Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 6:17 PM
Default Just wanted to warn all who use EADM
*raises hand and coughs* I have been struck by the 3 times security issue this morning.
-- Error
For security reasons, you are allowed 3 concurrently active licenses. This limit has been reached. Please wait until one of the other licenses has auto-expires, then try again.

WTF!!!??? I've called tech support and politely asked what it meant and how I can fix it. They have told me it needed a higher up tech support tech and I will be contacted up to 48 hours from now. So now I cannot play my sims nor can I even get help until they decide to contact me. I sure hope they can compensate for all the BS they have caused. I've waited 2 days to play TS2- I took 2 days off to get house stuff done and do some family tending only to look forward to today and find this crap. I have only installed the game 2 times- and thats it. I haven't done anything else. *shrug* I wouldn't even think the 3 times installed limit would effect the game launching.
I will update as soon as I get one myself... wish me luck.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 5:55 AM
For what exact game is this? I have all the EP's and SP's and none of them have ever done this. Or do you mean that if you now buy any of them at this time, they are updated with this EADM? That sucks if so!
Instructor
#53 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 6:33 PM
I bought FT and Pets off of thier site via downloader. I would assume it was FT, the tech support has given no indication that they know why I am receiving the error, and I am still waiting for thier tier 2 tech to contact me. I have figured out how to play however- I turn off the downloader and the game loads- but sometimes in the past its had asked to connect to the downloader and verify I own the game. I will just play without the EADM until it forces me to use it.
I hope this information helps. I did google and did read alot of ppl having similar issues with other EA games- especially Crysis.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 2:05 AM
I guess it marks the beginning of the damnation of it all, lol. But I guess it's just for digital download. Why not just buy the CD-rom instead? I'm still buying AL on CD when it comes out. Actually, I wish EP's started coming in DVD's instead because I hate the whole "insert disc x" deal.
Instructor
#55 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 2:56 AM
I plan to buy the cds for AL. I was impatient with FT and Pets was hard to find in stores. If I had waited a few days I could have bought FT in Walmart, but the forums when FT came out caused me to melt down and go download. I will control myself next go round
I've never heard of a DVD game- do they do something special?
Mad Poster
#56 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 10:19 PM
No, just that it's more convenient in one disc. When you install the game, no worries about inserting disc 1 or 2, etc. It's all in one disc because a DVD disc can hold more than a CD. I know the base game came with a special DVD Edition where it was one DVD instead of 4 CD's and an extra DVD with extra stuff like interviews, etc. But as for EP's, not sure if they ever came as DVD's as an option.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
But as for EP's, not sure if they ever came as DVD's as an option.

Yup, they do.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Mad Poster
#58 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 4:28 AM
I wish I found them in the USA, every store I have checked never had them.
Instructor
#59 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 5:07 AM
Frankie, you said the base game is 4 cds?? I bought the Base/NL 2 pack and it was 2 discs- one was a bonus disk and the other is the install. The box says DVD-rom. I guess I never paid attention. I got these at Circuit City this past Christmas. The labeling isn't very large just says it in the top right corner PC > big lettering and DVD-rom in smaller letters underneath, thats prolly why I never realized it was a dvd. Thanks for informing me about dvds vs just game discs.
Theorist
#60 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 6:01 AM
If it's on DVD then it's only one, but if it's CDs, yea it's 4...
Mad Poster
#61 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 1:41 AM
Yeah, the base game alone without the bundle/NL deal, is originally on 4 discs for the CD-rom version and one disc for the DVD version because DVD discs can hold more data. All SP's are only one CD-rom disc since they are smaller sizes and all EP's come in two CD-rom discs except for OFB because for some reason that was small enough to fit in only one disc (which is odd for what it offers). I want the DVD EP's because they are in one disc and patching would be much easier instead of having to switch from disc 1 to 2 to 1 again, etc. But I can never find EP's in DVD discs. If AL offers a DVD version, I would get it. Besides, most PC's nowadays come with DVD drives.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 5:52 AM
From the second chat:
Quote:
Guest (Aug 7, 2008 6:17:47 PM)
Will the version of SecuROM in Apartment Life have an install limit?

MaxoidShannon (Aug 7, 2008 6:17:47 PM)
The Digital Download version has a limit to the number of computers you can install the game on, it does not limit how many times you can install it on the same computer.

This should reassure many people and answer many questions.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Yeah, the base game alone without the bundle/NL deal, is originally on 4 discs for the CD-rom version and one disc for the DVD version because DVD discs can hold more data. All SP's are only one CD-rom disc since they are smaller sizes and all EP's come in two CD-rom discs except for OFB because for some reason that was small enough to fit in only one disc (which is odd for what it offers). I want the DVD EP's because they are in one disc and patching would be much easier instead of having to switch from disc 1 to 2 to 1 again, etc. But I can never find EP's in DVD discs. If AL offers a DVD version, I would get it. Besides, most PC's nowadays come with DVD drives.

