Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#426 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 11:30 AM
Thanks for the info Roxxy. Sorry the game is giving you issues... hope it's not too big of a problem. Thanks again for sharing with the rest of us.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#427 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 2:55 AM
I'll have to spend some more time (a LOT more time) exploring the EP, but it's good so far... I really like the new start up songs. hehe
Sockpuppet
#428 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:30 AM
The last comic strips is available !

http://thesims2.co.uk/pages.view_page.asp?id=578
Lab Assistant
#429 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:50 AM
Hmm i got Apartment life yesterday and i started playing this morning.
And im quite frustrated cause the only "tiny" apartent is the small trailers, or whatever they are called. House on weels.

The rest is huge, Like the second "cheapest" after the trailers are bigger than my normal houses are.

I'm a bit disapointed.

I guess i have to build them my self, Or have i missed something?
#430 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeri
Hmm i got Apartment life yesterday and i started playing this morning.
And im quite frustrated cause the only "tiny" apartent is the small trailers, or whatever they are called. House on weels.

The rest is huge, Like the second "cheapest" after the trailers are bigger than my normal houses are.

I'm a bit disapointed.

I guess i have to build them my self, Or have i missed something?

Are you looking in the "specialty lots"?

I guess all the apartment lots are big because they have to fit four living spaces. But yeah, you can always make your own.
Lab Assistant
#431 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simply_Sims
Are you looking in the "specialty lots"?

I guess all the apartment lots are big because they have to fit four living spaces. But yeah, you can always make your own.

xO i never really looked in there, cause theres rarley anything usefull there.
Now i found alot of new lot's. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#432 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:10 AM
Question: Can you only have one playable family per lot? So the rest of the apartments are taken by townies? Like uni dorms. Or can you move in two(+) separate families and choose which to play before entering the lot?

I'm expecting the first case, but I'm sure you can get round it somehow.
Lab Assistant
#433 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:28 AM
I just saw here:
http://s365.photobucket.com/albums/...sontheirown.jpg

Answers my question! And..Yay!!!
Scholar
#434 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidityKills
Question: Can you only have one playable family per lot? So the rest of the apartments are taken by townies? Like uni dorms. Or can you move in two(+) separate families and choose which to play before entering the lot?

I'm expecting the first case, but I'm sure you can get round it somehow.

You can have a max of 4 playable familes per apartment lot. If you had a lot with 6 apartments, 2 would have to have townies only.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
#435 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 12:09 PM
Yes, you choose which apartment to move into or you can merge with an existing family of course. The remainder are occupied by townies, until you move a family in. Max of four families as mentioned above.
Lab Assistant
#436 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 12:41 PM
That's brilliant, it seems like it'll be a bit like easing into how Sims3 will be.
(which as far as I can see will involve saving different versions of your town in different slots and choosing a household to play from a particular slot)
#437 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 12:57 PM
For those who have the game: is Belladonna Cove beach lot capable?
Forum Resident
#438 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 1:05 PM
should be some lots that be placed on the beach there is pic of the neighborhood in sims pics
Lab Assistant
#439 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 1:07 PM
oh come on 12 o clock noon in ny!!!
Field Researcher
#440 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jrich572
It's the latter, but I'm having trouble getting my custom built apartments to work right.

I'm hoping it's because I was too stubborn to remove all of my hacks and things will be fine after I do that.

Oh, that's not good. Let us know if you get your custom built apartment to work right. That's what i'm planning on doing. i'll be really upset if it doesn't work!
#441 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 8:43 PM
Just got the game (Yeeeesssss *fist pump hand gesture) I'm waiting for it to load. I read this in the book. "Dance Kiss: A sweet and romantic way for your sims to lock lips. Choose this social action and your intiating Sim twirls the object of their affection before dipping them and going in for a smooch" Neat! Now we can choose this option rather than waiting for it to autonomously occur.
Field Researcher
#442 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JujuTS2
Well, it's true no article talk about the "brush their teeth" feature !

And that's why, there was 2 chats, because there is a lot of new interactions !

Yep, AL allows you to have all 9 yards of self hygiene which includes washing face with brushing your teeth. Although you need a sink below it to use the medicine cabinet.
Lab Assistant
#443 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 2:05 AM
Is there a thread about hacks/mods that work, don't work and will be updated and whatnot that i am not seeing? I know there was one for freetime that was updated periodically.

