Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 11:53 PM
Default genie question?
where do you find him?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 12:06 AM
That's for you to find out!
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bille_182002
where do you find him?

all I will say it, you can't find him, the lamp will come to you in due time.
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 2:51 AM
You have to get a sim "in the zone" and he will come to you.
Alchemist
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:11 AM
The matchmaker lady dropped off a genie lamp on one of my lots and I'm not sure why. But I asked for wealth and got a few bags of money. Quite a bit of it, too. The two Sims I was playing with had a hideous daughter so I had her ask the genie for beauty and something weird has been going on ever since:
All night long people are coming to the door ringing the bell. All the time. Andrea Hogan, Dina, Don, almost every Maxis Sim around is coming to the door. I have no idea what's going on with that.
Oh, and you can ask the genie to bring back a dead Sim too. Problem is he came back a zombie!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:29 AM
Yes, this was all stated in the information provided before FT was released. Beauty is a wish where once granted everyone suddenly wants to be your friend because you're suddenly "beautiful." I know, it was not what I had wanted it to be, I would have preferred an alternative to the plastic surgery kit... it only makes more sense. As for your Sim coming back alive as a zombie, yes, it is just like in Uni with that career reward (or was it aspiration?) and if you did not give enough money to the grim reaper he would make your Sim a zombie. So in this case, I am thinking it just backfired maybe because your Sim who wished was low on aspiration or did not have a good relationship with the Sim you tried to revive, not sure, though.
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 6:10 AM
You can drop him using boolprop if you want to cheat.Type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.Shift click on your sim click on spawn and go to the third page.It's listed with the wishing well and voodoo doll.I've dropped plenty of these genies with this cheat.I don't like waiting for someone to bring it when I can drop it anytime.
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Yes, this was all stated in the information provided before FT was released. Beauty is a wish where once granted everyone suddenly wants to be your friend because you're suddenly "beautiful." I know, it was not what I had wanted it to be, I would have preferred an alternative to the plastic surgery kit... it only makes more sense. As for your Sim coming back alive as a zombie, yes, it is just like in Uni with that career reward (or was it aspiration?) and if you did not give enough money to the grim reaper he would make your Sim a zombie. So in this case, I am thinking it just backfired maybe because your Sim who wished was low on aspiration or did not have a good relationship with the Sim you tried to revive, not sure, though.

I had this problem.This has happened to me 3 times.My aspiration is platinum and my sim and the sim I was resurrecting were lovers when he died.Also my sim was in a good mood so this has to be a glitch.Hopefully it will be fixed when the patch is released.Also with that make beautiful wish I've had a lot of sims hit on my sim both male and female.I like that wish.It makes it easier to find love.The daily relationship goes up quick when talking to new sims.

Even your sims best friends find them attractive.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 6:43 AM
I resurected the old lady in Deserata (sp) Valley and she came back ok. In one of my other houses the genie dropped off the lamp randomly - I have no idea why as the sim that lived there hadn't even made it to half way in enthusiasm, and that wasn't even in his prefered hobby.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie

This could explain all the drop in's I had. I thought it was a glitch that everyone kept coming to visit the Aspir family, even in the dead of night, but now I'm trying to remember if beauty was one of the wishes I had Grampa ask of the genie.

I'll have to take notice on my other lots and see if the drop in rate is the same
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:19 PM
I had a sim practicing ballet for half the morning when the gypsy dropped by with the lamp. I was a little disappointed, though, because nothing happened when I wished for things. The genie just said "ok" and supposedly granted my wish. I wished for beauty twice and peace of mind once, and nothing happened. Darn EA and their glitches.
Theorist
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:37 PM
So the actual creature from FT is the zombie?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkestBlu
I had a sim practicing ballet for half the morning when the gypsy dropped by with the lamp. I was a little disappointed, though, because nothing happened when I wished for things. The genie just said "ok" and supposedly granted my wish. I wished for beauty twice and peace of mind once, and nothing happened. Darn EA and their glitches.

