Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:24 PM
Default Apartments Confirmed
Apartments Life Confirmed. :dance: :dance: You can check snootysims
Advertisement
#2 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:29 PM
Aw.. I wasn't sure I wanted it
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:41 PM
Coming Fall 2008

Your sims are moving into a brand-new apartment and their lives will never be the same.

Fun and drama await as your sims discover apartment living from getting along with new neigbours to meddle some landlords, building their reputation to visiting new local hangouts. Take your sims out of their serene suburbian homes into bustling apartment buildings.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:43 PM
Thank you for posting that quote. I can't get on Snooty from this PC. Definitely sounds like something i'd add to my EP collection :D
#5 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:45 PM
I cannot wait for this to come out!
Finally - a bit more realism in the game :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:49 PM
I'm so excited!! I'm really glad Eaxis decided to give us one more, since I don't think I'll be getting TS (never say never though). Off to check snootysims now :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:52 PM
I'm such a sims 2 crackhead...I can't even say that I won't be getting this one...I already know I'll get it when it comes out even if I don't really want it. :/
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:10 PM
haha same here ' kiki, except the crack head bit lol jokes :P

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
#9 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:14 PM
I'm guessing this will be the last. I think I will buy it, sounds quite interesting...
Alchemist
#10 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsgirl2
Apartments Life Confirmed. :dance: :dance: You can check snootysims

Hey if it's not Magic or SS I'm happy. BTW there's no confirmation on there. Unless I'm just not seeing it with my 42 year old eyes
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:38 PM
WHHEEEEE!!! Apartments!!! Real apartments!! I will def get this pack
#12 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:54 PM
Please in the name of all Sim holiness let them include spiral stairs. lol Those are sometimes used in loft type apartments right? I really want some good functioning spiral stairs.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#13 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:00 PM
It's the first article on the page: "In the most recent FreeTime boxes are now flyers with info about the next expansion pack, called Apartments. A small part from it: "from getting along with new neighbors to meddle-some landlords, building their reputation, to visiting new local hangouts."
Thanks to AztecGoddess from the Sims BBS for this info."

From the actual image:

NEW! Coming Fall 2008 All New Expansion Pack!

Fun and drama await as your sims discover apartment living - from getting along with new neighbors to meddlesome landlords, building their reputation to visiting new local hangouts. Take your Sims out of their serene suburban homes and into bustling apartment buildings.

Visit www.TheSims2.com - More Information Coming Soon!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:09 PM
This could actually be a lot of fun. I wonder how it'll evolve as more details come out.
Alchemist
#15 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
It's the first article on the page: "In the most recent FreeTime boxes are now flyers with info about the next expansion pack, called Apartments. A small part from it: "from getting along with new neighbors to meddle-some landlords, building their reputation, to visiting new local hangouts."
Thanks to AztecGoddess from the Sims BBS for this info."

From the actual image:

NEW! Coming Fall 2008 All New Expansion Pack!

Fun and drama await as your sims discover apartment living - from getting along with new neighbors to meddlesome landlords, building their reputation to visiting new local hangouts. Take your Sims out of their serene suburban homes and into bustling apartment buildings.

Visit www.TheSims2.com - More Information Coming Soon!

ok now I see it. I swear that wasn't there when I looked the first time though lol
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:14 PM
I wanted to groan about yet another expansion pack, but this one actually sounds pretty interesting. It should be a nice segue into Sims 3, with the reputation-building.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:19 PM
Well, this could be cool... we'll have to see what they do with it.

Being an apartment dweller myself, one thing that just came to my mind was - will there be laundromats? They're a big part of apartment living! I'm not sure how they'd do it, but something about apartments with no laundromats just doesn't seem right to me.

That, and actual functional parking lots to park their cars in.
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:39 PM
You're welcome cinamun. I was at work and typed it very fast.

Anyway I think some of MM and SS features might be added in this EP. It says "building their reputation to visiting new local hangouts."
Maybe we can get fame aspiration then

Besides, when I heard it, a local childrens' park with sliders, swings and wading pools between the apartments came to my mind. Of course we will be definately getting spiral ladders.

Our sims can buy flats and then rent them, becoming landlords, having a new income.

Teenagers become young adults without going to university, they move out, start to live shabby flats with different flatmates. They try to be famous film stars or a film directors.

In the basement of the apartment a curious sim find a small hole opening the gates of magicworld.

The sloppy and neat flatmates get really angry with each other.

These are some of my ideas...
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:54 PM
This is something they can either do really well, or horribly. If they use the ideas you guys are throwing out, I think it should be a blast. Lets just hope they put the effort into it, but with TS3 coming out you never know.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:58 PM
The reputation seems vaguely reminscent of Superstar, or even Urbz. I'm one of those anti-SS people though, and fame meters annoyed me a lot. However, a more personal reputatioin bar sounds interesting. Plus the ability to rent out space and such should add an interesting dimesion to the game.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Alchemist
#21 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 6:03 PM
woooohooooooo!
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 6:08 PM
I knew this was an EP! Hmm, it sounds pretty promising, like a combination of SS (yay!) and Urbz (boo!). I wonder what would the game offer for people wh odon't want to live in apartments.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Alchemist
#23 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
I knew this was an EP! Hmm, it sounds pretty promising, like a combination of SS (yay!) and Urbz (boo!). I wonder what would the game offer for people wh odon't want to live in apartments.

It sounds pretty limited right now, doesn't it?!
We'll get many more juicy details as time goes on & I really have high hopes for this EP. I LOVE that they're coming out with a new idea rather than regurgitating one of the oldies.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 6:20 PM
Sounds good, I've wanted Apartments for my Simmies for so long. I hope we won't be limited as to the style and function of the apartments though, that would be a bummer!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 7:04 PM
ok, this excites me. I can't wait to have apartments!!!
Page 1 of 12