Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
I'm going to use the apartment zoning to create a nursing home for my elder sims. Oh, that's going to be fun!

This is a really nice idea, especially for rich elder sims. They'll be able to spend the last few years of their life living in a plush apartment masquerading as a care home, in the company of other senior citizens (potential for new romance in their twilight years!) whilst their offspring squabble over who gets to keep the house. :D

This thread keeps tiding over my excitement for the EP. People have such great ideas! Keep them coming.
Advertisement
#52 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:12 PM
A retirement home sounds nice. I might actually do that since right now I tend to have the elders live with one of their kids and their family, but it gets kind of crowded. I'll probably make like a big common room for them to all hang out and then they'll each have their own suites.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 7:14 PM
Im gonna build the biggest bestest sim playground for my kiddies
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 9:18 PM
I can't wait!
I'm going to start making some luxury apartment complexes for my sims in a brand new neighborhood that I'll start from scratch where all of the apartments are family-friendly. There will be playgrounds, shopping malls, etc. I can't wait for this EP! It'll allow me to build the best neighborhood ever (that I've ever made, lol)!

kittielickie: I love your nursing home idea! I might steal it, lol

I am SO excited for this EP! IMO, it's going to be the best one they've ever made.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 1:40 PM
I'm going to do what I usually do when a new EP comes out - try out as many of the new things I can with my Sim-Self. :D
Field Researcher
#56 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
I'm going to use the apartment zoning to create a nursing home for my elder sims. Oh, that's going to be fun!

I'm planning on doing the same thing. I had already been designing a regular residential lot to serve this purpose, but am now just waiting for this EP. It will be coming out at about the time the first generation of my current neighborhood begins aging into elderhood.

If we are able to place apartments in university hoods, then I will also be putting up some for my uni students to move in to when they are ready to break free from dorm life.

And, of course, some of my Sims will be putting those rotating bookcases into their homes to better shield their nefarious and demented schemes from prying eyes.

Oooh, and my parks can now have playgrounds.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 3:47 PM
Reading through this thread gave me lots of ideas. I'm still going to make the duplexes I planned, but I'm also going to make a retirement home and a trailer park. Right now, I'm building the Pleasantview Cooperative where all of the sims will live separately in cabins, but they will all work together to grow and catch their own food. I'll rezone that right away. I might build an artist's colony, too, or I might just work it into the "commune".
Inventor
#58 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 4:08 PM
I'll do what I always do when i get a new EP... Wait for the patch.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
#59 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 12:13 AM
I have been dying to put my buddies and I all together in a house for ages. I have done it but it's not just right. Now, I can put us all in different apartments where we can all go out together but live separate (and yet close) and it's perfect!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 12:28 AM
I will use it to add stuff to my houses! :D

Oh and use the butler and witch :D
#61 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 1:36 PM
I'm going to make a skipping frenzy, I seriously clapped my hands and whooped when I saw the promo pics with a kid using a skipping rope. And use all the new baby interactions at once and have my sims learn "fire prevention".
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 2:59 AM
I also plan on doing something that I've found out by watching HGTV that's a popular trend in Central America. I'm going to put 3 to 5 beach houses surrounding a pool right along side of a beautiful ocean beach. But, each house is seperate and not connected, but they're all on the same lot and have similar or exact floorplans in contrast to each other. I can't wait for this EP. IMO, this is the best one they've come out with.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 1:33 PM
I've built two farms; the first one is divided into four small farms and the second is one big farm. It has a large comfortable farm house, a barn (divided into 2 small flats) and the stables which are converted into a rough flat. I've also built a Romani encampment in the woods and have been busy use the lot adjuster to build a castle that is divided into 8 sections and is surrounded by Tudor row houses. They are all sitting in my new neighbourhood waiting for Apartment Life.
Scholar
#64 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 1:56 PM
aftre first seeing what the aprtments are all about using the premade ones ill reset all my hoods again since im stalling out a bit with things to do for them, ill try my hand at making lots that are similar to the ones in my town..we have alot of duplexes and apartment buildings, then i think the majority of my broker sims and those still in the bin withonly 20k will be stuck in various apartments with just 1 or 2 playables and the rest npcs..im still debateing if i should make a uber fancy penthouse for the goths, be interesting to see morty on the third or fourth floor all to himself and a butler of course

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#65 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 12:54 AM
I'm going to create a new town called Pomegranate Heights and will have 4 apartment buildings, each filled with the max amount of families. I will also have 3 regular houses, only one of which will be used. Then I will have the big ol' rich family in the mansion that rules the town.

Families:

Apartment 1:
1. Raspen- Bachelorette
2. Cormorant- Married couple
3. Gilliam- Married couple w/ teenage son
4. North- Bachelor

A2:
1. South- Bachelor
2. Magpie- Widower w/ baby boy
3. Anderson- Brother & sister
4. Falls- Niagra, the resident bachelorette

A3:
1. Kesprin- Elderly married couple with teenage daughter.
2. East- Bachelor [see the pattern? ]
3. Farrell- Widow w/ twin toddlers
4. MacHarthey- Scottish twin girls

A4:
1. Paxley- Carter, the resident bachelor
2. Tanner- Crazy old cat lady
3. West- COWBOY!! :cowboy:
4. Ng- Asian bachelorette, Jill

1294 Main Street:
The Young Family- Donald & Yvonne w/ their kids:
Baby Hailey
and Oliver, who is currently the self-proclaimed "Hunkiest guy on campus" at Dieffenbach Academy, the local college.