For the time being I am going to pull them all but I do like to keep an eye on these things

People who like this sort of thing will find this is the sort of thing they like. -Abraham Lincoln
Instructor
#444 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 2:51 AM
Anyone else noticed that the new neighborhood building that came with AL overwrites a building that came with Nightlife? The one that lits up at night that is. =(
Why do Eaxis keeps making mistakes like these?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#445 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 3:11 AM
AL Is The Last EP
As I post this a bit ago in another thread, I just wanted to post this here since it pertains to the topic:

Quote:
NRAMA: Switching gears a little bit, back to the PC. Sims 2 is winding down. We just had the last expansion pack for the game ship with Apartment Life. Now the last Sims 2 Stuff pack was just announced, Mansion and Garden Stuff; can you tell us about that a little bit?

I know it's not really an official confirmation, but it could mean two things: the last as in the previous or the last as in the last. I'm guessing it's just the last. It makes sense to start the new year with a new game and end all of The Sims 2 this year with the Mansion & Garden Stuff as the last SP.

So are any of you sad to see Sims 2 go? Did you really want there to be more or are you glad that this is possibly the last? I'm ready for Sims 3 and Sims 2 is already boring me now, lol. Thank God we don't have to wait a year in between like we had to from Sims 1 to Sims 2.
Theorist
#446 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 11:03 AM
By the way they worded it, I think it means the last as in the last, not latest... And to answer your question frankie, I'm still a bit bitter that we didn't get the baby stuff. Boo.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#447 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 8:08 PM
Yeah, I know, I wanted the baby stuff as well. Or at least there could have been the baby stuff that was originally supposed to be in AL but was pulled out, like the baby gym.
Top Secret Researcher
#448 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 8:56 PM
i'm a bit sad about the sims 2 ending.. (around febuary we should make a thread saying the best things about ts2 as a goodbye thing - yes im that pathetic.) i was pissed off that the took out baby stuff and now we're never going to get it .. oh well they better inclued it in ts3 or i will hunt EAxis down and damand a explanaton why the ignore the babies as much as they do elders, overall im happy with this ep and think it was a goodway to end ts2. :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Alchemist
#449 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
So are any of you sad to see Sims 2 go? Did you really want there to be more or are you glad that this is possibly the last? I'm ready for Sims 3 and Sims 2 is already boring me now, lol. Thank God we don't have to wait a year in between like we had to from Sims 1 to Sims 2.

I'm ready for TS3 as well. I don't even play TS2 as much now since we've learned so much about TS3 game play
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#450 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I'm ready for TS3 as well. I don't even play TS2 as much now since we've learned so much about TS3 game play

Exactly! It's not that I don't want to play Sims 2 as much anymore, it's that after learning more about Sims 3 and being spoiled with all the new info, screen shots and videos, the anticipation gets way too strong to ignore and it makes it harder to play Sims 2 because it now seems so dull and lacking in comparison to Sims 3. Trust me, I wish I could still look at Sims 2 as the same as before I ever learned about Sims 3, but I can't. Sometimes I'll turn my game on and just sit there not knowing what to do because the mood to play it drifts away quickly.

Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
i'm a bit sad about the sims 2 ending.. (around febuary we should make a thread saying the best things about ts2 as a goodbye thing - yes im that pathetic.) i was pissed off that the took out baby stuff and now we're never going to get it .. oh well they better inclued it in ts3 or i will hunt EAxis down and damand a explanaton why the ignore the babies as much as they do elders, overall im happy with this ep and think it was a goodway to end ts2. :D

You're not pathetic at all, in fact, I think that's a great idea! But we should wait until AFTER Sims 3 is released and until we get an official confirmation of Sims 2 truly ending from EA. The bright side is that we might be getting a complete collection. For $50 with all 8 EP's and all 9 Ep's, you can't beat that! And it will all patched up because after a patch for a certain EP is released, the EP then starts being sold with that patch included. I should know because I bought Uni a second time after giving my old copy to my sister because I wanted the new case it came with (yes, sad, I know) and when I tried to install the patch, it said it was already updated. So that must mean that newer copies of games come with patches.
Page 18 of 19