Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 1:52 AM
Neighbors will be able to babysit!
So i read in the free part of the primaguide that you will be able to ask your neighbors that live int he apartment to babysit whenever. Even when your sims go on vacation!!! And its totaly free!! How sweet is that?! :omg:

EDIT: You will have to ask the neighbor to babysit each time, you cant put them on a schedule like the nanny.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 1:57 AM
:omg: you just made my day ! :D
#3 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 2:44 AM
Finnally! No more annoying nannies!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:59 AM
That;'s cool, although I wish they did it for households too, it would actually be nice for the daughter to call her Aunt who's not busy and loves kids to baby sit her child instead of some stranger.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
#5 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:59 AM
They'll also watch your pets also even thou they won't do it for houses you can always hire a butler.They'll watch your kids.Sims in houses can hire butlers just like the ones in apartments.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 1:14 PM
Yeah that is a good addition to the game, but I think the Sim should maybe get like a dollar every passed hour or something but some people will do that type of thing for free.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 2:36 PM
This is now my favorite things about AL(other than seeing kids dance together ).! It will be so much easier to let your neighbor babysit! Nannies are super annoying, and always in the way, and I just cant stand them. So this is fantastic news.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 3:11 PM
Free!???!!?!
Oh my dear, I must so have this pack asap.
Instructor
#9 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 3:39 PM
which is fine and well great in fact..however if your neighbor is a creepy mouth breathing guy who drives a white van with blacked out windows your sims might want to think twice about letting their little simmlets hang out with him :P

(yes my imagination runs away from me at times, i still haven't caught up to it)

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 3:46 PM
:O I can't wait for this expansion pack.
Scholar
#11 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:16 PM
I bet now the neighbours will be just as bad as the nannies
Alchemist
#12 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
I bet now the neighbours will be just as bad as the nannies

lol, I was thinking that
#13 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:31 PM
At least two married family sims can get jobs now without taking an aspiration hit.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by longdaysend
which is fine and well great in fact..however if your neighbor is a creepy mouth breathing guy who drives a white van with blacked out windows your sims might want to think twice about letting their little simmlets hang out with him :P

(yes my imagination runs away from me at times, i still haven't caught up to it)

lol, that is creepy but would be kinda interesting sorta like the NPC from Bon Voyage ("Unsavory ... Charleston"? or something like that) that looks normal and is walking around and even if you don't have any type of realtionship with them they will ALWAYS babysit your kids or pets but when they do, maybe your kids or pet's moods begin to plunge and you might get a visit from the social worker.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 8:50 PM
Yay go aparment life....! :insane: :blow: :wowsers:

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 9:03 PM
i personally adore this!! no more having to pay for those crappy chaotic nannies!
however on a side note, i really think single lots(normal ones) should have this option as well. but only including friends/best friends. i used to babysit for my neighbor, and people across town as well.

Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 12:50 AM
i wonder how this would work though if lets say you asked donna next door to watch little cindy and oops its 6pm donna is supposed to be goingto work at 6pm but mom and dad are working until like 9pm will donna automatically go to work? and the kid is left alone?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
i wonder how this would work though if lets say you asked donna next door to watch little cindy and oops its 6pm donna is supposed to be goingto work at 6pm but mom and dad are working until like 9pm will donna automatically go to work? and the kid is left alone?

they said they ignore all places they have to go in the preview of the guide.
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
That;'s cool, although I wish they did it for households too, it would actually be nice for the daughter to call her Aunt who's not busy and loves kids to baby sit her child instead of some stranger.

Hmm. I think you could do that if the Aunt lived in the next apartment but that's the only solution I can think of
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 5:01 AM
This will make parents living with kids in apartments way easier. Sweet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 4:29 PM
I think the sim asking the neighbor to babysit has to has some sort of relationship with them at the least. And they said in the guide that the sim babysitting will not have to go to work or whatever and ignore all other interactions.
What I forgot to say the first time is that you have to ask the neighbor to babysit every time you need them to, you cant put them on a schedule like the nanny. Ill edit that in my main post as well for the new people reading this
Scholar
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamMLover
they said they ignore all places they have to go in the preview of the guide.

good to hear...i shoudl really re read the preview guide i didnt see anything on this lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Instructor
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 8:58 PM
I think that's cool, but I agree that they should get paid a little bit. Sometimes I baby sit for my ex-brother-in-law (wow, that makes it sound confusing... in real life he's just "Ian" to me lol), and he pays me. Although he does owe me from a couple weeks ago.... *shakes fist!*

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 8:59 PM
What if you have a neighbor babysit, go to work, then go play the neighbor's household while he/she is babysitting? Does it just pretend that she isn't?
Instructor
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 9:03 PM
It would open up at the last point you saved the neighbor's household. So it could be a week before they were asked to babysit, or (as will probably happen to me) before the kid is even born!

edit- although, if they aren't born yet, I wonder how it will work out relationship scores... This is all kind of confusing :<

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Page 1 of 2