Dieffenbach Manor- Resident tycoon Felix w/ his wife Minerva &...
Lady Helga Dieffenbach, Felix's elderly mom.
Danny Brewster, Minerva's teenage brother
Kirk, the teenage son
Ulysses, the purebreed Japanese Bobtail cat and his mate Bertha, the purebreed Scottish Fold cat and their offspring...
Jamie.

I'll need to remember all that! :einstein

Cheers ,
Kzakel
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 11:14 AM
A neighborhood consisting solely of apartments. Not one sim lives in their own house.
#67 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 1:49 PM
There are two things I'm looking forward to doing in AL. Building trailor parks, at least one nice one (I watched a show a few years ago on the Travel Channel called something like Millionaire Trailor Parks - some were truly amazing) and a dumpy one.

I also want to build a luxury senior apartment for some of my wealthier elderly sims. Malcolm and Trinity Landgraab are ready to leave their waterfront estate to their eldest son Christopher and move into a one story luxury apartment w/ Bultler. LOL
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:18 PM
I'll probably move my lesbian couple Azure and Savannah to a middle-class apartment after they graduate college and let them own one regular dog, one stray dog, a cat, and a hamster. Azure loves animals!

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:28 PM
I'm going to move my succubus/incubus twins, Wanda and Pietro, into a top floor open-plan two-floor penthouse with a couple of guest bedrooms so they can 'entertain' new friends. I just hope that someone updates one of the 'no-jealousy per lot' style hacks so I can truly get them back to their old have-sex-with-anything-that-moves selves.

I'll also move a Lance Alvers, a Tabitha Smith, a Todd Tolensky, and a Fred Dukes into the apartment below. No pattern here.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#70 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 9:10 PM
Imagine, if you can, the hideous bastard child of "Friends" and "Desperate Housewives".
#71 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Hmm...

1) Lilith Pleasant will become a evil witch, cast spells on her family, leave for University and living happily ever after in the magical world with Puck.

2) Summerdreams = Magic. There's no other way.

3) Alexander Goth will go through university, and come back to find out his family has been keeping his and Beau's love-child growing up in a secret basement because they believe Keldar will bring shame upon the Goths if anyone finds out about Alex and Beau's relationship. Alex goes insane, falls into a spiral of anger and despair, leading to the dark arts, and it's up to Beau and baby Keldar to teach him happiness again.

4) Brandi Broke will be thrown out of her trailer by Dustin, who has currently impregnanted Angela and will do so again when she's in University, causing Angela to drop out to raise the kids. Meanwhile, with the little money she has scraped together, Brandi and her two young twin girls will be moving into a one-bedroomed apartment and trying to make ends meet. Other people within that building will include Dirk Dreamer, who is trying to scrape a living and get out of an alcohol-fuelled lifestyle caused by his break-up with Lilith and his inability to afford University when he was younger.

5) After causing Alex's breakdown, Cassandra Goth will move out into an apartment with her and Don's twins. I may move her into the same building as Brandi and Dirk, only to make her and Brandi be nasty neighbours.

Apart from that, it's a case of see how I go and what inspires me between now and then.

tell us more!:D
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:21 AM
Build a decent 4 story apartment building with Penthousing at the top floor(s).

Nice enterance with a small library with computers for studying, visitors area seating with security desk at the front [And an office for the landlord which won't even be there :P]

Then a garage obviously :P
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HRAKLHS
tell us more!:D

I would, but I'd need to know stuff like what spells can I inflict on people. I've read out one that can make Sims fat, so I'd probably get Lilith to use that on on Angela.

Dirk and Brandi will eventually end up as a couple, and will move into one apartment. They'll also be enemies with Cassandra Goth, who will be struggling to make ends meet after Alex ruined her life.

Dustin will continue along the Criminal career path, eventually becoming a brothel/strip club owner, which will include Cassandra Goth, Bottom Summerdream, Lucy Blurb, and Opal Reymond.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#74 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:55 AM
I'll probably play around with the new neighbourhood, then probably create some apartments in my own and make some more sims to move in. I can't wait, it'll give me something new to play with. :P
#75 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 3:49 PM
I have so many plans for al.First off I'll play the new families in Bellacove.After that I'll put my self sim in an apartment and put Pamela the girl he will eventually marry in the room next door to him.

Plans I have for the maxis families.
Cassandra and Don will get married once they move into an apartment and Cassandra will become a good witch.

Brandi Broke will move into an apartment and take her son Beau and Jeff with her.She'll meet her husband to be in the apartment.Dustin will stay in the trailer.

Darrin Dreamer will also move into an apartment were him and a sim I made April will fall in love and get married.Darrin's son will keep the house and that's were him and Liliath Pleasents will live when they get married.

Nina Calienti will finally move out of Dina's house and get her an apartment.

Also Ophelia and Johnny will move into an apartment and start their life togeather.She's pregnant with his child.This will be their first child.

I'm also planning on moving one of the alien single girls into an apartment in Strangetown.

Other plans I have for apartment life or moving a guy in with two girls(three's company).Doing a story similar to Seinfeld were a single guy living by himself like Jerry.I'll do my best to create Kramer,George and Elaine.Jerry can use that new microphone in the common areas and do standup for sims on the lot.Also something else I will do is have a story about a mortal named Darrin Stevens will be married to a witch named Samantha.If they have a daughter I'll call her Tabita.

One more plan I have is to make a loveroom for me and Pamela.It will have a pink ceiling,red or pink walls,red carpet,the red heart bed with the new red lamps that come with al next to it on a night stand,I'll probebly add some paintings as well and the lips sofa or the pink sofa.Since there's ceilings and you can change the color pink or red would really add to a love room.
Page 3 of 4