Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:35 AM
Default I hate this EP.
There are millions of glitches, and all the main features aren't even half as good as they were made out to be.

This ep was extremely hyped up and infact, it's one of the worse ones.

Anyone else share my view?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bethyy
There are millions of glitches, and all the main features aren't even half as good as they were made out to be.

This ep was extremely hyped up and infact, it's one of the worse ones.

Anyone else share my view?

no i love it im not having any glitches and all my custom content is working as it should be i love the new interactions!!! the playground stuff is soo cute as well. what are your computer specs? that could explain the glitches

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:43 AM
I somewhat can't stand the glitches, but the whole EP is great. I dunno what you don't like about it--the apartment stuff? The witches? The fact that you can't build apartments without cheating? Because I actually like these things. Well, with the exception of the not-able-to-build-apartments-without-a-cheat thing.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:54 AM
I dont love it, i dont hate it. But its too early to tell for me, for its only been a few days and I havent experienced all that it has to offer.

If you want my view now, Id place this expansion pack... second or third to last; My view might change later on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:54 AM
I have great specs. It runs fine. I hate everything about it, other than the interactions, but to be honest, it's not worth buying just for the interactions.

My custom contect works fine, but this ep is just poo. The butler is incredibly glitchy. The helicopters don't work. And to be honest, everything said about it hasn't been as good as it was made out to be.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:58 AM
Helicopter doesn't work? What a shame. I haven't tried it, though.

I don't know what glitches this butler possesses, but I won't get him. Other than the numerous glitches, I still say this EP is pretty good.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:00 AM
i dont use the butlers your neighbours can watch the kids if you are freinds with them

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
#8 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:03 AM
I can't use the Helicopter.

Can I use the cheat : ChangeLot to build a Apartments ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:05 AM
Well, the butler has just walked off the lot with my baby move than once, he makes constant food if you but the food away that he makes first, if you don't put it away, it goes to waste. There are some things he wont clean, that a normal maid would. He constantly takes the baby out it's cot and leaves it on the floor.

As for the helicopters, their a waste of time
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:07 AM
Well knowing EAxis, a patch will come out. But expect also some bugs with the patch :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:11 AM
Well yeah, but to be honest, if I buy a game, I want the game play to be at least average, but considering they hyped this ep up to be one of the best eps to be released I expected it to be better than average. I know other eps have had issues. but this is rediculous.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:12 AM
im sorry you are having problems
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:29 AM
I know that they overhyped this EP out--but I'm guessing it's because they want to get the attention of gamers who were looking forward to TS3--to still play TS2 because it still can have really good EPs. And yes, the features were a bit huge, so I guess the hype built up more. And yes, EAxis rushes things. This is a bad example of a rushed game.

Just my 2 cents, though.
Instructor
#14 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.D
Can I use the cheat : ChangeLot to build a Apartments ?

Write changeLotZoning (apartmentbase) in the cheat window and it will work.
Be sure to use a residential and not a community lot or else you wont get the mailbox, but then I guess you already know that.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:36 AM
hmm since i've installed sims is now so slow, bodyshop and cas are fine its the gameplay, and its not my pc cos the other stuff works so quickly, anyway i love the puppy thing and the way the money changes when you start a new family :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:42 AM
I have been waiting sooooooooooooo long for this ep to come out. Apartments was something I always wanted in the game, and I like it.... dont love it.... its just way too glitchy. Lots disappearing, not being able to put anything outside on my apartment lots, buy mode objects disappearing or just plain not working..... on the other hand I love the new townie stuff, where you get job offers and more money an discounts an stuff, have'nt met a witch yet but I think thats a cool add on
#17 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 12:06 PM
Some of the glitches described in this thread, are due to cheats entered incorrectly, or cheats not being used to acheive your desired effect. I.E. apartments working correctly, conflicting hacks, uncompatible mods, outdated pc specs etc. I have built several apartments as well as HystericalParoxysm, and they work well when you know the rules.
I do regret if having to use cheats bothers you however that is an EA design thing. Also with the butler I can only say it is a genuine glitch. I do feel sorry for those who so easily dimiss any EP or SP as a total waste of time because their computer, or their copy digital or hard is causing unstable glitches and crashes.
But can we please all remember, not to state things as facts, such as certain features not working, or stating certain things like build design features are entirely unavailable until researching. This causes a flow of bad information being relayed from one forum to another that I know the moderators try really hard to clarify. Again I'm sorry you're having problems. let's remember though when it comes to Computer Specs, One man's Super Computer, or shall we say XBOX 360 is another man's ATARI.

I do hope a patch released can ease these problems. There is also the other alternative which isn't diplomatic or pleasant however effective.

:ds: Next time wait a little longer to buy the game to see what bugs it has. Most gamers know that any hardware or software in the first batches are usually the buggiest.
#18 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 2:08 PM
I love everything about this game except the glitches.I especially like that sims that arn't in love can wohoo in the closet just by being in crush.That's like casual sex.I also like the new interactions and the new stuff but most of all I like visiting my neighbors and I like how now that when a visiting sim you invite when they leave they give you some kind of greeting bye depending on how well they know you.I still have a lot to try like having a sim hire a roomate,the lap dog and the helicopter.Oh and I love the witches and the new hairstyles.
#19 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:26 PM
I love this expansion!

A few things bug me! But its still pretty awesome!

I think if a green witch has a baby the baby should be green too!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:08 PM
I love this EP.

For anyone experiencing bugs, there are some fixes over at MATY already. One that fixes the missing cell phone, and mail issue, and another fixes the broken butler.
#21 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:31 PM
No glitches yet
But Ive only played it for two days. HaHa!

I love the celling, and banging the wall when the neighbours are noisy!
And what should I have done without the food spell and time freezer? :D
But I dont like that Ive alredy done everything that is doable... I need more challenges!!!
Instructor
#22 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:18 PM
How does the freeze time work and what could someone do with that spell? As in whats a good reason to freeze time?
Instructor
#23 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:20 PM
I absolutely love this EP. I haven't found a feature I haven't liked. It's actually got me to play the game again instead of just taking photos and joining contests. I don't use the creature sims very often, but the witches are even fun for me. I've tested almost all the new features and the only glitch i've had is the wardrobe rack not displaying any options. Other than that it's running fine so far.

I'm kind of suprised someone with great specs can't get the helicopter working because it runs fine for me and my computer is on the low end. It's a bit boring though. it's exactly like a car.

What exactly is going on with the butler? i've hired him and the only thing i've noticed is he doesn't do very much. He hasn't made my sims food or anything.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:13 PM
The only thing I've found that's buggy (aside from stuttering/lagging and twice the game crashed) are the new closets. They don't have any options to change or plan outfits and woohooing in the closet only requires one Sim.

I haven't messed with the butler yet though.
Scholar
#25 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:17 PM
i lik eit well enough i dont have much lag and its not too glitchy (well so far i havent explored everyhting yet) although i do seem to be missing a few male hairs (any oneelse have that happen?)..though i intend to stick my backed up downlaods folder back it to see if that fixes it so im happy over all although i agree its not quite whats its been hyped up to be but are they really ever?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Page 1 of 2