Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:58 PM
Default Belladonna Cove.
BELLADONNA COVE.

Now Apartment Life is out, which is the new neighbour hood comes with, what do you guys think of the new town?

-Are you just going to delete it?
-Are you going to use it as a tester for AL
-Are you someone who loves maxis familys and plays them?

Discuss everything about Belladonna Cove here!
From witches to landlords.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 4:57 AM
I don't know but I know I'm going to move Bella Goth into one of the apartments and make her a witch lol.

Bella Donna Goth is her name. So I guess that's why it's Belladonna Cove? :sci:
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 5:25 PM
Its believed that they named the neighborhood BellaDonna Cove for a few different reasons.
One- Bella Goth.
Two- bella donna means beautiful woman in Italian
Three- "belladonna" (when put together) means deadly nightshade in Italian
Four- Belladonna is a plant that witches use for witchcraft. The plant is also known as deadly nightshade to Italians that used this plant to put on their eyes to make their pupils bigger which was considered attractive back then (hence Bella Donna meaning beautiful woman)

I got all this from a post on thesims2.com here it is: http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...04b7a4037f9f0e0
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 12:52 AM
That's interesting.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 1:39 PM
thats cool ...

Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 2:29 AM
what's the deal with Bella Goth anyway?

All I know is she disappeared from Pleasantview and could be found in StrangeTown in the beginning of sims 2

I don't know whether she's a character from sims 1 or not
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 5:56 AM
Bella Goth is a character from the sims one. She supposedly got abducted or I'm not sure what happened to her. The Strangetown Bella isn't the original one. It's a remade one. Bella isn't dead but if you were to summon her she has a death token. Meaning if you took her to a community lot or saved the lot and reloaded it, it would say shes a ghost and disappeared.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 7:09 PM
apprently eaxis deleted bella by accident and it was too near release date to re-make her so they quickly made up the story of her abduction, also the one in strangetown is'nt bella goth, shes a lookalike, theres a whole thread about bella goth in the common thread forums by hp, this one is about the town

anyone got any info on the new n'hood?
is'nt big?
any niice pre-made families/houses ( HOUSES not apartments)?
whats the playground like?
any other community lots?
share!! :D

Theorist
#9 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 7:16 PM
Apparently, the occupants of the 'hood come out and talk to the Big Bella statue in a circle - and you can see it in the Neighborhood view..
But, Alas, I don't have the game, so I don't know... Its comeing soon though *oooo*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 7:18 PM
talk to the statue?! thats so funny.. "yea im the great bella, talk to me or i'll curse you.." haha
im joking btw

Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 8:12 AM
LOL thinking they accidently deleted her is hilarious. *oopsies* we just deleted a really important pleasant view character.. let's make up a good bullshit alien story and make a phony bella for strangetown. Maybe people won't notice *hehe*
#12 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 8:47 AM
I haven't really played it yet, but I like how it looks. It's kind of a combination between an urban and suburban neighborhood.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:50 AM
Maybe they named it because they've ran out of names to name a 'hood. :p
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:07 PM
if its easy for us to bring back the original bella with simPE, then they should have been able to do it with all their stuff they use, You think it would have been harder and take longer to re-create her with a lookalike LOL! jeez
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
apprently eaxis deleted bella by accident and it was too near release date to re-make her so they quickly made up the story of her abduction

This was just a silly rumor that someone probably came up with while trying to analyze why they would kill off the most popular character. I think it was in the forums somewhere that this was officially disputed by a Maxoid. Sorry I can't remember where to link, but I definitely read it.

The others are right. EAxis could've easily brought Bella back, had they accidentally deleted her. It certainly wouldn't be the most amazing thing they've accomplished while making this game.

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Mad Poster
#16 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 9:07 PM
I don't know what anyone else is planning on doing with Belladonna Cove but I don't want any extra Neighbourhoods to play so I'm packaging all of the community lots and then plan on deleting Belladonna cove and using the comm lots in my own hoods.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 12:58 AM
I'm really enjoying Belladonna Cove so far. So much so that I've abandoned my custom neighborhood and haven't even added apartments to it yet. There are some interesting stories and characters to play too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:11 PM
i hav'nt played any of the pre-amde family's yet but i LOVE the trailer trash apartments! anyone else love this lot?!

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:46 PM
The trailer trash apartments are awesome. I was almost sad when the one playable sim, Jessica, had to move out because she had twins and there wasn't enough room in that dinky little space for them. I'm definitely going to be moving another trailer trash sim into one of them really soon.

Gamegrl66: I really like Belladonna Cove too. Some of the families are great; there's a really nice mix, and I like that they actually have family trees and memories. The only thing that annoyed me is the three families in the sim bin DON'T come with family trees and memories, or any skills or jobs or anything. The Newson family (the one with all the kids and no parents) had the potential to be the most awesome Maxis family ever, but because they've obviously just been rushed through CAS, they don't feel like fully-formed characters.

At the moment, I'm really enjoy playing the Patels. They've just had their second kid, and they've stayed in the apartment they were originally in (because, despite its size, it's actually one of the more suitable apartments for families of four.) Their kids are really unique looking (in a good way. :D)
#20 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:01 PM
I think if InSim does get updated or through BoolProp you could give the Newson family parents

I've been playing the four teenagers in Belladonna Cove at the moment and they are at university. I think it's Gavin and Ginger Newson, Tara something and the Cleveland boy.

Gavin and Tara have one bolt. Woo! So I've been making them focus on that . It'll be good to interlink the two families and have them live in either apartment block.

I also love playing Samantha Cordial's family at the moment too.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charlie-chan
I think if InSim does get updated or through BoolProp you could give the Newson family parents

Oh, I don't want to give them parents - I LOVE the fact that they're a family with no parents. But I would have liked for them to have memories etc of their parents' death, and for their deceased parents to show up on the family tree. And (this, not so much, because I can quickly get them to that point in-game, but it still would have been nice) them to have the relationships with each other that their biographies imply they should have. The teenage boy will apparently do anything for his brothers and sisters, according to his biography, but his relationship panel suggests he doesn't even like them that much! Madness!

Anyway, I've moved them into that cheap city center tower block, the one next to the trailer park, and the whole family is crammed into two tiny bedrooms and a living space. Should be interesting. :D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 2:19 AM
I honestly found these premade sims to be kindof boring. Well, the Cordial sisters are okay, but other EP's have definatly had more interesting families (Like Natasha Una & the Greenmans for example)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 2:44 AM
I don't mind Belladonna cove so far but may give it a bit of a revamp....just not crazy about the setup
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elly001
Oh, I don't want to give them parents - I LOVE the fact that they're a family with no parents. But I would have liked for them to have memories etc of their parents' death, and for their deceased parents to show up on the family tree. And (this, not so much, because I can quickly get them to that point in-game, but it still would have been nice) them to have the relationships with each other that their biographies imply they should have. The teenage boy will apparently do anything for his brothers and sisters, according to his biography, but his relationship panel suggests he doesn't even like them that much! Madness!

Anyway, I've moved them into that cheap city center tower block, the one next to the trailer park, and the whole family is crammed into two tiny bedrooms and a living space. Should be interesting. :D

I also love the fact that they have no parents. My Ginger and Gavin has been having a rough time raising the kids alone. At least they don't have to work right now because they weren't short on cash. Ginger has become bitter and is attacking Gavin but nicer to the other siblings. She often refuses to play with the others though.
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
i hav'nt played any of the pre-amde family's yet but i LOVE the trailer trash apartments! anyone else love this lot?!

I love the trailer trash lot too! lol I have a witch family living there! hee hee
Page 1 of 2