Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:05 PM
My butler had to "warm up" to doing house work I think. He stood in the kitchen almost the entire day and cleaned up one dish but it had to start rotting. He's scrubbed my toilet about 4 times in 2 sim days and made 3 plates of food. I like the fact he doesn't make himself at home and watch my tv and such, but I wish he had like a feather duster and gave the idea he was tidying the house besides wiping his finger accross the counter 10 million times in a day.
Advertisement
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 2:49 AM
Luckily I've not had any glitches yet.
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alma70
Write changeLotZoning (apartmentbase) in the cheat window and it will work.
Be sure to use a residential and not a community lot or else you wont get the mailbox, but then I guess you already know that.

Thank you !
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:44 AM
i actually quite enjoy this EP. i love all the new interactions and the idea of apartments to begin with, and the witches are just too cool :D

i haven't experienced any glitches, crashes, or bugs at all, but i've yet to hire a butler or mess with the helicopter, so i can't say there are none. overall i'm very pleased.
Alchemist
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:22 PM
It's slowed up my game big time. I'm considering uninstalling it
Test Subject
#31 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:53 PM
BTW- I have heard for those that have no options on the closets that it might be Squinges 'wear anything pregnancy' hack. See if that helps.
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:53 PM
Mine isn't slow at all thank goodness. I expected it to be. I played the little mobile home lot...there's one little dude in his trailer that just stands in there and waves his arms around like he's stuck so far that's the only little glitch or whatnot i've encountered.

I'm debating on uninstalling Uni but not sure yet. My game isn't really slow I just don't use Uni that much.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:57 PM
I have options on my closets and I have the wear anything hack in...

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 5:40 PM
... it's worked fine with me. At first, it wasn't. All my objects worked fine, and my recolors are fine. But I could'nt use the new closets or the medicine cabinet. I took out Insim and Inteen, and well... it works fine now. All the interactions and such work just perfect. I didn't have many hacks anyways. *shrug*
Test Subject
#35 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 7:06 PM
Was it particularly hyped up, though? Other than being, well, advertised, what with it being an item for sale and everything. I thought there was much less official hype for this one than for Freetime (although I like both, so far).

I suppose I've managed to escape any bugs so far, except the strange problem I have with one of the pre-existing windows (I think from OfB) losing its colour options.
Instructor
#36 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 7:21 PM
I had the game lag but I just turned my neighborhood graphics down so I couldn't see all the decoration in the hood, and I turned the neighborhood view down to small. My game runs a lot faster now and really, I don't need to see the deco when I'm playing. :3

So I dunno, if anyone else is having game lag problems that's a good way to help! But in the end I guess it boils down to your computer specs.
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 7:29 PM
Oddly enough, I swear my game sped up. But that might be down to the big content deleting spree I went on before installing.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettiammie2005
I had the game lag but I just turned my neighborhood graphics down so I couldn't see all the decoration in the hood, and I turned the neighborhood view down to small. My game runs a lot faster now and really, I don't need to see the deco when I'm playing. :3

So I dunno, if anyone else is having game lag problems that's a good way to help! But in the end I guess it boils down to your computer specs.

Also keep in mind that the first time you visit a community lot after installing AL, the game creates a set of social group townies for that lot. This can result in some lag depending on your specs, but only occurs the first time you visit that lot. The game seems to be creating social group Sims for every community lot you visit, though I'm not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Alchemist
#39 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YamLin
Oddly enough, I swear my game sped up. But that might be down to the big content deleting spree I went on before installing.

My computer runs Crysis on High settings smoothly and lags with TS2 with AL installed. Something's wrong with that game
Field Researcher
#40 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jriggs
BTW- I have heard for those that have no options on the closets that it might be Squinges 'wear anything pregnancy' hack. See if that helps.

Oh! That makes me think it could be the hacked clothing rack that allows you to buy any clothing at home for free that could be messing with my closets. I don't have Squinges' hack.
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 3:09 AM
Maybe that was peoples problems (I never had a problem but others were reporting that). BTW, Squinge is back at Insim and has updated many things for this EP including the wear anything hack as well as community skilling and others.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 4:08 AM
I'm installing it right now, so hopefully I won't hate it. :D

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Field Researcher
#43 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fernweather
The game seems to be creating social group Sims for every community lot you visit, though I'm not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

I just wanted to add that there does appear to be an upper limit to the number of social group Sims that get added, so this doesn't appear to be a bug. I've had Sims visit a number of lots that hadn't been visited since I installed AL, and I'm no longer seeing any new townie generation. All in all, AL probably added more than 150 new characters to my neighborhood.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Forum Resident
#44 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 7:50 PM
Secret doorway bookcases. They just dont work....no feature of "walkthrough" when it clicked. Sims just wave and moan when they have to go into the room...even witches can't use it...

What am i doing wrong?

Plus rent mailboxes can't be moved even with move_objects on.....
#45 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:23 PM
You have to select to read the Mysteriously Mysterious book (can't think of the exact title but that's close) and then it swings you through to the other side. You have to do the same to get back out so if your sim's carpool or something else arrives you won't automatically exit the secret room to go to work.
Page 2 of 2