So are you now getting more sims coming to your door and ringing the bell? That's apparently what happens when you ask for beauty. And check your aspiration levels, the peace of mind wish is apparently supposed to fill your meters. Word is that these effects last forever but I'm not sure of that.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 4:01 AM
Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I was just in my university neighbourhood and had one of my sims call the matchmaker (she wants 51 first dates) and instead of the gypsy just arriving and waiting to be greeted, she delivered a lamp! I thought it must have been a coincidence so I had my sim call again but it happened again so I ended up with two lamps.
I haven't tried it in the regular neighbourhood, but it might be worth a try if you want a lamp.
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 11:22 AM
@FrootLoop: Nope. None of that's happening/happened. I'm waiting for another family to get the lamp, but it's not happened yet. I've got one family, he's almost got full enthusiasm in music and dance, and approaching half in film and literature, but he still hasn't gotten the lamp. His wife is about half in nature and working her way up in cooking. Nope. No genie. On the upside, though, their toddler daughter almost has max charisma. Since she turned toddler, she's been wanting to get charisma skill point after skill point! I've never seen this happen before. Is it new?
Instructor
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 12:37 PM
I've had two sims so far reach max enthusiasm in their preferred hobby and I haven't gotten a lamp yet.

As for toddlers rolling wants to gain points...yeah, some of mine have always done that. I think it depends somewhat on the personality of the toddler since not all toddlers do that. I often make those that have all those skilling wants into knowledge sims later in life since it fits them.

Dream
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 4:33 PM
I moved in a sim couple and started thier life together they were trying for a baby and just starting thier lives together when i got a lamp dropped off one day they hand't had time to learn any skills or gain much enthusiasum in anything but they got a lamp,

4children, 5promotions and a few skill points later the old lady dropped off a second lamp to the house they hadn't even finished with the first one,

another of my sims just got a lamp also and again he hasn't filled any enthusiasums, hes like lots of hobbies and he has a few skill points gained and he's in love,

i think the lamp is just a random occurance
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 6:19 PM
Once I called old lady but instead of usual visit she left me a genie lamp. That repeated everytime I called her! :confused: but suddenly stopped/ Don't know why!
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 6:30 PM
It doesn't come from hobbies. It comes from having a "good week". Fulfill those wants, have good interactions, live well. Your reward will be whatever you "wish". ^.^

(You know you play Sims 2 too much when you start speaking in thinly veiled riddles.)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 7:30 PM
The only way I've ever gotten a lamp was by calling the Gypsy. She kept coming over, dropping lamps and leaving. I got five lamps in one night. One for every member of the household, but still... The reason I called her so much was because I was hoping that at some point, I'd be able to greet her, buy a potion and get a blind date. But she wouldn't stick around long enough >.<
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nyctea
Once I called old lady but instead of usual visit she left me a genie lamp. That repeated everytime I called her! :confused: but suddenly stopped/ Don't know why!

That's caused by a hack conflict. Make sure all of your custom content is updated and compatible.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkestBlu

In my experiences, wishing for beauty means that their chemistry with other sime goes up. I had one sim who had chemistry of 1 or 2 bolts with four women, and when he wished for beauty he suddenly had 3 bolts with all of them. Which worked out well, as he was a romance sim. Peace of mind they should get platinum aspiration, I think. The only ones where stuff appears, I think, are wealth, where you get bags of money, and resurrecting someone, where the person reappears. I think whether they come back as a zombie or not is just random.

But wait, aren't there 5 choices of wish? Or am I making that up?
Scholar
#23 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
But wait, aren't there 5 choices of wish? Or am I making that up?

Yup: you missed out "Have A Long Life"
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bille_182002
where do you find him?

Matchmaker drops him off randomly.

You can find downloads where he's buyable.

Or use the boolprop cheat, and spawn a genie lamp.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:40 AM
I just got my own genie and I thought about wishing for the long life and I wanted to know what happened before I did such a thing. Does anyone know?
Page 1 of 2