying to try out is the one at the very top for Knowledge people. They can hitch a ride on a flying saucer! Amazing!
Scholar
#21 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:58 PM
The greatest for me is the twins perk. It's just....amazing to get 4 rows of twins in my game...

Hey there! :)
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:34 AM
The twins perk is the one I hate most, but I have mods to select a twin birth if I feel like it (or to adjust the odds upwards for everyone, if I wanted.) I love the soup, and the smooth talk is nice.
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:04 AM
The one I am enjoying the most is sort of hidden if you have a benifit point spare for the day they turn teen you can get other LTW by having a secondary aspiration.
It appears that when you give your teen a secondary aspiration the just after the age transition it adds the secondary aspiration wants to the list of LTW that can be got for that sim. I have a knowledge teen with a secondary aspiration of family with the LTW of
graduate 3 kids from college.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:09 AM
Top five: comfort soup (every household must have a family Sim!), the eureka! knowledge sim perk, the make-friends-easily popularity perk, the investing fortune perk, and perhaps the 80% chance card work perk. Since Popuarlity and Fortune have to be the primary aspiration to get those two highest perks, family and knowledge are usually shifted to secondary.
#25 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:30 AM
The only ones i bother with are the slower need decays and maybe a few of the lower family ones and all of the romance other then that they don't seem worth it. I used to have all sims have a secondary of fortune for the wage increase but i found it made the game to easy to accumulate all the money when some of them were suppose to be lower class.
Page 1 of 2