The only eps I have that are on two CD discs are University and Nightlife. Pets, Open for business, Seasons, Bon Voyage and Free Time are all on one disc DVD's.

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 4:19 PM
i still have my 4 cd's for the original sims, takes so long to install >.<, thankfully none of them are deeply scratched *yet*
Mad Poster
#65 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FeNerd
The only eps I have that are on two CD discs are University and Nightlife. Pets, Open for business, Seasons, Bon Voyage and Free Time are all on one disc DVD's.

Well either EA must have started the DVD thing for EP's with OFB and up or you personally just don't happen to have the first two on DVD. But at this point t his, I'm just going to wait until they all come out in a complete collection pack (which I hope they do).
Scholar
#66 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 4:05 AM
noone where sells dvd versions wtf. damn you Florida >=(
also i ran out of shelf space for all my games lmao...i need another bookself :P
Mad Poster
#67 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 7:16 AM
Yeah, the cases are way too big, lol.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 11:14 PM
Guest (Aug 7, 2008 6:17:47 PM)
Will the version of SecuROM in Apartment Life have an install limit?

MaxoidShannon (Aug 7, 2008 6:17:47 PM)
The Digital Download version has a limit to the number of computers you can install the game on, it does not limit how many times you can install it on the same computer.

Notice how it says same computer. Earlier in this thread someone was saying that even changing the graphics card can make a computer count as a "different" computer. I'm not sure if that's true, but computers don't last forever so I hope the same doesn't mean anything.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 11:56 PM
I believe all sims games have in install limit. at least on my Computer they do. I believe that`s a fault on their part, they don`t give us a button so we can rest the N`hoods. so we`d have to uninstall than reinstall.

I just make a new screen name after I figured out that games stop working after so a few installations.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#70 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:25 AM
angeleyez87, that is a profile problem not an install limit. If your problem was due to an install limit then you wouldn't be able to circumvent it by creating a new user profile. To reset the hoods do this:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...t_Neighborhoods
Thestrialqueen, yes- if the hardware of the computer changes then it is possible that the computer would be detected as a different system. I've heard of this happening for some people with other electronic download games, but I've not heard of this with The Sims 2. It will be interesting to find out!
Frankie, FYI the games seem to be released on DVD throughout Europe, but on CD in the Americas. I think that this must be the result of surveys EA have done. You can probably blame me as I once did one of those online surveys that pop up when you install the EPs, and clicked that each of the PCs in my house had a DVD player. So probably no-one else in the world took the survey, so they concluded that more Europeans use DVD than Americans based on my one reply! :D
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 4:15 AM
I have a digital download for seasons and freetime and I have installed it on 3 different computers with no problem. I'm getting a new desktop in a few weeks, so I guess I'll see how it works then. At least if I have to call customer support, I can honestly say that I have only installed it on my computers. We just have quite a few.
Instructor
#72 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 5:10 AM
Well, I have been using the EADM since FT came out. I wrote about it in another forum I beleive a while back. Well my computer died... so I pulled out my older one and this one has a different hard drive. The EADM never installed on it- spent 2 weeks with tech support and today they are just going to reimburse me my money since they cannot find the reasoning behind the error. *cries* I haven't been able to play Pets or FT since I booted up this computer.
Heres a technical question for you all- I heard if you have the EADM games installed on hard drive you could burn them to a disk and reuse them to install instead of using the EADM. Is it really possible? and how do I go about doing that? Are there instructions online for how to burn the installation to a disk and reuse it? If so I would love to know how so I could burn FT and Pets from my old hard drive so I can install onto my computer. I cannot use my old hard drive with my current computer as they aren't compatible. Something to do with thier cords... Anyway please if anyone has a idea how to do that burn to disk thing I would forever be grateful.
Aine
Theorist
#73 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 5:36 AM
I never buy EA games through EADM, but I did download the store edition (I didn't install it though). You can find the installation files from C:/ProgramData/ (not Program files), I can't remember exactly the location but I did post it in this site, can't remember which thread though. Just search around in that folder and you'll find it. The files are exactly like the ones in the CD, I believe you can just burn them.

But I think you need EADM to be installed to actually play it, there's some dll included in there that checks if EADM is installed, I'm sure there's a workaround though, but this is not the site to discuss about it I believe
Instructor
#74 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 7:05 AM
Oh thank you, I honestly wasn't sure if my question was a topic to discuss, I just figured I'd ask since it was sorta related to the topic. Thank you- I will seek information elsewhere.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
angeleyez87, that is a profile problem not an install limit. If your problem was due to an install limit then you wouldn't be able to circumvent it by creating a new user profile. To reset the hoods do this:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...t_Neighborhoods

:bow: thank you so much !
Page 3 of 4